How would you rank countries in WW2 in regards to committing war crimes?

How would you rank countries in WW2 in regards to committing war crimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yekatit_12
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo–NKVD_conferences
mediafire.com/file/612mfdus8797u56/furr_katyn_preprint_0813.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_war_crimes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_deportations_from_Estonia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_battalions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD_prisoner_massacres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmyk_deportations_of_1943
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_of_the_Crimean_Tatars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_(1944–50)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany#Soviet_Military
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_Poland_(1944–1947)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Operation_of_the_NKVD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. Korean

Fuck off wumao

Soviets, Nazis, Japanese, British, US of A

Nazi Germany
Japan
Soviet
The rest didn’t do much wrong

Germany
Soviet Union
Japan
British Empire
USA
Italy
France
Finland

Nazi Germany, Italy, Stalinist USSR, Japanese, USA, pretty much everybody else.

>Italy above USSR
>ITALY above JAPAN
>LITERALLY ANYONE ABOVE JAPAN

Wtf did Italy do?

Typical Axis stuff in Ethiopia
What did Finland do?

Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, and the USA to an extent.
>Finland

Nothing that I'm aware of hence bottom.

It shouldn't be on the list if it didn't do anything, because a bunch of other innocent countries aren't

Nigger I don't give a fuck what you think. It's on the damn list.

>What did Finland do?
Killed Soviet pow's, gave some over to Germany which then killed a lot of them.

Military - Industrial Genocide tier
>Germany
>USA
>UK

Righteous retribution tier:
>Soviet Union

Autistic killing spree tier:
>Japan
>Croats
Self defense murder spree tier:
>Finland
Filthy no style or sense murder tier:
>Ukrainians
Colored soldiers getting free hand tier:
>Brazil
>France

Did nothing wrong tier:
>Poland
>Italy
>Hungary

>Italy
>Did nothing wrong
Luigi, I hate to break it to you...

(Also, USA should be in the righteous tier if USSR is)

>industrial genocide
>industrial
What's with commies using this meme word when it comes to genocides?

>Luigi, I hate to break it to you...
I will listen, tell me more about Italian genocide.

>(Also, USA should be in the righteous tier if USSR is)
Not really.
Germany invaded USSR and slaughter its citizen, raped womens, starved POWs and burned country.
On the other hand USA soil never been invaded by Germany but USA still bombed them, starved their citizens and POWs.

I'd probably place USA in "did we really even do anything for majority of the war?"-tier.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yekatit_12
Could I get a source on America starving citizens and POWs?

Well its not 2nd WW.
>Could I get a source on America starving citizens and POWs?
Of course .................................... not.
Where do you think you are.

In order:

>Nazi Germany
>Japan
>Soviet Union
>USA
>British
>Italy
>France

>Righteous retribution tier:
So you think USSE joined the war in 1941 and that there were no countries on their way to Germany?

*USSR

^^This^^

>Barbarian Demon Tier
-Germany & Japan

>Evil Tier
-USSR
-Romania
-Croatia
-Government of National Salvation
-UPA
-Hungary
-Slovakia

>Brutal But Fair Tier
-Italy
-JNA
-Chetniks
-China
-Bulgaria
-Finland
-Spanish
-Vietminh
-Albanian Partisans
-Thailand
-Iraq
-Iran
-Azad Hind

>Dirty Dirty Collaborators Tier
-Vichy France
-Manchukuo
-Liang Hongzhi and the RG-ROC
-Ba Maw
-Norodom Sihanouk
-Quisling
-José P. Laurel and the Filipino 2nd Republic
-Hellenic State
-Mehdi Frashëri
-Andrey Vlasov and the ROA
-All foreign SS

>Benevolent Tier
-USA
-British Commonwealth
-Free France
-AK/Poland
-Greece
-Norway
-Denmark
-Netherlands
-Belgium
-Luxembourg
-Romanian Royalists
-Czech Resistance
-Filipino Resistance
-Ethiopia

Seems like the only country missing from that collection are the Brits.

I simply consider Germany, USSR and Japan to be equally bad and brutal. If I had to rank them then by what criteria? Just numbers of people killed, number of invaded countries or brutality of common soldiers?

t. Schlomo Chang

>

Norway did pretty shitty thing to German PoWs and mixed children after war

Before they were just drunken rapist and utterly incompetent tier.

They were exchanging experience with Germany but in the end NKVD remained better at torturing people. Elimination programs in the years 1939-41 resembled those in Germany.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo–NKVD_conferences

They were not at war.
Anyway can you check this one?

mediafire.com/file/612mfdus8797u56/furr_katyn_preprint_0813.pdf

Oh not much, just gassing the Ethiopian population, several massacres and concentration camps.
Not that hard to find either
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_war_crimes

The usual propaganda order with anglo white knights.
>Fire bombing the civiliam population and nuking them was a necessity, Concentration camps aren't bad when we do it, because we are the good guys

You can't really compare the US concentration camps to the Nazi ones purging the jews, unhealthy and other "undesirables".

They also treated people like shit. 56% mortality rate for Soviet POWs must be a record.

there wasnt such a thing as US concentration camps, but they should have

No you can't, but having them is in the way of being a white knight. Also Rheinwiesenlager. Also Dachau and Malmedy massacre plus rapes. Operation Teardrop. Helping with Britain's war efforts before they were a war party

>Soviet POWs
>People
Pick one.

>What's with commies using this meme word when it comes to genocides?
The industrial scale is what sets the holocaust apart from other genocides.
You can have shitty conditions, neglect, mass killings, plagues and whatnot. All of these are the norm throughout history. The shoa took it to a new level though, it industrialized killing

no such thing as war crimes

Question is whether the Holocaust is real or not

>Malmedy massacre
>The Malmedy massacre (1944) was a war crime in which 84 American prisoners of war were killed by their German captors near Malmedy, Belgium, during World War II.
?

Of the five powers.

Germany
Japan
USSR
USA
UK

Croats and Ukrainians were really happy to help with extermination of Jews, apparently they were also exceptionally cruel to Serbs (Croats) and Poles (Ukrainians).

Only a small percentage user, at east in the case of Ukraine.
4.5m Ukrainians joined the Red army during the war. After they had been invaded by the krauts.

...you mean, besides winning it?

>USSR above Japan and USA
???????????????????
Literally what? Have you ever seen american concentration camps for german soldiers? Americans commited far more rapes than soviets and generally acted more violently towards civilians.
Literally american propaganda at work
btw
Nazis
Japan
USA
Italy
USSR
and everyone else

why is (((Veeky Forums))) so cucked? are you just trying to be contrarian against /pol/?

Zdravstvuyte, Ivan.

>at east in the case of Ukraine.
Halych is on the west.

t. NKVD internet defense force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_deportations_from_Estonia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_battalions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD_prisoner_massacres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmyk_deportations_of_1943
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_of_the_Crimean_Tatars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_(1944–50)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany#Soviet_Military
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_Poland_(1944–1947)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

just a typo of "least" user
my L is fucked up

false flag

>shows me american propaganda that never happened
wow are you by chance retarded?

USSR: Mass murder of civilians and the murder of 14.5M Soviet soldiers, most of whom were thought of as merely cannon fodder by Stalin, a soulless aggressor who allied with the Nazis and then switched sides to facilitate his murders.

Chinese: Commie or Nationalist, both slaughtered and starved at will.

Nazis: Aggressor along with Stalin, cared not for human life.

UK: Bengali famine just one of their many crimes, putting them above the Japanese as war criminals.

Japan: Aggressor nation, brutal, but body count nowhere near the above nations.

Damn man u angry boi?

France? What did france do?

>USSR: Mass murder of civilians and the murder of 14.5M Soviet soldiers

Burger education everyone

>Did nothing wrong tier:
>>Poland
what about danzing massacre which force hitler hand

>USSR: Mass murder of civilians and the murder of 14.5M Soviet soldiers, most of whom were thought of as merely cannon fodder by Stalin

Germany
Japan
Soviets
power-gap
Western Allies (if you count Strategic Bombing as a war crime - which I don't personally)

UPA >>>>>> Nazis > Soviets > Lithuanians > Slovaks

t. Pole

Finland assisted the germans in the holocaust. You did not know this?

lol

>killing defenseless women and children is manly and uncucked

you did not need to clarify, even mentioning UPA immediately screams butthurt pole is behind this post.

1. Soviet Union
2. Japan
3. Germany
4. US
5. Britain

samefag

Wtf did Romania ever do you cunt?

>1. Soviet Union
Factually wrong. The biggest Soviet crime (in terms of numbers) was holodomor and that happened before the war.

The holocaust was technically not a war crime despite common belief so both the soviets and the japs were worse than the germans

So am I supposed to laugh because this article ignores the Swianiewicz account, Kalinin's order, Belarussian and Ukrainian list, the fact that unlike people killed in Volodymyr-Volynskyi they were killed in the spring of 1940 when the Soviets were in control of these lands not in late 1941, the fact that more people were actually awaiting their execution but were released because of the Sikorski-Majski agreement, the fact that the victims like gen Haller were captured by the Red Army etc.
As if it was the biggest anti-Polish crime of the Soviet Union.
Putin tries to cover up everything but there are good Russian historians who are honest and decent.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Operation_of_the_NKVD

German crimes on the eastern front puts the japs to shame
>b-but muh Unit 731
not a war crime

ackhually WW2 didn't start until 1939 so nanking doesn't count either. looks like the judeo-bolsheviks were the one true evil of the war.

NOTHING beats the rape of nanking

Is that a giant hole in her right thigh?

The japs did plenty of bad shit after 39 too

Do people actually find these amusing?

1. Nazi Germany
2. Soviet Russia
3. Imperial Japan

I forgot that it was technically a part of the Second Chinese-Japanese War. In that case I think the list should go like this.
1. Germany
2. USSR
3. Japan

Unless we're talking about soldiers' cruelty then USSR-Japan-Germany.

But Germany ONLY because of the shit they were doing while they were being pushed back by the Soviets when they accelerated the killing programs and such. Not that the Soviet regime as a whole was something morally better but during that particular period 39-45 they didn't have that many opportunities.

NOTHING beats the soviet advance into germany. 2 million german women were raped. and before you say it was justified because they were the aggressors, which is bullshit itself, they did the same thing to poles and jews and finns and others.

Japs known for many instances of cannibalism of pows. They would slice half an ass off of a living pow, cook it up, but keep the prisoner alive so that the meat stayed fresh for future use.

Literally the only thing Finns did in respect to that was hand Germans some Estonians that had fled to Finland from German occupied Estonia. Finnish Jews remained as they were and continued fighting for Finland alongside Germans.

Pretty much. Most family stories here say that the Soviets were the biggest evil force on these lands by a longshot.

>contrarian against /pol/

>2 million German women
Made up number.
>poles and jews and finns and others
Pro tip: they also killed and raped civilians. Maybe not on the same scale, but there are definitely stories about that. There are of course also stories about Germans raping women.

Official Jewish batallion even received an award from Hitler which they refused to accept.
Finns were among the elite club of the basest nations during WWII (none of the big 6 countries are admitted).

Only because of the number. Similar things happened during pogroms, Volhynia massacre, in Jasenovac.
>Timothy Snyder describes the murders: "Ukrainian partisans burned homes, shot or forced back inside those who tried to flee, and used sickles and pitchforks to kill those they captured outside. In some cases, beheaded, crucified, dismembered, or disemboweled bodies were displayed, in order to encourage remaining Poles to flee".[52] A similar account has been presented by Niall Ferguson, who wrote: "Whole villages were wiped out, men beaten to death, women raped and mutilated, babies bayoneted."

I was aware of Ferguson's account but I'm still surprised that something so far away from Britain was acknowledged by him.
The descriptions of the killings are among the most brutal of the war. They can only be compared to those in the Pacific.

1. Germany
2. Japan.
3. Soviet Union

Mr. Bacque misread (I'll leave to you whether it was deliberate or not) the documents he based his conclusions on and then coaxed a half-blind old man into confirming his reading. What’s utterly absurd is the notion that about one million or more German POWs could have died in US prison camps without such catastrophe leaving a distinguishable mark in German oral history (while there’s little if anything about this subject, there’s a lot about the horrors of Soviet captivity in the gulags), in the records of German state administration (which in the 1950s went out of its way to establish the fate of prisoners of war in Allied hands) and in the works of German historians, including Rüdiger Overmans and Paul Carell, who have written extensively about the fate of German POWs in Allied hands. Paul Carell, a former Nazi propagandist by the name of Paul Karl Schmidt, whose works about the war are dedicated to glorifying the German soldier, would have been the first to decry a crime of such magnitude if there had been any evidence that it occurred instead of leaving it to a Canadian fiction author to do so in the 1990s.

After the publication of Bacque's book, a panel of historians gathered for a symposium in the Eisenhower Center for American Studies at the University of New Orleans from December 7–8, 1990 to review Bacque's work. The historians concluded that the work:

- misuses and misreads documents
- ignores contrary evidence
- made no attempt to see the evidence he has gathered in relation to the broader situation
- puts words into the mouths of the subjects of his oral history