I can't figure out why I'm not losing weight

I can't figure out why I'm not losing weight.
I recently started going to the gym and I have a fairly physically demanding job. I've cut out like 90% of sugar from my diet, no sodas, candies, deserts, etc.
On average I walk between 5 and 7 miles a day, and I do weight lifting 3 days a week. I'm 6'1 and 270 lbs. My weight hasn't changed in months, it actually went up after weight lifting.

To give some other quick stats.
Deadlift 375 x 1
Bench 240 x 1
Tbar row 225 x 1
Squat 300 x 3
For food I live mostly on beans, veggies, and fish though I eat red meat probably twice a week and have greek yogurt daily. I probably consume around 3000 calories.

Any advice?

Bumping for interest

Probably might want to try eating less senpai.

bump

>recently started going to the gym
>elite stats

well pasta'd

Oh geez, thanks.
I forgot to try that.
Oh wait, no I did that and all of my lifts went way down and I still didn't lose weight.

How are those elite stats?
I know tons of people that do way more than that.

Well better call the nearest hospital because your body no longer abides by the laws of physics.

C O R T I S O L

O

R

T

I

S

O

L

Actually there's several conditions that can cause weight gain even when eating less. Thyroid conditions and metabolic disorders as well as eating too little can all cause weight gain or stagnation.
So, good job understanding the human body.

didnt notice they were only 1RM, although elite was a strong word still. anyway eat less, count calories that's it

>muh condishuns can break the laws of thermodynamics
Good job understanding basic physics.

>like 90%
>around 3000 calories
>probably

Actually start tracking shit, you're probably eating a ton.

by weight, what do you mean? body fat?
muscle is far heavier than fat. the scale is an incredibly inaccurate tool, especially for what you're doing.

get a flexible tape measure and take daily measurements, and take pictures of your face and body every week.

What are you fucking retarded?

Eat less you manatee. Try cutting to

>probably consume around 3000 calories.

There can't be any "probably" here. You need to fucking KNOW. Weigh/measure everything. EVERY THING. Did you spray the pan with cooking spray? You better fucking count that shit.

Then, observe what happens to your weight over the course of a few weeks. From this, you should be able to solve for TDEE. Did you gain a pound a week? Then you are eating a 500 calorie a day surplus. Did your weight stay the same? Then you are eating at maintenance.

Adjust your calories until you are eating at a 500 calorie daily deficit. You will know you did the math right because you will lose a pound a week. If not then you fail at math somewhere, most likely you ate something and didn't count it, or didn't measure it correctly.

I actually count everything I eat.
It is all measured out portions of fish, rice, beans, etc.
I haven't enjoyed a meal in months.
I say around because some days I work more and some days I work less and I adjust accordingly.

Go back to tumblr, troll. That bullshit doesn't play here.

Not op but as a 6'5" 340lb man would eating 2000 calories be high enough to lose weight or should I go for the 2500 calories?

At that weight, I'd say go as low as you can handle.

>I can't figure out why I'm not losing weight.
>I probably consume around 3000 calories.
>probably
>3000 calories

this is a troll thread right?

Adjusting accordingly would at best let you maintain. You don't do that on a cut.

The thing is I was told that its bad to go down too low.

>Elite
> can't bench body weight
> can't even pull 4 plate

These are "lifting for a year" stats.

Ok, now take those portions and eat 90% of them, add some cardio too.

You'll lose weight now.