The government has just appointed you health czar, and you must now solve the obesity epidemic

The government has just appointed you health czar, and you must now solve the obesity epidemic

What do you do?

Redefine the word

Tax fast food to the point where poor people can't afford it.

Impose world war 2 British style food rationing.

Start selling sub par farmed produce at cheaper prices as opposed to dumping it.

Legalize all p/h, 'roids, DNP, and change Big Pharma patents to only 1000 days.

>you know you love me.

Put them in labor camps, either they die of exhaustion or they starve long enough to be a healthy weight

Close all pop plants, ban sugar, require 1 hour a day on treadmills to receive food stamps, declare war on Latvia, only allow food stamps to purchase 1500 calories @ 60/20/20 per day, nuke Belarus, reinstate gym in all schools, develop a "Bob Ross" exercise show, and make white bread a criminal offense.

execute fatties

done

>inb4 /pol/

ITT

>people no longer get benefits for being fat
>fat people can no longer use mobility scooters in public areas
>fat people pay an extra tax at hospitals called the "inconvenience tax" for deliberately choosing a lifestyle that inconveniences medical staff
>plant government agents in various fields of work and community/social events with the sole intention of making nutritional knowledge a social norm and a socially cool thing to know about

suck off chads for being not obese

Found the fatty

Get rid of welfare.

Done.

Declaring war on Latvia is not Edgy. It is something that is long overdue.

This is the only answer. Will solve a lot of country's problems, not just the fatties one

Make the only power source of non-essential in home electrical devices like phones and computers a stationary bike or a treadmill.

I'd create a law that dictates fatties give 40% of their paychecks to the gubment. That money will go towards farms that are non gmo with animals that aren't injected with GH. To be on foodstamps you will have to be at a healthy bmi weight

Round up all of those with the subversive Ashkenazi gene, place them into work camps as my neighbours declare war on me. Declare war on Russia. Have my supply lines bombed and typhus run rampant, killing indiscriminately.

Lose the war and become a client state to a foreign entity. Import millions of marauding Arabs and tell my neighbouring countries to do so too or else. Crash my biggest bank and devalue the petro dollar to the point of non-existence. Continue to import millions of Arabs as people drop dead in cities due to starvation, my riot police and marauding Arabs.

Reminisce on my past endeavours and realise that if you fight an enemy for too long, you become him.

>Stop subsidizing corn
>Stop subsidizing fucking tobacco

Introduce fascism.
Everybody will be as fit as an Olympic athlete after three months infa 1488%

>health czar
>What do you do?
Use taxes to fund free public gymnasiums, including pools. As the romans once did, this will also create jobs.

Make swimming lessons mandatory for children, and introduce lessons on calories and nutrition in public education. Spend time teaching children facts and dispelling myths.

Then introduce a tax on products with high concentrations of fructose and sugar, making soda's and snacks more expensive.

Push for the legalisation of drugs and introduce licenses to sell it taxed and tackle it as a social problem.

Redefine the terms obese and overweight through bodyfat percentage and muscle percentage as opposed to B.M.I.

Eliminate welfare for the grossly obese. They can starve to death or get a job.

Introduce a license for the public to acquire fast food, limiting the amount of times they can buy to seven times a week.

Then mark and catalog overweight and obese citizens. Check their weight monthly. Those who do not lose weight, after a year are sent to a fat camp, where they are re-educated, dieted and forced to work out. Repeat every year.

Those who gain weight repeatedly after three years are brought to another kind of camp, where they are placed in a large bare pit... without food. Eventually, realising that they only food are the other obese in the room, they will have no choice but to cannibalise each other. This will be publicized on live television, as a warning for anyone who reaches three strikes in a row, and general amusement.

The last contestant will be provided brine and salt to ration his food, as new contestants will be brought in the next month. When no contestants are brought in, he will be sedated and lethally injected.

Finally, I'd introduce a separate tax band for fit individuals, providing monetary incentive to stay healthy.

Some people like the carrot and the stick, I like the cash or the suffer life or death cannibalism on live television.

>rationing food

You know this creates manlets, right?

You would truly be a hero as long as
>Check their weight monthly
was changed to annually. otherwise it's far too invasive.
The cannibalizing thing/fatty gladiator thing is far overboard though. If people choose to be fat and unhealthy, higher taxes should dissuade people from doing so. This is of course coupled with properly educating the populace regarding exercise, nutrition, food preparation and ensuring that exercise habits are formed at a young age.

You would also have to ensure that your typical office job had a change in structure.

Follow the teachings of JBW. Tax everyone 95% if they are over 15% bodyfat. If you have

>Tax everyone 95% if they are over 15% bodyfat. If you have

>You would also have to ensure that your typical office job had a change in structure.

That's going beyond tackling the obesity epidemic. But yeah;
shorter work days, longer breaks, better pay, a less sedentry lifestyle, work starting later in the day, school starting later etc etc. One of the reasons kids fidget so much in education is that they aren't exercising and have too much energy.

Checking their weight monthly is primarily because fatties are too lazy to do that themselves, but you're right, if they go to reeducation camps once a year, we can skip that.

I'm sure there are other thing's we can do like tackle mobility scooters, turn off all escalators, provide better healthcare for those who don't inconvenience the health service.

But I aint budgin on eliminating obesity by having them eat each other. It's recycling.

fat tax
no national insurance coverage for obesity related illnesses etc.
make them pay for 2 (or more) seats ... anywhere you might need to pay for seats
isolate them from other customers(like the smoking area in restraunts cept for fatasses) also segregate them on trains, i don't want to sit next to that smell for an hour after i finish work, they should be isolated to the end carriage at the back to make them walk and get some excessive
ban them from using escalators and elevators

ban the sale of stupidly large clothes in all retailers; except one, new special retail store that sells only supersized clothing and constantly plays tuba music

Basically just copy the "fat tax" that Japan already has IRL, also end all government subsidies on foods like corn

Next challenge: do the same thing, but without becoming a fascist dictator

Underfeeding is literally how you cure obesity. Are you stupid?

Nice b8 nigger.

single payer health care.

Fatties wana be fat. Pay for it yourselves or die.

Eliminating the corn subsidies would make shit food more expensive, and would be the least invasive way to aid the populace. Junk food becoming too affordable is what started this mess.

how do tobacco subsidies affect obesity rates?

All people with unhealthy body fat percentages will be given information, tools, resources to lose fat, they will be given very loose easy goals over periods of time, if they fail to meet these, they will have warnings, probation, then finally will be sent to a health camp.

Isn't tobacco (or nicotine) an appetite suppressant? If anything, IF weight loss is the ONLY goal, increase tobacco subsidies.

Then once everybody's a healthy weight, slowly cut back on those to drive tobacco prices back up, driving new users to hopefully quit and prevent a cancer epidemic.

In Australia so it's not TOO bad.
>sugar tax, soft drink shouldn't cost $1/L. MINIMUM $3.50/L for supermarkets, however allow Australian made products to be $3/L to allow competitive pricing from supermarket chains.

>Make PDHPE MANDATORY throughout ALL highschool, same as English. Knowing the theme behind Othello is not as important as knowing how calories work, raising awareness to diabetes, etc. Study this shit or remove yourself from the education system (which would take away benefits from poorer families, so the parents would make them stick in school or punishment would occur).

>Promote public shaming of obese people, make it as embarrassing as being a paedophile or rapist. Run weekly reports on the news such as 'Morbidly obese man-child spotted eating TWO Big Mac meals' and have a news crew film him eat. Put it into the minds of the masses it is not okay and you will be made an example of.

>Make it a criminal offence to be obese and not do anything about it. If you are under the age of 60 and found to be obese, you get issued a date to show up to fat court. At fat court you are put in front of a small team of nutritionists and weighed. You have three months to lose a reasonable amount of weight or you go to fat camp. If you blame genetics or anything of the sorts you are referred to a doctor. If you're found to be bullshiting 12 months imprisonment. You fail to show up to fat court 12 months imprisonment.

It would take ONE generation to half the obesity rate, and TWO to relieve the burden on the public healthcare system.

Just assign a person to govern smoking policies and be harsh and you'd have so much more money to spend on cool shit for the country.

>pic related, the direct product of my scheme (healthy fit girls)

>restrict the use of Internet to people under 250lbs.
>restrict access to any social media to those under 200lbs

the worst of the fatties either try and lose weight or we just don't see their garbage media. either way it's a win

a utopia the world will never see sadly

Zyklon B McDonalds.

>Become Health Czar
>What do you do?
Quite a fucking lot, actually.

>High taxes on products containing high amounts of fructose corn syrup and sugar
>Sugar itself be moderately taxed, it has purposes in cooking and sugar itself is not necessarily the problem
>Tax fast food corporations moderately high if they want a place in my country, as they "Bring potential hazards to society"
>Drugs are no longer criminalized and official establishments selling drugs will be taxed
>Rehab centers will be built as a result of the potential revenue to combat potential addicts
>Massive education reform, with programs that cater to certain children's interests, remodeling of infrastructure, and new roads from tax revenue on drugs
>Such programs would be broader programs alongside general education that is actually important, such as medical, fitness, carpentry, electrical and mechanical, etc.
>Fitness and nutrition/health will be taught alongside those programs the children would choose to be in, which are not mandatory but encouraged
>No welfare, period. Those who are too fat to work will be forced into losing weight via goverment fat camps serving healthy foods and having fun fitness activities. Any ex-fats out of camp and homeless individuals will be forced into a government job, example such as cleaning debris and trash from roads until they are able or willing to get a regular job themselves
>Failure to lose weight/comply with government will place them into a criminal housing unit for self-destructive behavior and they'll be under surveillance like a normal prison/jail, only the meals being healthy choices instead of prison gruel, and rehab center on-site for unruly homeless addicts
>Those who maintain good physical fitness will receive an incentive to keep it up with higher return on taxes each year
>ALL plus size, fat positivity propaganda will be banned for promoting negative views on health and public endangerment

TL;DR I'll legitimately make America great again.

>REV UP THOSE GAS CHAMBERS
although probably just set people on fire and live broadcast them burning alive
>"BETTER START BURNING THOSE CALORIES, FATTIES. BIG DADDY GUBMUNT IS FED UP WITH YOUR FAGGOT SHIT."
>first, everyone over 1000 pounds is publicly executed
>a year later, 900
>then 800
>then 700
>then 600
>then 500
>then impliment a system that requires anyone over 30% bodyfat to lose fat until under 30%bf, minimum of 4lb every month
>2lb if you have thyroid issues

I had a similar idea.

When fatties calim they can't lose weight and only eat [small number] of calories a day. We take them and put them in some form of isolation and feed them exactly the amount of calories they claimed.
If you do not lose weight. You win $100,000 and scientests get to study you.
If you do lose weight, congrats you're now not fat.

If they claim genetics, they go to a doctor, and if he proves them wrong there is some sort of penalty

set up fat camps that are mandatory to attend. forced exercise and diet. payed for by the obese tax, a tax on obese people.

send fat people to concentration camps and only release them when they've become skinny or died trying

Make an appointment to FEMA within the week and spoke the matter with the senator.

Lol holy shit this.

>Apache helicopters buzz in over the home town buffet
>Man with megaphone screaming orders "ALRIGHT FATTIES GET RUNNING OR WE SHOOT!"
>Hordes of fatties scramble and roll to escape certain death
>The ones who stop to cry or pant get a warning shot before one .50 cal to the torso rips a particularly large one in two
>Several heart attacks are had
>Health care costs go down

This is fucking awesome.

"Ok you fat piece of shit since you say its you "genetics" we are going to see how long your genetics can keep this shit up on a 2000 calorie diet
>"chan i hav icce creem?"
"No fatty. No you can not."

Give all obese people gastric stomach bands so they can't keep eating. My aunt was morbidly obese and got one and it worked wonders for her. Also, make DNP and stimulants legal for prescription use.

Directly tax all food with high sugar content.
Force supermarkets to sell all produce they receive, that means all the weirdly shaped fruit and veg is sold along with the normal looking stuff. This should lower the cost of fresh produce.
Remove benefits/welfare for anybody deemed clinically obese or "too fat to work"
Reintroduce mandatory gym and physical education - require kids at school to participate in at least one team sport. Not only will this breed physically healthier kids, but also mentally healthier kids.
Impose regulations on fat content of fast food - anything over a certain limit is banned from being sold.
Use money saved on welfare for fat people to subsidise fruit and vegetable farms.
Subliminally socially engineer the nation to see obesity as a mental illness.
Establish nationalised gyms across the country where membership costs less the fatter you are.

Illegalizing fast food and soda pop. When they can arbitrarily ban kratom, why can't they handle a real threat to public health. Cash money kick backs! Answered my own question.

First we start a giant public works project to build one swimming pool for every American. This will boost the national economy and eliminate unemployment but this is just a side benefit.

Next we hire elite squads of Veeky Forums bros to go out and capture fatties every night no matter where they are. McDonalds will become like the the vast hunting grounds of the serengeti.

Once the fattie has been captured they are sent to the pool. The pools have no ladders and gently curved sides that you could get out of with a decent running start and the ability to life your own weight.

They are tranqued and placed in the pool. Everyday they can't escape they are given a 1500 calorie diet of Oats, unflavored pea protein powder, raw broccoli and Milk to wash it down.

A bulking Veeky Forums bro is assigned to each pool to eat IIFYM food of their choice in front of the fattie. They are required to loudly exclaim how delicious everything is.

Given enough time the fattie will become human sized and escape, knowing that if they fuck up it's back to the pool. Or they die and nothing of value is lost.

When all the fatties are gone Pool Parties and Wet T-Shirt contests become the new national past time for the nations now beautiful Adonis like population.

Tax sweets, soft drinks etc
Run national add service pointing out the health risks of said shit food
Subsidise healthy food.
Promote national walk / cycling scheme
Mandatory food science / food education in school
Offer physical exercise programs in schools
If school has cafeteria, make sure they've giving kids healthy food
Ask gyms to do more wealth loss programs

Made me laugh. I'd love to see this happen.

beautiful

I build a new, large store that only sells unhealthy shit in bulk. Snacks, candy, soda and all kinds of garbage. We have a food court with a gravy fountain.
Randomly throughout the store there are pressure activated trap doors that send fatties down into a pool of lava if they're above a certain weight. There are cameras all over the store that are connected to the trap doors, so they don't go off unless the target is alone and not in eyesight of anyone.
Little by little the fatties all mysteriously disappear until they are all gone. The store re-brands as a health store and we all live happily ever after.

>develop a "Bob Ross" exercise show
I like the sound of this. what did you have in mind?

What I noticed about being around poor fat people is that they get food stamps, but they literally spend half of their food stamps money on candy, ice cream, soda, chocolate syrup, and similar crap.
If I was this "health czar", I would limit the food stamps to certain approved groceries such as water, juice (the 100% ones), milk (no chocolate milk), meat, fruit, pasta, etc. But absolutely no candy or sweets

hello communism

Fast food and booze tax
Standing desks, subsidised gym/healthy canteen and tiny 'fit to work' stipend for all government workers Inc. schools and hospitals.
Fit tests annually or for recruitment in some professions
Benefit scum on lower rate if not reasonably healthy to work
Bring back PE and swimming lessons to schools
Refusal/low priority for non urgent surgeries if fatty
Legal action for fat activists who downplay health risks of being overweight
Allow insurance companies more freedom and let them discriminate against fats

Basically bring back shame and make em second class citizens

merkel?

How do I vote for you?
Will they understand if I just write in, "that one user who's not as big a fag as the rest"?

Make gyms free to everyone

at least that way the fatties have one less excuse.

Every property owned by a citizen must have an all purpose garden that grows a staple food like corn, beans, cabbage, carrots, etc. At least two varieties of vegetable must be grown on the property.
Each community must have a community garden(which meets with economic and safety standards) in which everyone in the community is encouraged to participate in. Participation will earn you a monthly discount depending on how many hours you've worked the community garden.
The discount is applicable towards food produced by your community garden.

Every elementary school, from first to last grades, will require at least 100 hours per grade to be dedicated on the study of proper nutrition, lifestyle, and activity to promote a healthy, active, an balanced lifestyle.
Eat-right workshops, festivals, and competitions that promote local communities and their gardens will be held in educational establishments.
Public gyms will built in small communities and charge no admission fees. Private gyms will remain in operation at their owners discretion.

All the hard work that goes into planning a wide scale reformation of neighbourhoods and communities is exhausting, but ultimately it'll make the nation stronger and more independent, while promoting good alternatives like sharing food, providing social support and hardening the infrastructure of each community independently. These new changes can also leave open new job opportunities.(public gym care taker, garden workers, a new wave of botanists and scientists bent on making your crops grow thicc and jucci, food transportation and preparation services, and a lot more if other elements are incorporated like fitness)

>This thread.
>"Just reduce food."

You have to "solve" the obesity epidemic. Not turn it into undernourishment epidemic

Why would I want more competition?

Obvi we do the final solution

What if we just teach kids at school about nutrition?

feed the landwhales to seawhales

1. Soda and other sugary drinks will be legally reclassified as "candy"

1a. Certain food items, like doughnuts, will be classified as "candy" when sold commercially.

2. Products classified as "candy" will be subject to strict regulation in regards to labeling, portioning, placement in stores, and pricing.

3. Calories and macros must be available in an easily accessible way at restaurants, and clearly labeled on the packaging all edible products.

3a. It will be motherfucking absolutely clear what ONE SERVING is, and packaging will require servings to be in clear language with whole numbers, and packaged foods should be easily able to be portioned.

4. Welfare reform. The amount of "candy" purchasable with food stamps will be severely limited.

4a. There will be no additional benefits for being obese.

4b. There will be mandatory incentives for obese people on welfare to lose weight.

5. Health and Physical Education reform

5a. PE will be every semester, every grade, through high school, and will be strongly incentivized at public universities.

5b. Obese people will not be allowed to teach in primary education, and will only be allowed to teach in secondary education if they have a Master's Degree in their subject.

5c. Health and Nutrition classes will be mandatory in all grade years. Beginning in the same year as sex education classes, the health and nutrition classes will become quite graphic to show the results of obesity related disease.

6. Healthcare for Fatties

6a. Obese people will be required to hold special medical insurance, much like habitual DUI offenders hold special auto insurance.

6b. Morbidly obese people will not be allowed organ transplants.

6c. Mobility scooters will not be subsidized for morbidly obese people.

7. Public Accomodation

7a. Obese people will not be given legal protections under the ADA.

7b. Obese people will be legally required to pay for all the space they occupy on public transportation or lose their ticket.

I would fund fake studies saying how "obesity" is just us evolving as humans and that our fast food really is the healthiest option because vegetables and other "healthy" foods are the cause of cancer nowadays. By adding fats to food, our modern bodies are able to fight cancer cells and other diseases.

Then I'd lower the price of all fast food and let fast food chains operate tax-free and put more tax on healthy foods.

> Direct more funds to subsidizing nutritious foods like kale
> Completely outlaw Trans fats
> Tax red meats and pork
> Tax non-geneti diabetes paitients and obese people
> Create a system for people to partake in an optional fitness test, passing gives you tax deductions. Difficulty is based on age.

Round up the fatties and make them run until they're skinny.

With policemen on horses with dogs.

Take bribes from food lobbyists and pretend to care about people

Anyone obese in prison is forced onto treadmills to generate energy

Mandatory enlistment of the entire young adult population, everyone of those cunts serves, those who don't get their political rights taken away and must pay heavier taxes.
Tax people per proportional weight, according to a table on the national healthcare costs associated with each size category.
Make full-time schooling a thing and introduce nutrition classes as well as many athletics clubs.

I'm a fucking fascist I guess.

Fatties pay more insurance. Same with drug addicts.

Only Logical answer

>obesity affects low IQ tards more than high IQ people
>that means lower races more so than whites

To be honest, I think that I would try to find some way to make their advertising and marketing even more potent for the willing recipients.

But at the same time, in white neighborhoods, even where the lower white trash is. There would be a greater focus on nutrition, counting calories and the horribleness of sugar in biology class or something like that.

The neighborhoods for lower races, or mixed neighborhoods would get nothing of course...

Seriously though, why stop it at this point? Its only bad if you consider the requirement, and necessity to have healthy neighbors, people around you...but I doubt that it can be stopped at this point.

Let them all eat cake, lots of cake.

What the fuck. Why would you even subsidize tobacco?

Gas every corn farmer, including former.

Also anyone who has ever paid a corn farmer directly for wholesale product.

Corn is the fucking devil.

Why Tobacco? I can understand the rest of the chart but tobacco was a surprise.

Outlaw bread.

please make it happen user

Membership costs less the fatter you are? Are you trying to make a race of permabulking powerlifters?

Let me get ready to read all this freedom withdrawal in this thread.

Smoking has gone down dramatically in Canada thanks to heavy taxation and mandatory warning labels on all packs of smokes.

Now imagine if they did that same treatment to junk food. Basically anything with X+ amount of sugar per serving will be taxed heavier and sold at a higher price. That and they will have giant warning labels on them showing pictures of dead morbidly obese people, heart disease, etc.

Imagine buying a pack of cookies and half the package is just a dead fat fuck on it. Really going to nail the point across to parents that they should not be buying that shit for their kids on such a regular basis.

put more time into making P.E. fun and help kids finds sports they might like
teach kids how to build a diet and/or routine, how to read labels.
that is literally all. also this

But you can eat cookies in moderation all the time and live a perfectly happy life without increased risk of disease.

Some decent, well thought out answers here. Serious ideas;

Restrict foods and beverages that can be purchased with food stamps/welfare to essentials only. At the same time, give a 15% government sponsored discount on food that is purchased via welfare. This ensures only healthy food is purchased, and helps ease the burden of potentially expensive fresh foods.

Slight increase of 10% price over 5 years on all soda, candy, and junk non-essential food. Improved food labelling including larger nutrition fact labels, portion information, and potentially warning labels if a single serving contains over a certain percentage of your RDA for calories. Mandatory calorie counts for all restaurant menus.

Mandatory physical education until the end of high school. Provide more focus on health and nutrition. Create standardized fitness tests, and provide funding incentives for schools that have high averages.

Conglomerate all current gyms into regional or national databases, with all new gyms required to register. Create gym membership subsidies, with higher tax returns for people with higher gym attendance records.

Get rid of Weight Watchers bullshit. Provide low-cost or free government-run weight loss clinics, include nutritionists, personal trainers, and addiction counsellors.

>all these Statist fucks

Remove all current restrictions on food labelling and production. Legalize all drugs, and lift restrictions on diet-weight loss aids. Remove all government food and medical aid. The Free Market will sort itself out.

Classify HFCS as poison
Classify everything in cigarettes besides pure tobacco as poison

Tax the ever loving shit out of sugar
Subsidize lean meat (poultry, etc) and veg farmers even more

Deny Medicare / Medicaid / SSD for obesity-related diabetes cases
Cancel WIC / EBT benefits on everything except lean meat and veg

Hope kids enjoy eating a shitload of fries or rice cause that's gonna be some of the only simple carbs left when I'm done

>deport all blacks and hispanics
>obesity rates slashed in half overnight

Just kill the fatties duh

That way future generations won't have the mental disorder of 'i lie to myself while I binge' because the gene causing it will be gone.

>The Free Market will sort itself out.
I'm sure the invisible hand of the economy will shave the pounds off the general populace as capital accruing into the hands of a few people will necessarily correlate with vegetable, fruit and healthy meat sales psshhhh not profits at any cost which oftentimes occurs with the worst, least healthful foods. phhssskek

underrated post

>booze tax

NO

Nothing, let people do what they want

>no more welfare except for the legit disabled, rural poor (ie the super fucking poor), and veterans
>announcement all obese people with be executed if they fail to lose weight in the next 3 months
>mandatory fitness and strength classes + mandatory sports for all levels of education to educate and strengthen children, make everyone able to skate and swim, and to have the best sports teams
>all skellies are drafted into the army and shaped into men with lifting and nutrition programs, then used for massive public works projects

This, and make obesity a crime. Great synergy with: