Torn Calluses

Help, Veeky Forums, I tore my calluses on my hand open deadlifting and now a flap of rigid skin hangs off my hand. They make everything painful and prevent me from lifting. This happened wednesday, what do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r93ERoNgfYg
youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cut off the skin put some antiseptic on and cover with a bandaid

just fucking bite/cut it off and tape a bandaid to your hand while lifting hoy shit it's not that hard

By not being retard and palming the bar anymore. You grip with your fingers when deadlifting.

That's just how I've always done it.
But it fucking hurts even if I slightly pull it back, cutting it off would kill. I think there is still alive skin attached.

It hurts if it gets nudged, how far back can I cut without cutting into living skin?

Look up rock climbing flappers, rock climbers rip their calluses all the time and have some amazing wisdom

Use some electrical tape to cover it up, trust me it works

just cut the shit off and put some shaving water and bandaid on it m8

Super glue it down. continue to lift heavy.

Ok I cut them off. Do I still need to put bandaid on them when I'm not lifting?

nail cutter to trim the dead skin and some liquid bandage. use hand wraps if your gonna be a fucking pussy about it

Bro i hope you didn't just throw them away. Lifting calluses are full of protein

Callus remover. Stops that shit from happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=r93ERoNgfYg

You just learn how to grab a bar, don't give me that I know bullshit because this doesn't happen, my callouses eventually rip open but I don't rip my skin off

Is that true? I always eat mine

this is what you get for not taking care of your hands you fucking retard

i really hope none of you waste your money on this, all you need is a $1 pumice stone to file them down a bit once a week or so in the shower

Start shaving them with this tool.

Shit is fucking incredible.
Just don't do it half an hour before deadlifting because then it will hurt.

>he actually bought it

lmao

m8, callus shavers are so far away better than using stones or anything else, I've tried them all.
They only cost $4

cost: 99 cents
calluses torn: zero

>skin adapts to stress by making skin thougher
>idiot shaves skin

Shaving them feels better still.
Never said stones don't work. Just that shavers are better.

this. you want your calluses, you don't want the thick, dead skin on top of them, because that's what gets pinched and torn off while lifting, leaving a bloody hole in your hand.

pumice just files down the very top layer and leaves the good part.

God why are people so stupid? Every time this comes up. People who haven't tried it talk shit.

I've used all common methods here and the shaver is by far the best.

The "good"part is called skin.

oh ok. i didn't know that. here's a rare ronnie as thanks.

nah mate

Learn how to grip the bar properly

Oh god I have a doctor in medical engineering, I know what I am talking about. You are a fucking dumbass for shaving your skin

Any piece that's loose is gonna die anyway just cut it as short as possible so you don't actually get caught on other stuff with ut. Also stop being a giant fucking pussy man.

t. sub 4pl8 deadlifter

supposed to rip them off with ur teeth mid set, user.

i thought those were a meme

no user, they work very well. use it at the end of your shower when the dead skin over your calluses is softened up.

>tfw I play with my calluses and remove the excess skin on the process

feelsgoodman

bite it off and eat it, that's what I do

don't weak

>prevent me from lifting

No, they don't. Your hand moves just as well with the torn callus. You can grip just as hard with it as without it. It just hurts. Nothing serious will happen if you grit your teeth and do your movements like your skin wasn't torn. So do that. Alleviating the pain is fine but don't stop training just because of a little pain. And also watch Rippletits' video on gripping for deadlift, Seriously, no one has posted it yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ

Try using liquid chalk instead of powder. You'll see that you'll need to lift much more to make callouses appear.

Fuarkk is that a Mexican luchador??

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4

Super glue