Daily reminder that the British Empire was as equally oppressive and violent as the regimes of Joseph Stalin...

Daily reminder that the British Empire was as equally oppressive and violent as the regimes of Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong and all other European colonial empires.

crimesofbritain.com/

Not true
t. Non anglo commonwelth

boy i wonder who could be behind this post

Yes, but they also left a working infrastructure, economy, and legal system.

Y'know, unlike any of those other dudes.

This is the history board, surely we are all already aware of the horrors of british imperialism.

Ok. But seriously though if the brits committed mass atrocities in your country then you are either a restless nigger or some other retarded native. They brought cash, architecture and governing system in mine and when it was time to revolt we blew up their shit and they barely responded.

Why do they all hate Dolph Lundgren? Is it because he beat Skeletor?

Well yeah I mean, Frank Langella was a treasure. He fucking killed it in that role and Lundgren is just a mumbling retard

bump

>Britain continues to occupy the northeast corner of Ireland.
ha

no one gives a shit as long as you dont do bad stuff to white people

Stalin and Mao left their countries economies in much better shape than they were to begin with. Meanwhile, the Indian economy under British did not grow at all from 1820s.

>Mao left their countries economies in much better shape than they were to begin with

Please visit Nigeria and report back...

You are wrong.

If you're a native american/australian I can understand, but I still don't really get the push to cast anglo/euro imperialism (outside of the Free Congo State) as an extinction-level event for every nation it touched instead of, well, the standard exploitation and subjugation of most other empires performed with guns instead of swords.

And?

We're still the good guys.

>If we kill all the poor people, we will all be rich!

It's the easiest target. Any of the others requires opening a book or wiki page.

I pretty sure the Nigeriand did that themselves

Yeah I remember that time when the British Empire rounded up millions of different minorities and had them all liquidated...
I also remember the time they instituted an intentional famine to kill off tens of millions of people... I also remember when they lead purges in their own government and military agains tens of thousands of British citizens....

>equally oppressive and violent as the regimes

Hey, they lost everything, let them have their colonial amusement park. They need a place where they can shoot people.

>Implying anyone wants northern Ireland

all justified for anglo qts

>I also remember the time they instituted an intentional famine to kill off tens of millions of people...

The rest are a meme yeah but this one kinda did actually happen

The famine thing happened tho

>Bengal Famine was intentional and killed nearly as many people as the Holodomor
"No!"

>anglo qts
oymoron

>I also remember the time they instituted an intentional famine to kill off tens of millions of people
>what is ireland
>what is benghal

I think he means the tato famine

>killed as many as the holodomor
Didn’t say that, nice straw man. Maybe if you add up the Irish and the Indian famines you’ll come close though. And nice what aboutism.

Intentionally prohibiting the help of other countries, refusing to divert food to them, 1.5 to 4 million victims and Churchill goes "Why isn't Ghandi dead yet?" No biggie really. Just another day in the Empire

The Bengal famine of 1770 took up to 10 million lives. Every third dead. Britain is iterally Pol Pot tier.

>Non anglo commonwelth
Polish-Lithuanian?

How is that famine the Brits fault? Do they control the weather like gods?

As in part of the British commonwealth but not an Anglo (not US, Canada, AUS, NZ)

Suck it, nerds.

By forcing the locals to plant indigo for dyes and opium for trading instead of planting their usual crops.
>we dindu nuffin

It’s generally the governments job to address famine. The British did nothing but make it worse.

>By forcing the locals to plant indigo for dyes and opium for trading instead of planting their usual crops.
Sounds like a load of bullshit. Farming doesn't exactly work like that. Neither does society for that matter.
>STAHP GETTIN IN OUR BUSSINESS U IMPERLIZT
>OH NOZE A FAMINZE GIBS MONIES

Just read the fucking wiki article at the very least.
>The Great Bengal Famine of 1770 (Bengali: ৭৬-এর মন্বন্তর, Chhiattōrer monnōntór; lit The Famine of '76) was a famine between 1769 and 1773 (1176 to 1180 in the Bengali calendar) that affected the lower Gangetic plain of India from Bihar to the Bengal region. The famine is estimated to have caused the deaths of up to 10 million people.[3] Warren Hastings's 1772 report estimated that a third of the population in the affected region starved to death.[4]

The famine is one of the many famines and famine-triggered epidemics that devastated the Indian subcontinent during the 18th and 19th century.[5][6][7] It is usually attributed to a combination of reasons and the policies of the British East India Company. In The Medieval History Journal Vinita Damodaran cites Mike Davies who argues that colonized territories, such as India and Ireland, were used as experiments to understand the impacts of free market economics. The results were famine and devastation for the people.[8] The start of the famine has been attributed to a failed monsoon in 1769 that caused widespread drought and two consecutive failed rice crops.[4] The poor infrastructure investments in pre-British period, devastation from war, and exploitative tax revenue maximization policies of the British East India Company after 1765 crippled the economic resources of the rural population.[4][9] Nobel prize winning Indian economist Amartya Sen describes it as a man-made famine, noting that no previous famine had occurred in Bengal that century.

>>OH NOZE A FAMINZE GIBS MONIES
In 12 famines over 50 million people died. An effective disaster relief happened ONCE for the Bihar famine of 1873–74