Progress thread

Progress thread? PROGRESS THREAD

1.5 months between these photos. 200lbs => 215 lbs. I haven't really made gains in the abs, my arms are much bigger when flexed, also my delts.

I added about 80 lbs to my squat because noob gains on SS. Never lifted seriously before.

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/diet-and-weight-loss/calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i honestly can't tell which is your before pic and which is your after pic

Ay just keep going it. It takes a while to start seeing real results. But keep it up.

I know. It isn't much. But my lifts are all 50 lbs heavier. Legs much bigger. These are natty gains for you. And mediocre lighting. Will try to get better after pic. My shoulders are much wider after. I can't believe I thought getting above 200 lbs was hard, I was practically a skelly.

Nigga its the same pic

Great job on the hair cut but I don't see how that fits into a fitness board

your face goes from moderately attractive to borderline downie from the left pic to right pic. IDK what it is but you look retarded in the second pic.

>200 to 215
>bulking when you're already this fat

Be careful with your bulk brah, shit can get out of hand pretty quick and before you know it you're setting yourself up on a 6 month cut to get lean again.

You will never look this good senpai sorry

Your face improved a lot. Keep going.

>haven't made gains in the abs
you don't make ab gains until you cut famalam.

>gains 15lbs
>haven't mad much gains in the abs
You don't say...

Delete goatscruff for instant improvement.

believe it or not my face actually looks similar to yours so I tell you this as a favor and not an insult.

IDK I just don't like that cut. I am pretty sure most anons will agree.

How long did that fucking take because I was no where near that fat but my loose skin around my stomach is just awful. ;_;

OP here just thought I'd clarify that although it doesn't look much different, my arms are probably an inch bigger but not shown in the pic. Feeling better than ever. Less bad feels man. Really filled out my frame, hit a growth spurt like Rippetoe said I would if I just drank enough milk. Lifts are stalling a little, my squat was 225 working and is now around 300lb tomorrow, but it's doable. Bench is up from 160 working to 205. Deadlift I haven't improved on as much because of a grip issue, still figuring out the hook grip. Can do 5x360 now, previous was 5x315.

I was out in the rain today at a football game famerino. It looks better I swear...

>red face
>shitty facial hair
>double chin
Lmao sure thing famalam.

aren't before and after pics supposed to be left to right?

3 years liftan. Pretty slow progress, have dealt with injuries and illness a lot. I want to hit 260 or so by next spring.

Weight in the first picture was 165 lbs, I'm 245 now. Height is the same.

Slowly but surely about 2 years.

What has your diet been looking like? Are you doing bulks then cuts and so on, or jsut trying to lean bulk all the way up to fill out your frame?

Im 6'7 too and want to know the best way to go about it. Started a few months ago as a 200lb skinnyfat

Jesus, is this what i can expect after 3 years of work? I thought in 3 years you can do a complete transformation.

You look bigger but that facial hair is terrible. Keep going. Shave that shit.

Oh yeah also routine and lifts?

>gain 80 lbs
>still spooky

I guess lanklet isn't just a meme. You probably look better IRL though because 6'7".

You can. He added his excuses in the post. Everybody goes at whatever pace they want. If you dedicate yourself with diet, sleep, and consistent workouts, you won't look anything like what you did 3 years before man.

Which is before

This. I looked dramatically different at the 2 year mark, but that's because I had the ability to lift 6 days a week and have had mostly spot on dieting the entire time + no significant injuries to hinder progress.

I was thinking of doing a weekly photo in the same location/pose to track progress, did you do anything like this? I'm worried im going to lose motivation, ive never seriously worked out before.

Gonna start my first bulk in a few months or so. Feels good gaining strength and losing all my fucking flab

I did (almost) exactly this. Here's the first year compilation I posted for Veeky Forums some time back.

247 to 167 in the pics. I'm 163 now, at about 14% BF. 5'11"

Man, that first month jump is really impressive, had you worked out previous to doing this or were you a complete noob? Your body type in that starting pic is very similar to where im at, gives me some hope.

No I had never worked out before, never played sports as a kid, wasted most of my 20's on /b/ and playing video games. Didn't start things up until I was 27, just turned 30 this month. Oldfag around these parts, but better late than never. Attached is 2.5 years later.

That's fucking impressive man, good job

Hella impressive for 9 months btw. I'm imagining substantial diet reform + cardio?

It's barely been 6 months since I started my journey, I guess I'll have to wait the 2 year mark. Seems to be the longest stretch.

I'm 28, you give me hope user, are you 100 percent natural?

Thanks!

Much appreciated. Great job on your progress, too! That's a big "yes" to the diet reform, but a "no" on the cardio. I actually haven't done any cardio since I started (kind of a little challenge to myself). I don't use caffeine at all, either. I do lift for about 1.5 hours every weekday, though.

How tall are you?
Also don't you roid?

Yep. 28 is a good time to start. Old enough to have the discipline you need to stick long term goals and understanding long term payoffs vs immediate gratification. Honestly hitting the gym for 6-10 hours a week isn't a big ask, that's less than a part time job. It's the dietary commitment and discipline that is 24/7/365 that causes more psychological stress imo.

Just an avg manlet @ 5'9, and I don't know where you got the roid impression but no.

I didn't know life without caffeine was possible. One of things I've always said I should try to kick, but eh. I don't drink alcohol, so maybe that's a fair tradeoff.

July 15 to today
202 lbs to 172 lbs

I don't have any problem with caffeine use, in general. However, I take creatine, and while there is debate over the validity of the studies indicating that caffeine counteracts the effects of creatine, I'd rather just play it safe and abstain from caffeine just in case!

he gained a lot of fat

Dude, how the fuck did you cut 20lb in a month? I'm at 185 and my goal is to get down to 165 by the end of the year.

Routine?
Supps?

that's not a double chin though lmao. a double chin is when you have a ton of fat underneath your chin, that guy has very little fat.

Lifts are 175 > 245 > 295 >335. Not huge numbers but I've never lifted for strength specifically. I've done every routine under the sun and I will tell you that diet and sleep are far more important than micromanaging your sets/reps Had most success with PPLPPLx but you may burn out lifting 6 days a week. Currently running PHUL with 2 days for running.

Pictures don't help taller blokes like me. I'll tell you that at my college gym I'm one of if not the biggest guy there, and top 5 on most lifts as well. When you have to look up just to see me the perspective changes a lot.

I wouldn't advise it, it was the first cut I ever did and it basically was a wasted month that should have been spent building muscle, seeing as I had zero muscle mass to display. But to answer your question, I ate 1,000 calories a day, hour of cardio every day + typical noob routine of crunches and pushups thinking I was gonna get ripped that way.

ABCABCX routine attached. Only staple daily supps are creatine, multivit, and fish oil. Go through phases with BCAA's + Beta Alanine, but don't have much faith in them desu.

Thanks mate. I'm just getting in to it at 23.
I'll never look as good as you due to loose skin, but mirin' hard.

Loose skin is the bane of a lot of us, user. ;_;

>1000kc/day

That makes sense. Sounds like a fucking horrid month to go through. I'm cutting to 1600 on rest days, 1950 on lift+bike days. Feeling tired with these kcals; couldn't imagine 1000kcal/day.

Actions of consequences friendo. No fault but our own for getting fat. I might try thermage once I get there.
Really don't want to do surgery.

I'll probably suck it up and get surgery if it's still as bad as it is after 2 years of being at my weight goal.
I'll be a degenerate and just get a tattoo over the scar.

I'm worried about possible problems arising. Like the skin being too tight and not being able to expand properly (during a bulk, building muscles).
I dunno. I'll see you in about 2 years myself and see if it's worth it.

I've been lifting for a year and a half and I would kill to look like that mediocre second pic instead of the sickly amorphous blob I am right now

Envious of your genetics if natural

this second pic I mean

Cutting during the first year is extremely difficult because you simply don't have a very high TDEE to begin with due to low muscle mass. Example, nowadays I can lose weight pretty quickly @ 2,200 calories a day because my maintenance is up to about 2700. Whereas when I first started, my maintenance was only 2,000 a day, meaning I'd have to dip down to 1,500 for a normal -500 deficit cut.

I obviously went super aggressive that first cut because I was impatient and wanted to see my abs for the first time in my life.

tldr - Cutting gets substantially and less restrictive feeling the longer you keep lifting.

ty

This is prob a dumb question, but how do you get bigger veins like that as well, does that just come with lifting in general?

I never thought of that.
Only time will tell. Best of luck!

Just keep the scar imo, last reminder of where you came from.

np user. As stupid as it sounds, food/eating has always been one of my biggest motivations for getting into all this. I have the appetite of a 250lb guy, so it's super easy for me to gain weight. If you run the math through a tdee calculator, you'll find that for each 10lbs of lean muscle you put on you can eat 150-200 more calories per day without gaining fat. Aesthetic benefits of adding muscle are obvious, but I've just always wanted to eat more. Win/win, amirite?

>246 lbs
>walked 12 miles today total
>took 3 hours
>talk to friends online, one is in the navy, I tell them I'm going to join the marines
>They laugh
>I'm serious, tell them I've lost 18 pounds already in about 3 weeks, how far I walk daily up and down hills, no flats.
>"Yeah but how far can you run"
>Not even a mile yet
>"Some people just aren't suited for it user."

I'm fucking pissed, should I just start running for 3 hours, just running as much as possible, wounded cramp walking, and then running more? I'm worried about fucking up my knees or hips since running actually kind of hurts afterwords, not in the same way that walking up hill is like tiring and I'm like "FUCK THIS SUCKS", but like I kind of hobble after I run right now, I've still been running a little bit though, like .4 miles every day at the begging and end of my walk.

Increased vascularity is the combined result of hypertrophy and low bodyfat. That's why you can see an annorexic person who may not have visible veins, yet a higher BF% powerlifter with bulging veins. Genetics are obviously part of it as well, but to a less degree than muscle mass or BF%.

Yeah, I understand that more muscle = more passive calorie expenditure, but the problem is that to gain muscle you necessarily need to gain at least little fat too. Since moving to the states I've put on 20lbs in what seems like solely fat. Fucking yank portion sizes man.

I'm keeping my protein intake up at ~160g/day, so I shouldn't lose much muscle while doing this cut, but desu, I don't fucking know, cutting is pretty alien to me. As long as I can see my abs again by the end of the year I'll be stoked, then I'll start bulking up again in '17.

If your aim is to lose fat, calorie restriction is going to have a far greater influence than walking or running. Cardio unarguably quickens the process, but check out this link from a recent harvard study showing the caloric burn of basically all types of exercise activity. The rate at which you can shave off 500-1000 calories daily via diet is far and beyond faster than almost any exercise. Ideally you combine both, burning 250-500 calories from exercise and another 500-1000 from diet (depending on just how overweight you are).

health.harvard.edu/diet-and-weight-loss/calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities

Don't run until you've cut a lot of weight. If you want to increase your aerobic endurance for when you are down near 200 and want to be able to get a good run straight away, hit a bike, row, step machine and do HIIT. People 'can' 'run' at your weight, sure, but the impact stress is pretty crazy. Go low stress high intensity.

Right now my goal is to just lose weight. I've been exercising at least an hour every day walking at a rate of 4 miles an hour. Which seems like a lot for my weight from what I've looked up. But I've been increasing the time as its become easier to do.

This is my end goal, fuck minimum requirements.

To earn a perfect PFT score of 300 points, a male must do 20 pull-ups, 100 crunches in less than two minutes, and complete the three mile run in 18 minutes or less.

I forgot to mention I've massively reduced my caloric intake. I've cut my dinner portions in half, and I have around 900 calories during the day. Mostly from milk and salted/cooked shelled sunflower seeds.

Just out of curiousity, both the pull-ups and crunches combined in

They are seperate I think.

what a garbage routine kek

SAME THREAD?

you're literally the same

y-you....you don't have squat or deadlift in your leg day routine

Good job, but slow the fuck down bro. Don't give yourself loose skin.

Did you mainly just constant lean bulk all the way to where you are or cutting and bulking cycles?

you look decent user, no need to defend yourself

checked
>still spooky
>fuk kek

dont run while you weigh this much since you will fuck your knees up. watch your diet, also swimming burns a lot more than running for 3 hours would. but ur gonna be hungry as fuck after you swim.

Left picture is literally the only picture i have of myself for the past like 7 years. The right being the first of my body i have taken almost like ever. Still fat as fuck. My heaviest i was about 240lbs at 5,10.

5,11.5/182~lbs. Is their any hope for my narrow as fuck shoulders and pitiful chest? Been lifting for about 4 months. Lost the weight over the course of a couple years running and dieting. Want to cut some more weight like 15-20lbs or something.

20 lbs down
40 more to go

some good progress especially your face user keep it up

besides the shitty hair you look no different apart from 1.5 months older

go kill yourself you dyle cunt

>dyle

>swimming burns a lot more than running for 3 hours would.

you are a fucking idiot as is everyone else who perpetuates this myth. Swimming has zero resistance and running burns a fuck load more

kill yourself you ill educated cunt

ROIDS
>ROIDS
ROIDS
>ROIDS
ROIDS
>ROIDS
ROIDS
>ROIDS
ROIDS
>ROIDS
ROIDS
>ROIDS
ROIDS
>ROIDS

Stop feeding the newfags bullshit.

If you faggots do this routine you will see no gains.

This motherfucker is more juiced than a virgin appletini.

BTFO

Testosterone at the least.

Stop trying to be a false-natty guru to the newfags, you are just slowing down their potential progress for 2 minutes of mirin.

Fucking faggot.

TEST
E
S
T

Do you take any steroids, sir?

how long u been on that routine?
what was your routine b4?
what are you eating at atm?
what is your height/weight?
pls answer

>Yep.
BULL FUCKING SHIT

The reason he answered just yep, is because he doesn't wanna have this argument.

You are on juice and you fucking know it.

Stop lying to the newfags.

you look like shit and youre on atleast 500mg/wk

hand it in.