The Deadliest battles in the history of the US military

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_with_most_United_States_military_fatalities

This is a subject that deserves more attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why? They're all pretty small numbers in the grand scheme of things.

America is the most powerful nation on earth by far. Thereby the battles that had the most effect on it matter.

If you want to look for battles with most effect on Clapstanistan their independence war would be a better starting point desu senpai.

Interesting how most of them are against Germany in one form or another.

Far too little is known about the fighting for Hurtgenwald

Hell, even the worst numbers are a joke if you look at the deathcounts of real battles..

46,000 Americans died at Gettysburg but that's not on the list wtf

This is the primary reason why I constantly post G*rm hate.

Daily reminder that those from WW2 were fought against 14 year olds and pensioners

Of all of America's foreign enemies, only Germany really stood equal in the conventional sense.

The USSR too had it gone hot.

So this is not counting Confederacy casualties? Would have expected Gettysburg near the top

OC

>muh K-D ratio

They buried it. Bradley was the designated good guy, and couldn't have that on his record. Horrible fate for the battered guys they pulled out of the Hurtgenwald. They were sent off to the Ardennes to "rest", shortly before Watch on the Rhine commenced.

>This is a subject that deserves more attention.
Don't mind me, just posting battles that actually mattered

Daily reminder that you are a faggot.

Nice

You are an idiot.

>This is a subject that deserves more attention.
Given the figures I don't see how it deserves any attention at all...

Gettysburg is on there tard

No you’re just trying to derail a thread for no reason, you absolute faggot.

You burgers seems to be trying to top your war injury count with your peacetime casualty rate every year. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

>2017
>still talking about "gun violence" instead of just violence
>implying it matters to the victim how they got niggered

All the battles listed in OP's shitty phone link combined don't even reach that body count...

>America is the most powerful nation on earth by far

hahaha vietnam memes give my life meaning

American land battles and their casualties are insignificant compared to the guys pulling the real weight

oops

And? The thread is about American battles? Why are you derailing it?

But we’re not talking about those battles. If you want to discuss them go make a thread for them. This really isn’t that complicated.

Axis team need more players

Because Euros can't stop being mad that more of us didn't die in their retarded wars.

>another emotional burger

That's blatantly false though. Most Volkssturm units immediately surrendered or were destroyed.

>....what is Hurtgen Forest

We compare facts. No need to get mad.

Face it, American land battles are mostly a joke. Stuff like Midway and Guadalcanal are where it's at.
Navy and airforce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> foot sloggers

I don't know. On Iwo Jima nearly 7,000 Americans were killed on an area of 7 square miles

7.000 over 110.000, while 18.000 Japanese over 21.000 died in this area. It's more a Japanese story imo.

*8 square miles
So because a lot more Japanese died it can't be considered a battle on par with those of other nations?

From a statistical point of view it's far more impressive on the Japanese side. Not saying it was a cakewalk for the Marines though, but 95% of them survived.

>x is cooler than y so you can never talk about y
Fuck off dude

Not an arguement

Meant for

This painting was made by a Marine artist on Pelileu, which was proportionately the bloodiest US battle in the Pacific war.

Other island battles had more total casualties, but Pelileu killed and wounded the highest percentage of American troops involved, with the 1st Marine Regiment suffering 70% casualties. The cruel irony is that the strategic value of the island turned out to be minimal.

Peleliu was a total nightmare for everyone

What's significant about retards killing each other to no effective (or even observable) end? It's amazing how retarded bongs and krauts truly are, although the frogs are nearly as bad. Maybe it might have been simpler to just shoot these poor bastards in their villages and declare a draw.

Fucking europoors I tell you.

fucking MacArthur at it again

>Other island battles had more total casualties, but Pelileu killed and wounded the highest percentage of American troops involved, with the 1st Marine Regiment suffering 70% casualties. The cruel irony is that the strategic value of the island turned out to be minimal.

Neat skirmishes

/thread

Nippon done good at Peleliu

First Volkstrum units left on their own devices surrendered. This mistake was quickly rectified when Heer units would break up Volkstrum units into their units.

Second, the 14 year old and pensioners is just a flippant way Ivan's use to describe the troops in the west facing the Allies. The Wehrmacht stripped the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine of much of their auxiliary and support units, overnight creating 79 new divisions, which were supplemented by lowering the conscription age to 17 and raising it to the 50's. Volksgrenadiers were a professional military force, and when given properly experienced leadership from older Heer units, were tough as fuck.

>fucking MacArthur at it again
Macarthur wasn't involved in Pelileu, you incredible retard.

I would think it's Antietam in terms of the bloodiest.

In one day sure

"The most epic battles" are a very boring to me. I like the aesthetics and explosions as much as the next guy, but the close you look, the less interesting things become. It turns into the most autistic and confusing mess that you can find in historiography. Military history is the most autistic and least interesting type of history. I was pretty surprised myself when I recognized that. You really don't learn anything, it's all numbers and tedium and designations. Or maybe the author I tried was a retard, but I don't think so.

I think military history gets better, the further it goes from battle minutia. Economic history and social history are where it's at.

Well of course. Who else did you think it would be?

This. The most interesting battles are the newest ones, where combatants had to adapt to new technology, and often fought a foe magnitudes more stronger/weaker than itself with vastly differing objectives. Military history as a whole is pretty much the anime of historical studies.

That's 1.56 lives per battlefield acre. Let's ratem that way.

>Autism: the post
BTW, most explosives in actual historical warfare don't look like Michael Bay

We'll it was actually 8 sq miles

>USMC/US Army casualties: 2,336 KIA, 8,450 WIA
>IJA casualties: 10,695 KIA, only 19 Soldiers captured

Apparently whatever air power and Napalm couldn't kill, the Marines and Soldiers had to go in themselves and shoot, tear and burn every little Nip out of their holes