Why dont you guys train any type of martial arts yet?

Why dont you guys train any type of martial arts yet?

>develop much more aesthetic body type
>women love fighters
>actually learn a skill that may someday become useful in self defense situations
>gain real confidence knowing you could fuck up most people
>competition is extremely fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VggDRaIFqzA
youtube.com/watch?v=9RT52DhfXNg
youtube.com/watch?v=WBO2uBAuO8w
youtube.com/watch?v=bINYOYHVQl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do/did
>wrestling
>kyokushin
>boxing
Shit is fun af

that would provide me with objective means to quantify my value as a man and that's extremely frightening.

>kyokushin
mah nigga

I'm too intelligent to fight.

What do you think about kyukoshin? Im deciding wether to joe taekwando or that

Go kyokushin, your conditioning will go through the roof and it's extremely practical... Just supplement it with some dirty boxing cross training and you have a complete stand up game... Just be prepared to get hurt

>too intelligent

One of the guys i train with is a former lawyer currently transitioning into politics, come to think of it, most of everyone i train with have somewhat sucessful personal lives

Ive been boxing since i was 14 and judo since 20 (currently 23) competing in mma, would it be practical in that sense?

Extremely practical with your background already, imo it's better than Muay Thai for pure stand up ability... Where you at? I might have a recommendation for a place

That's formal intelligence built up strictly for status. I have natural intelligence.

Alaska, but i have the funds to travel around to train for months

Are you one of those guys with the whole "woe is me" act?

I would look for anything local first but if there is a Phoenix group kyokushin school near you I would go there, they are very kumite heavy in their training

Honestly I really want to but I have a really bad working/short term memory and I have trouble remembering steps so I know I'm going to embarrass myself by not being able to remember the combos even after they tell me a million times. If they would just let me spar that would be perfect.

I train jiu-jitsu, come at me.

What if I punched or elbowed you in the face (jk I love jiu-jitsu)

Try it out man, im the same way. The muscle memory you develop is a whole different thing. You're building an instinct not a math equation

This. It becomes second nature before you know it...

I'll be ready famalam!
I never claimed I was good enough to block every time though. Working that game later.

WRASTLING

I don't want to sound like a pussy, but I like the idea of a martial art but I don't want to get fucked up, like black eyes and broken noses and shit. Is that something that happens or am I retarded?

>>gain real confidence

i would do only for that one

but i found a better way to gain confidence, to do gymnastics and develop really aesthetical moves on the rings

it develops my confidence that nobody that could be called human could kill someone who is so valuable as a skillful gymnast, it's a sin towards humanity

does wrestling count? i fucking love it so much

Let's be honest, the world isn't losing much by damaging your pretty face.

i've trained in karate for 3 years. also sparred with muay thai practitioner on a regular basis. learned a tiny bit of hung gar kung fu. a bit of taekwando. some boxing. jeet kune do. all of this is good shit, but due to time constraints, i only have time for the gym and volleyball.

>I don't want to get injured
>Don't know what's good

How do I start?

Or you could lift and carry

Just try different things out, you'll only get hurt if you start in a shitty gym or dojo. Or as you advance in rank or skill but by then you'll be at the point of not giving a fuck about a black eye

I'm not that user, but I have the same fear, not out of vanity, but because my job involves dealing with rich customers face to face, and I have no idea how they or my boss would react if I turned up with a busted up face. My workplace is strict when it comes to dress code, haircut, tattoos, even oral hygiene so it's safe to assume they wouldn't tolerate someone with a black eye.

Nothing available anywhere nearby. I'd love some good boxing or mt classes man.

I mean... People would still kill you, it's better to be able to kill rather than be killed... Unless this is pasta in which I have been duped

>Why dont you guys train any type of martial arts yet?
I live in a country with guns.

Natural intelligence consists of many things, including things such as the ability to communicate well socially and to make the right decisions. Considering you're on Veeky Forums, I don't think you have either.

But I do.

Kyokushin here

> imo it's better than Muay Thai for pure stand up ability

I disagree bro, Kyokushin is a "counter" based sport, as are pretty much all japanese martial arts. The point of point sparring is to strike the quickest and/or be the first to hit. it's not so much "brutal" as it is "finesse" and skillful".

If you want a real brutal martial art, muay thai is the answer. there is no finesse in this style. it is pure simplified "what hurts you the most in the quickest way?". the way you fight are two different world, even if you use the same type of attack do to the way you CHOOSE to attack.

kyokushin, like many other jap styles, will focus on defense/reacting first THEN attacking. Many times in sparring you'd rather wait for your opponent to strike first.

That's just how I look at it. I personally love eastern martial arts.

anyone who would have know that i was the skillfull as fuck as a gymnast would have seen how fucking animal was to kill me, such delicate and precious thing

the thug would have been ashamed even by their friends if i was known and famous as a gymnast

There's lots of things I'd love to do, but I'm watching Netflix, so I have no time.

I live in alaska man, i dont know anyone that doesnt have 5 or more guns

>Many times in sparring you'd rather wait for your opponent to strike first.
do you mind if I ask how you got this impression of kumite?

I don't think you really know what your talking about with kykushin... Practiced it for 4.5 years and the only people who weren't aggressive in combat where usually the newbie who where afraid to take a hit... You know... No pads and all...

It us the best workout. I wish my lower back was a little better to handle jiu jitsu

Muay Thai and boxing r great workouts

I can't believe you actually replied to that, friendo.

How do I find a good place to learn?

Yes - learn some wrestling and bjj ti put it all together at a good gym

Muay thai supplemented with boxing or vice versa is best

point sparring

I mean every sparring with no pads only light gloves were point sparring. we all know point sparring is a mainstay of eastern martial arts with the exception of muay thai as far as i know. so if you are being aggressive you might as well stick with muay thai or kick boxing because japanese martial arts are a type of counter striking ... it's where they excel at, and that's something that can't be denied with the amount of techniques they have for defense.

After the semester is over I would like to sign up for an MMA gym so I can make some martial arts gains along with some size and strength gains. What martial arts does fit recommend?

funny; I used to be far more apprehensive in my sparring and sensei likened it to muay thai, and my opponent, who kept trying to open me up with different techinques, fakes, combinations, etc with more in line with our style

to clarify though I do believe point sparring's a bit of a joke

>point sparring
hahhahaha

I want to get back into martial arts, but the only jkd school around here is expensive and I'm poor. It's the only art I've ever trained and I'm not sure what other arts I should look into.

I have for the past 11 years, mane.

>tfw 18 years old and know more about my martial art than people a lot older
>tfw I get to order them around and they can't do shit

Kek, dude who mostly trained me was a lawyer who's now considering going into politics. Cool coincidence

Shotokanfag here. Not correct at all for us. Its a legit type of fighting, yeah...but absolutely nobody ever uses it. Sen sen no sen is the more common tactic, which is basically "hit them until an opening forms".

You can act faster than you can react. You should definitely be taking advantage of that.

I'm a shotokanfag, but I know a few kyokushin dudes. This is pretty much what they've told me, and also what I've noticed in my style. I think the dude you're responding to is a relative noob. 3 years training tops. Reacting only is a great way to get hit a lot, and not much else.

>point sparring
Nah this was bare knuckle fighting to say the least, against head punches were disqualified in kumite by Mas Oyama cuz people kept loosing teeth or getting bad cuts in sparring, but knees and kicks to the face unlaced are game... Point sparring is for that mcdojo shit

Without pads*
>unlaced tf

irrelevant to post but,

I'm an 18 year old high school senior, the other day I was wrestling with my best friend of 5 years at school, some other kids started gathering around and watching us, cheering, we started pushing each other and got genuinely angry, escalated into a shoving stand off

I've been in a few tiny scuffles in school before, in a surge of rage and to impress the crowd, I threw a hook at my friend's chest, he put his head down and my knuckle caught the side of his jaw and sliced it open so deep you could see the fatty tissue.

Blood started pouring onto the pavement from his jaw while he recovered from the hit, the adrenalin was still rushing through me as my life flashed before my eyes, I was preparing myself for expulsion and possible jail time, only a month before my final exams and graduation which I worked so hard for over the years, It hit me like a truck, I thought I was going to lose my life as I know it

After the punch, a teacher immediately came rushing into the group, asking "WHAT HAPPENED?" I expected my friend to tell on me but he said "oh, we were practicing wrestling and I tripped over and cut myself on the side of the pavement"

They took him away by ambulance, he got 8 stitches, the school still thinks its an accident

I followed my friend to the sick bay, blood spilling from his jaw, I was noticeably in shock and the teachers tried to comfort me saying "its not your fault, accidents happen, it could have been you" this only made me feel worse

I've apologized several times to my friend for my utter stupidity and we've talked a couple of times but I don't think things will ever be the same again

I've learnt my lesson and I hope everyone can learn from my mistake

Don't ever get into a street fight if you can help it, you lose either way

Taekwondo is for children and Olympians, go Kyokushin, or better yet, Muay Thai.

Your friend sounds like a true bro. I'm sure it'll blow over.

Hook him up with a sister/female friend.

I did karate when I was a kid. It was shotokan, so the stereotypical give-belts-to-kids and focus more on impractical stances and kata than application. I quit around the time I became a teenager, and it was a huge mistake. Even if it wasn't the best martial art for practical purposes, it was fun and I was in good shape. There was also competition, even if it wasn't full contact. I once won a sparring tournament once and got a trophy.

What really pains me is that I didn't give it up entirely out of my own will. My mother sort of forced me into a new school (of karate) when I was about 9 because she's a crazy bitch and I was too much of a pussy to resist. After getting a new sensei, I lost my passion and also started to view the whole thing in a negative light. If/When I have a son, I'll try to get him involved and see if he takes to it as I once did.

Thanks for the advice man, I hope so too

Will probably go for general kickboxing instead of any specific Asian styles.

By going

What organisation, senpai?

What do if I live in Sweden and all the martial arts places are full of Aghanis?

I went to a Muay Thai club where a few friends practice but they had a massive influx of Afghani "children", thought I'd try boxing instead but the local boxing club has posts on Facebook saying "Vi gillar olika!" and comments on their feed by members saying that they should try to attract more "refugee children" there.

What you do is you go there and spar with them you autistic fuck.

you would just die looking like a total faggot doing cartwheels while attempting to dodging bullets (and failing because you died).

fuck off you fucking fairy

You apparently don't know what autism is you tard, Afghanis act like shit here.
When I sparred with them last time and the instructor said "Okay lets start off easy" they just went in with full force, and when you replied with equal force they got scared and complained about it.

Why should I spar with some 30 year old cowardous cunts with beards and balding heads who pretend to be 17 so that they'll be able to live off welfare?
They're the type of parasites who ravage festival grounds and rape teen girls, it's not autistic to want to avoid them.

SVERIGE
JA

They can't rape at festivals if they're at home because their jaw is broken :^)

True, but I don't want to help them up their fighting skills or associate myself with them.

So does lifting
>what's your bench brah?

I'm scared as shit breaking my knees, hands or face. Pain is a nightmare for me. Used to train judo and bujinkan (I know).

That said I go to bodycombat group exercises which are mostly bullshit but it's relaxing as fuck box and knee my mirror image. I try to improve my form and shit when I'm in there but it's mostly just a cardio exercise. It's fun to see house moms getting into a battle fury though.

>What do if I live in Sweden and all the martial arts places are full of Aghanis?
Vart fan bor du egentligen?
Hitta ett ställe som varit med lite längre och försök hitta dig in i något annat än nybörjargrupperna, lär inte vara några flyktingar där
Är nog fan inte en enda flykting på min kickboxningsklubb och BJJn är samma

I would need to interact with other human beings

If your good at sparring u can put someone in their place without loosing ur cool,

I do boxing

master rented a spot in a gym since he's currently looking for some kind of warehouse to move there and we share the same room as some taekwondo guy that ocasionally trains with one of mcgregors coaches
pretty cool except those fuckers are always late to leave so we're outside waiting and you can see the kids walking fast with head looking down intimidated kek

Muay Thai:en var i Västra Götaland och nu bor jag i Norrland.
Ska kolla på boxningsklubben men vettefan om det är värt det då hela deras facebooksida rentav skriker "Jalla jalla Sverige åt alla!"
Nåja, får väl prova i alla fall.

Im fit and i have guns. Dont have time for savagery, martial arts became obsolete since.chinese invented gunpowder

If im a neet like most of you maybe

English please mr. enriched cuck

>flailing your fists amongst the scum of the beer hall
>not training with gentlemen in the timeless art of the duel
>not being the graceful swashbuckler from every young woman's fantasies
>not making the most of of T-rexmode

Why do you do this to yourselves?

Judoka checking in

Tae kwon do when i was in early teens, then boxing and later on mma. Fucked up my knee and can't train anymore because the idea of having to have surgery/physio/recovery time is so unappealing.
It was so much fun though. There were some guys who looked dyel as fuck but would literally wipe the floor with any bodybuilder.

Can gym fine though. Max squat is only 100kg for reps so i dunno it's a good idea to push it further then that.... don't really want to have a blowout and my kneecap explodes while trying to squat big weight.

>because i dont carry around a foil around with me 24/7
>because i prefer the visceral feel of my fist on flesh
>because i enjoy that snap of the head when you land cleanly on somebodys chin
>because i like watching them struggle for air when i get a clean one in the solar plexus

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

I agree with you.

Kyokushin is the best karate but that's like saying horse shit is better than dog shit, it's still shit.

T.Boxer

I don't know what I'd do if I had an injury that stopped me training. I've been training for 8 years now and without it I'd be miserable, I tried taking a break after my last fight but i soon found that I was full of energy and bored all the time with nothing to do, I couldn't relax like other people relax. I tried getting into drinking alcohol and partying again but I was too aware of how I was fucking up my body, and I was scared I'd get rusty and lose my timing/distance control.

Needless to say, I'm boxing again. I've had an injury that put me out for a month but I supplimented that with shadowboxing and cycling/sprints

>no punches to the head allowed in kyokushin

face it breh. muay thai is the gold standard for a striking based combat sport.

it has proven itself again and again against every other discipline because it has a near lack of bullshit rules and the training is all about winning not about some masturbatory 'ultimate truth super way' pseudophilosophy

youtube.com/watch?v=VggDRaIFqzA

don't get me wrong kyukoshin is good as far as karate is concerned but it's still just cultural dancing

You can train in a martial art and not spar, though you really will only get so good if you're not practicing fighting an actual opponent. But it's not impossible

I want to try MMA for confidence gains

Tried Ju-Jutsu for a year.
It was major faggotry and extremely boring. There were no real fights and training was mostly cardio in a suit moistened from your sweat.
I could've bearn through this shit if it weren't for the faggot manlet master. I once fucking downed him in our only randori we ever had.
The THE FUCKING DAN. I could have threwn him through the fucking arena.
Traditional martial artists are faggots who couldn't fight if their life depended on it.
My tip, do something real like MMA, or classic self defence training with an actual trainer.
Or just buy a fucking extendable steel rod if you care about the RL fight aspect.

Sounds like you had a bad dojo. Every bjj class I've been to has randori at the end of every class. Sucks for you.

>What do if I live in Sweden
Leave.

>Not practicing kenjutsu
>Not making cosplay chicks drop eggs at the sight of you
Seriously I've gotten laid so many times from exchanging facebook info @ cons

>Jalla jalla Sverige åt alla!

Va i helvete, när blev Sverige så skit?

I started judo recently

I don't know how practical it is in a street fight but it's fun at least and knowing how to throw people with minimal force is pretty badass IMO

>there is no finesse in this style. it is pure simplified "what hurts you the most in the quickest way?". the way you fight are two different world, even if you use the same type of attack do to the way you CHOOSE to attack.

you don't know much bro

youtube.com/watch?v=9RT52DhfXNg

youtube.com/watch?v=WBO2uBAuO8w

youtube.com/watch?v=bINYOYHVQl4

just some video examples

if you know anything about combat sports, you will immediately see the amount of technique in all of these matches. high level muay that is incredibly technical with a lot of "finesse". yes, it looks like they are hitting each other hard, because they are, since weak hits don't cut at that level, but there's a lot more to it.

Pendla en bit? Hitta andra likasinnade och ta reda på var de tränar.