How the fuck does facebook know my friends?

How the fuck does facebook know my friends?

I just moved to a different country (Australia) and I wanted to start completely fresh. I created a new account with a new email and new name, logged in... and boom. Friend recommendations: literally everybody from my old country. Even people I've never spoken to or added on my earlier facebook before but I've seen them around school and only now recognise them again. How the fuck does this happen?

Footprints

HOW is this Veeky Forums-related?

Using the same computer, phone, phone number or pictures?

Cookie's ?

Facebook knows more about you than you can possibly imagine.

Not even, this is a new computer I got in Australia. Same phone, but now with an Australian phone number. Didn't even get a chance to put any pictures yet. Creepy

What state faget?

Did u factory reset your phone when u came to Australia? Might have cookies on it like the user above mentioned

I had the same shit happen, I have this friend that I've only talked to on steam and on the phone, but I never had the facebook app or browsed the internet on my phone. He just magically showed up in my suggested friends list one day even though we have no connections otherwise or any friends in common. Fucking spyware shit man.

Secondary and tertiary lookups.

Did you input your real name and where you're from? That's it. National catalogues were searched, a graph was created with people from your town, said graph is your possible connections. Facebook doesn't only use Facebook resources to search for relevancy. In a social media, connection suggestions are one of the BIGGEST features, one that usually has tons of work put into. No wonder it works well

It's not scary, it's maths.

Oh fuck, okay so can any user explain this?

NSW
I did not. I guess I'll have to assume this was it. Damn

Wow poor taste

This.

This this correct.

Underrated

Big Brother is watching you, brother

I frequently get friend suggestions for tinder matches of whom I've gotten their numbers

Because your name and your surroudings are linked in a database.

If you used your real name that stuff just gets recalled.

>having Facebook in the current year

>Same phone

Chances are they went through the contacts on your phone, sent them to the facebook mothership, and compared them to other members' info.

Did you use the same email address?

Facebook harvests anything and everything from your associated numbers and accounts.

They spend hundreds of millions developing systems to get you "connected" to your friends.

Welcome to the Matrix, fuccboi.