So I had a nice conversation today with some people at work

So I had a nice conversation today with some people at work.

My coworkers are all lardshits with a BMI of 30-40%+ and are the furthest thing from knowledgeable on the subject of weight loss but were so adamant on there point that I'm actually doubting myself.

I claimed that if someone had a TDEE of 3k calories a day, a person could consume 2500 calories of fast food and STILL lose weight.

They told me that this scenario was retarded, and the person would gain weight.

My question : is there ANY scenario that consuming less than your TDEE would cause net weight gain.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_body/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah if you never took a shit

No. If you're eating less than your TDEE you absolutely positively will lose weight. You can't expend more energy than you're consuming without some net loss of mass. That's just thermodynamics. No two ways about it.

Your overall health, on the other hand, will probably take a hit if you're eating only 2500 calories of fast food every day. You'd lose weight but you'd feel like shit.

Could you eat shit food to hit calorie goals but just take multivitamins? Isn't that what Soylent basically is?

Op, you have to remember that your coworkers are Olympic level mental-gymnasts. There is nothing worse for them than facing the reality that their "struggle" with weight loss is the result of their own incompetence, thus they have to make up bullshit in order to not hate themselves.

Their is no scenario under the sun in which you can eat 500 calories less than you TDEE and not lose weight. You could be having an exclusively twinkie diet and you'd still lose weight.

Your coworkers will probably try to persuade you that they "tried" doing it and they still gained weight. This is because their "trying" is pretty much eating 7k calories of healthy food, or not counting calories and mentally judging how much they ate, or they simply suck at basic math/have a few too many cheat meals.

TL;DR You were right, ignore the lards of shit.

Yep. As long as all your nutritional needs are met (including micronutrients), you should be good. I wouldn't recommend it, though. Part of it is psychological. You can have all your needs met and still not feel satiated with what you've eaten. Like if you eat 2000 calories of ice cream, you've met your calorie needs and can take a multivitamin to fill in the gaps, but you'll be hungry all day, and feeling constant, powerful hunger will cause you to eventually fuck up and overeat.

Make sure you're eating foods rich in protein and fiber. Fiber adds bulk so the total volume of food will be higher and protein (along with fat, but fat has 5 more calories per gram than protein) contributes greatly to the feeling of fullness after a meal, so you won't be tempted to overeat.

yes. but the shit food will have an adverse effect on your health in the long term. You could probably try to balance your carbs and protein ratio and be OK.

There was actually a professor who did eat just shitty snack cakes and a multivitamin and lost like 30 pounds in a couple months.

cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

maybe not immediately or lose weight every single day but you will over time.

By definition TDEE is how many calories you burn a day. That takes into account metabolism and all that shit. Eating less categorically means that you must break down body structures for energy which will 100% mean you are going to lose weight over time

Yeah I don't eat super shit, usually what ever we have available
>tfw live with parents
But can usually count on having rice, and some form of protein (beef or chicken usually). Not much veg sadly, but when i can i'll pick up bags of frozen veg.
Considering buying some multi vits, sleep has been pretty shit lately.

They're totally accurate, but your overall health could be shit. You'll never be able to trust a fart again

Eating healthier foods requires at least a little bit equivalent to standing up, these people you're talking to have also probably gotten all their info from their family who either tells them to starve to lose weight or just be fat.

bit of effort*

OP here... thanks guys.

Appreciate the words. I hate questioning things I know to be true, but I suppose that's not a bad thing.

This. Make sure you're getting some protein with every meal, and eat lots of veggies in order to fill your stomach and prevent hunger.

>sleep has been pretty shit lately.
Try some ZMA, it helps.

i worked labor jobs when i was younger and had mcdonalds for lunch and dinner 5 days a week. i started off as a fat fuck and dropped 60lbs in a year. nothing rustles me more than a fatty refusing to believe that calories in = calories out.

> multivitamins

good goyim

If you're trying to make your bulk be all fat and your cut be all muscle, go right ahead...

1. TDEE is affected by what you eat

2. unhealthy food makes you less full per calorie

3. Though you can't gain weight eating under TDEE, you can lose weight eating a surplus. NOT ALL CALORIES EATEN ARE ABSORBED

>NOT ALL CALORIES EATEN ARE ABSORBED
This is true, but that only makes you put on less weight than cico predicts. Calories still can't materialize out of thin air.

All your points are correct, but people tend to give 3 a lot more credit than it's due. Unless you barely chew your food, you eat a ton of it all at once, and very, very few of your calories are from carbs (which are absorbed about as quickly as your average joe can conceivably eat them), your number of calories eaten will be almost exactly identical to calories absorbed. No, it's not perfect, but for the overwhelming majority of cases, it's not something worth even considering.

Point 1 is one that tends to be overlooked, so thanks for bringing that up. Your metabolism (and by extension, TDEE) will be lowered if you eat significantly less calories than you need. Not just because fat loss inherently lowers TDEE, but your body will actually slow things down if it senses resources are scarce. That's why you feel so lethargic if you haven't been eating enough. You'll still be losing weight, but eating at a slightly smaller deficit helps keep you from feeling tired all the time.

Multivitamins are shit.
hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_body/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

My skin and gums are a mess unless I get my vit C (smoker) and magnesium helps with post work-out cramping. My retard vegan cousin relies on B12 and 6 supps in order not to die.