Do BCAA's really help prevent muscle atrophy on a cut or are they a meme invented by shills Veeky Forums?

Do BCAA's really help prevent muscle atrophy on a cut or are they a meme invented by shills Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaas-the-many-benefits-of-amino-acids.html
biolayne.com/coaching/faq/part-e-bcaa/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPg76sleXv0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BCAA are clinically proven to prevent muscle loss(doctors even prescribe them to people for that purpose) but it's up to you whether slightly slower loss of muscle during cutting is worth the cost of supplements

Don't most protein powders comes with BCAAs?
Just have a shake on a cut and you should be fine

they have been proven to spike muscle protein synthesis and decrease muscle protein breakdown, so it seems logical that they would. but at the moment we don't have proof that they help preserve/gain muscle if you already eat enough protein so nobody can say for sure that they work.

The money part isn't really an issue, it's just whether or not they're a worthwhile investment. Do they help with putting on muscle at all?

that's not how BCAA supplements work. the point is to take them between meals to keep muscle protein synthesis high throughout the day. you take them for their acute effect. they have to be timed correctly and taken alone. if you take them with a meal you're wasting your money.

Protein = BCAA. As long as you're getting enough protein there's no need to buy BCAA powder separately.

You only really get their benefits when you're doing intermittent fasting (of if you're not getting enough protein in the first place).

>take them between meals to keep muscle protein synthesis high
Is there any science to actually back this up? Assuming you eat every 6 hours or so and get protein with every meal this shouldn't be a problem at all.

They do help but the difference will be very minor if your protein intake is already high

if you think taking bcaas will give you extra gains youre dead wrong and youre probably taking a lot of other supplements for the wrong reasons too

>Is there any science to actually back this up?
yes, there is. look it up yourself.

both of you are unfamiliar with the data on BCAAs and should stop giving advice. I mean, we can discuss how useful they might be, but when you don't even know what they do it's just pointless.

>makes claim that goes against everything you hear from everywhere else
>hurr look it up yourself

Nope.

is there any point in BCAAs on a bulk?

Anyone here take BCAA's while working out? is this actually useful?

BCAA is PROTEIN. Thats all folks! There are a few forms of aminoacids and BCAA are supposed to be the a bit rarer ones. But if you eat enough protein you get enough BCAA anyway.

Its because those who were eating BCAA were basically eating more protein than the control group - and as we all know, eating protein is good for anti muscle loss

technically yes but proteins are broken up into amino acids when digesting.

supplementing with extra amino acids is pointless if you are eating enough protein.

bigger question, should I get some fish oil? Probably yes, I'm already a very clean water but more omega acids would be good right?

BCAA's a good for only one thing and that's:

Fasted training

They provide the nutrition needed to maintain muscle without ruining your fast

BCAAs are good***

I didnĀ“t notice jack shit when i tried it out a few weeks ago. Better to just save it for the cutting.

not who you guys are arguing with but
bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaas-the-many-benefits-of-amino-acids.html
biolayne.com/coaching/faq/part-e-bcaa/
yes, there definitely is.
its useful in theory but i personally dont feel like it does much as an intra. i prefer using bcaas as a small post-workout drink and between meals.
BCAA is protein that is metabolized instantly and goes straight into your bloodstream, unlike any regular protein. this has many different benefits. read the links above
fish oil only has proven benefits if youre not Veeky Forums. that is, if your ldl or triglycerides are high it will help them. but its relatively cheap so you can just play it safe and take it
its not like you notice the protein synthesis from a regular meal in any way either.

Maximum shilling

great argument m8

Does supplementation of BCAA's affect glucagon levels when fasting?

It breaks your fast , if that's what you're asking
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPg76sleXv0

People who use it for """fasted""" training literally might as well drink whey

Yeah that mostly answers my question, thanks for the link.

Basically glucagon is the opposite hormone of insulin. Insulin encourages storage of glucose, while glucagon encourages using up glycogen in the liver and promotes gluconeogenesis. These two hormones are released depending upon your blood glucose levels, which are lower when you are fasting.

>Do BCAA's really help prevent muscle atrophy on a cut or are they a meme invented by shills Veeky Forums?

what are the three aminos in BCAAs and what do they do? Leucine should give you a clue you thick, lazy cunt

The reason, I think, they are thought to be better than the other AAs for cutting is because their metabolism cannot make glucose in humans, so they won't spike insulin, which prevents lipolysis.

Never done any looking into papers about this stuff, but I'd bet the effects are non-existent or negligible, if you control with equal amounts of glucogenic AAs.

Broscience

>It breaks your fast , if that's what you're asking
But it doesn't spike bloodsugar levels, which means a lot of the same effects during fasting remain in effect, until you consume something that can be turned into blood glucose

>Is there any science to actually back this up
No
>yes, there is. look it up yourself.
No, there isn't. Pretty much every meal-timing study ever has shown that the effect is negligible for everyday people.
o