Form check

Form check please

youtu.be/wjyC2rOEZRU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VnVApqz0bI
youtu.be/xFuG1bkoclA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why do you take so long betwen reps

For some reason with heavy squats I'm never confident I'm going to get the weight back up on the next rep, so I kind of have to psych myself up after every rep

your form looks fine

ensure you're keeping the weight of the bar on your heels at all times. This is not only safer, but if you push through your heels, you unlock the famed "hip drive" of Rippetoe

also, sack up and stop taking such long breaks between reps. You're expending a bunch of energy by just chilling

You're basically doing singles
Just catch your breath and go again you're wasting your time

DYEL?

When ur lifting heavy you cant jump around up and down.

Don't look up so much. Pick a position on the floor a few feet ahead of you and fix your gaze on that. It'll activate muh hip drive.

>Youre basically doing singles

ignore this person, he is retarded. If you get breath, bracing and correct form with slower work, keep doing it.

>the guy that holds his breath for 5x5 and passes out

>DYEL?

You tell me faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=3VnVApqz0bI

I'm not saying you should be jumping up and down just get your breath back and go again lmao

Honestly why am I even wasting my time here you guys probably don't even squat 225 lol

Yeah I noticed I'm leading forward a little coming up so I'll work on weight distribution. I've heard it was meant to be mid-foot for high bar instead of heels, and I thought hip drive was just for low bar. I'm no expert though obviously so I'll try it out.

Yeah it looks like I'm trying to choke myself from behind with the bar, I'll work on that

Thanks lads

You are taking too long in between reps

salty dyel

I don't know how much (if at all) hip drive matters for high bar squats but as far as I can tell you always want to have the weight over your mid foot. That's where you'll be in balance and where you'll be lifting purely against gravity without a moment arm getting in the way.

This weight on heels thing is just bullshit. You can get hip drahve, but center the weight on center of your foot. That way you have way more balance and don't have to worry about falling backwards or forwards. Keeping weight on your heels is just another word for saying don't raise your heels while squatting. Also squatting with flexible sole shoes is doomed to fail, you need really good stability on the shoe for squatting and lifts.

Also watch Alan Thrall's squat videos on youtube, he has really good technique ques for form improvement.

what happens if you dont manage to complete the rep

seems like you were struggling there for a bit and there wasnt anyone nearby

youtu.be/xFuG1bkoclA
I know I goodworning'd the shit out of it, but I was weak that day ans it was the first time on that weight for me.
My ankles seem to be mobile enough now, should I just concentrate on hamstring mobility to make my posture more upright?

this is only true for low bar

OP, you're leaning forward too much. The bar should go in a straight line centered at the middle of your foot at all times. Make sure you keep your chest up and don't let your knees go past your toes, they should be the same distance forward.

There are safeties at the bottom of the squat rack

yeah but wouldnt your back get fucked if that happens

You can just let go of the bar and let it fall behind you