QTDDTOT

QUESTIONS THAT DONT DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD (i dont have the pic edition)

I'll start:

This is my routine:

Day a

Bench press 4x5
Incline press 4x10
Butterfly machine 4x10

Day B
Chin ups 4xmax
Assisted pull ups 4x10
Row machine 4x10
Deadlifts 4x10

Day C
Squats 4x10
Military press 4x10
Dumbell flyes 4x10
Cable cruncehs 4x10

my goal is aesthetics and im 173 cm 90kg and cutting.

Is there any muscle im not working?
Do you have ideas to improve my routine wihtout it taking more time?
Does it affect aesthetics to not isolate obliques?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
ask.fm/AlixBromley
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have no tricep isolation, and you are working chest twice a week versus once a week with everything else because of the flyes on your C day. Fix that shit up.

Oh sorry, i got a brain fuck up, its actually like this:

Day a

Bench press 4x5
Incline press 4x10
Butterfly machine 4x10

Day B
Chin ups 4xmax
Assisted pull ups 4x10
Row machine 4x10
Deadlifts 4x10

Day C
Squats 4x10
Military press 4x10
Dumbell lateral raises 4x10
Cable cruncehs 4x10

Is it really taht important to isolate my triceps? my thinking is that bench press hits that, just like chin ups hits the biceps, is that a wrong way of thinking?

Is riding a bycicle at normal speeds to get to work and back enough excersise to be included in calorie counting? if so how much?

If I exhibit maximum self control would it be possible to lose 15 or more lbs by novembet 9th?

No, you can only burn calories in the gym.

max is 1kg per week, so you could lose like 6 kg by that time which is like 12lb and its not bad at all

come on you fucker, im asking if the amount of calories are noticeable or negligible, its not like im running a bike race, im just biking around town

can i get big trips from bench press and big biceps from pull ups? or is it absolutely necesary to isolate them?

What TDEE calculator is best? Fitness Frog from the sticky or the one on bodybuilding.com?
Also is HIIT training on rest days a good idea?

Best program for lifting while on a calorie deficit? All my lifts are plateaued right now and while I'm fine with them staying the same while I cut, I'm wondering if it's possible to still make gains while losing weight if I switch up the programming.

Bench hits your chest so why do incline?

Because it's more volume. Do you want bigger triceps? Then do more volume. If you're memeing only strength, then take oht te incline.

But ya..do something

12 isn't bad, nom it's close. So I'll take it. Gonna lose that weight. Thank you.

get a tdee and do the math about how much food you need to be eating, it will be much less hellish if you do lots of cardio to burn extra calories, else your calorie intake will need to be very low

yeah but like, people dont isolate all muscles, some of them are hit as a consequences of other excersises, for a normal amount of muscle mass is hitting them with these excersises not enough?

healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

how do you guys maximize protein intake when making your own shakes? i feel like theres too many shake goo left over in the blender. you guys like the blender clean?

In all honest man that's retarded. With a program like that you need more volume regardless of your experience level.

If that's really how you feel then just add more pressing volume fuckwad

I like this one keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ . You can ignore the keto stuff.

Cup of water > powder on top of water > chomp down on those curdy chunks

6ft, 271 lbs
Doing 5x5s Stronglifts and trying to lose weight and gain muscle,
Is 215g protein,

so youre saying that volume is too little for mass increase?

completely overdoing protein, you need, at-most, 1g per pound of lean mass. In your case you likely don't need more than 130g. Since you're obese you can have a much larger deficit than normal, I'd recommend an 750-800 cal deficit.

Why the 4x5 on bench and then 4x10 on squats and deads? do yourself a favor and don't do your own programming, you're clueless.

barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

Give this a read

What's a good hypertrophy routine?

i got bored of doing everything 4x10 so i decided to add some strength.

what negative effects of this way of training could i experience?

what programs do you recommend?

well how far are you riding? My extremely rough estimate is that biking 3 miles on flat terrain would burn about 100 calories.

Negatives are basically just shit results, you're not gonna kill yourself or anything. Any beginner routine you find will do you better. Greyskull, Starting Strength, Strong Lifts, any of em will do you better. The key is just the right amount of volume along with progressive overload and sufficient recovery. Read up on the source materials that the programs come with.

does any of those routine take more or less the same amount of time as im posting? also,they look like they aim at strenght, i look for aesthetics

Strength and aesthetics start at the same place.

how strong must you get before having to worry about that difference?

>you're not gonna kill yourself or anything
but you wish i did, right?

Basically as soon as you finish a beginner program you can move onto hypertrophy (aka aesthetics)

When you first start them, you'll finish in around 45 minutes, once you get stronger, they'll take 1 to 1 and a half hours. Whether you do an ~aesthetics~ program or a strength program, you're still gonna look like shit in a few months regardless, best to come to terms with that now.

6'1" 235 lb
how do I get lose weight
I've cut sugar and do basic stretches plus walk to school and have lost a couple but idk how to really lose

read the fucking sticky

eat less

ty

It's not like running a program oriented towards strength will make you lose muscle or gain muscle slower than another routine. If long term progress is the goal, it's definitely better to get strong first, then worry about aesthetics.

If by the time you hit 2/3/4 and you're not satisfied with how much your physique changed in getting to that point, feel free to switch to a different focus

I have no idea about diet programming, what is a good 2000 cal diet with high protein for a mini cut whilst on SS?

You can't get "aesthetic" without getting stronger as a natural.
This has never been the case anywhere ever. Nor in modern history.

Only been going to the gym for a couple months. I'm around 20-25% body fat not really sure with shit strength. How should I be eating? Should I be at my maintenance or eating above? If I was skinnier I know I would look dyel. What do?

You should be cutting.

This
Also come to terms with the fact that you'll never be satisfied with the progress you made. Might as well be able to pick up a lot of weight while you're at it.

Beyond that, the huge guys you see in the gym benching 315 didn't get to that point doing 95 lb for 3x10 or whatever other stupid shit.

i've been looking at the stronglifts begginer programe, doesnt squatting 3 times per week overemphasizes your legs? is barbell row enough for back development? why no pull ups?

Very frequently suggested to add upper body/accessory stuff to SL. You will end up looking like a T Rex if you follow it religiously.

You should add other stuff, but the lifts listed are what you should be focusing on. Increasing the strength of those lifts is the primary goal

yes, no

why is squats so important?

Should I do it Veeky Forums?

Compound exercise, trains lotsa muscles

Didn't forget about you. Jeez, you hear the 1 year number thrown around here, but I've also heard 2 or even 3 years, so the take home for me is as long as I lifted more than I did last week, I'm pretty happy.

but none of them are upper body, isnt this a bit anti aesthetics, i mean sure, you cant let your legs fall behind but why focus on tehm

If you're willing to sacrifice your own training program to let a bunch of pencil necks in lab coats tell you what to do and give you some stupid program in order to publish a shitty paper in a shitty journal with shitty results, then yeah go for it

>legs
>not aesthetic

the whole body is aesthetics, not just the twigs

Squats create a systemic stress. A rising tide raises all ships.
That and you can recover from heavy squats rapidly as a novice.

>Squats create a systemic stress. A rising tide raises all ships.
is that so? does heavily excersising one muscle benefit all of them?

>squats
>one muscle

It's a really big bang-for-your-buck kind of exercise, for lack of better words. Of course lower body strength is important, but learning how to properly squat also teaches you how to efficiently empty your bowels.

I don't believe in the "squatting releases hormones that make your entire body grow" bullshit. I do believe it teaches you how to brace your core, how to keep tightness where it matters (like in the upper back so the bar doesn't slip down), and preps plenty of muscle groups for other exercises. Using the deadlift as an example: the lower back and glute strength, proper bracing, and tight back are all helpful for deadlifts, which are arguably a good back exercise. As for bench, learning how it feels to keep your shoulder blades back, despite a lot of discomfort is definitely important.

$50 bro do it sprints are god tier exercise anyway

>systemic
>one muscle

I don't think you understand what the word systemic means, bud. Doing a leg extension is an isolated stress on one muscle, a squat is systemic stress, having an effect on the entire body.

Never got any answers to this post in last thread.

>off fucking course you bulk
>this needs to be addressed better in the sticky.
The sticky says to cut to 10-12% and bulk to 15%, rinse, repeat, and this kid's ~18%... IS there a consensus here of a max BF% at or above which you should definitely cut?

some people say 18%, some say 20%. It's whatever percentage you feel comfortable at.

Jogging or Insanity Workout for weight loss, which one should I do? I personally like Insanity, but there may be some problems doing that where I currently live...

Also, inb4 lifting. I don't have enough money to afford to go to a gym or buy weights.

There's no hard and fast rule. Don't cut as a novice unless you're obese, and don't gain weight if you're significantly overweight. Majority of guys lifting for the first time should focus on gaining muscle then cutting fat once they're juicy

Diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exercise when it comes to weight loss.

Doesn't really matter that much. Diet is a far more important factor for weight loss than what kind of exercise you do. Whichever one you'll actually do on a regular basis is the one you should stick with

I know... But it's not like exercising while dieting is bad.

it doesn't matter what you do when losing weight, you need to be in a caloric deficit. If you can't lift weights, do a jogging program like C25k, but realize you'll only be burning like 300 cal per week. Diet will accumulate the rest.

you can use the money you save from dieting for a gym membership

You won't grow a huge body doing one exercise but your whole body benefits from training individual parts
Also see this

Reposting:

I need your help Veeky Forums

I've been visiting this board more because this monday I finally put my shit together and I'm going to the gym for the first time (and tbqh I'm a little bit scared).
I read the sticky and made
>pic related
I know this is a little bit autistic but it's the only way I can remember/add/delete things.
Is this chart correct? What should I add?
I also want to focus in my calves and my abs, so what yall recommend me?
Also, Is T-rex mode true?
Am I too new to buy brotein?

Wow, that's an old pic!
That's the first time I've ever said that. I'm starting to feel old now.

Spreadsheets are totally autismo but also the ticket to success, you should plug in the actual weights you are lifting and set up the formulas to predict when you will hit certain milestones just as a way of goal setting.
Otherwise I would move the chinups to the deadlift days and the dips to OHP press days instead
After 12 weeks you can add more mystery work for abs/calves
t-rex can happen but wont in 12 weeks, besides your upper body will catch up over time
you can get brotein if you want, it wont hurt you but real food is better

Truth, that chick is probably married and fat by now

Why can some women figure out that I'm deeply inexperienced with girls just from talking to me?

It's literally impossible to lose muscle while lifting if you're small, weak and fat all at the same time, unless your diet is downright terrible. Get enough protein, get like 30-40 grams of fat, get some carbs so you're not tired and lift. You'll most likely end up making gains.

probably the beads of sweat dripping from your fingers

ask.fm/AlixBromley

She's single, a model and has sex multiple times a week.

Basically a paid whore.

Fatass who stopped working out two years ago here with a question.
I'm starting again on Monday I'm in terrible shape should I start weights/cardio or just cardio?
If you can link me to a workout program I'd be grateful

i did both.. former fatty here.

I'm a fatty losing weight and I want to start lifting, as I've been doing hard cardio for the last 2 months

Can anyone recommend a routine for me to start with? SS seems to be more for bulking, and I want a more general routing that will help with all parts of my body.

>5'11
>144lbs
>still no abs

Should I stop cutting and go ham on abs for ~3 months then try cutting again?

my abs didn't show up on my first cut, I had to go gain another 20 pounds (of mostly... muscle...) before they were visible at low BF%

Height/weight though?

Any other people in this no abs on the first cut boat?

Honestly, i would go with a greyskull after 3/4 months of SS, and start doing pull-ups/chin-ups every workout with SS.

At that height and weight you have no reason to keep cutting. Extremely possible you just don't have enough muscle for abs to show up. Try bulking.

When cutting you'll always look flat and you're probably not as lean as you think you are anyways.
Build strength maintain, or gain weight, till you've maxed out your potential. Then either cut or keep the same weight while losing fat.
Also your routine is trash.
Newfags will tell you otherwise.

> Be 172cm/6ft
> been lifting for 8 months now
> banch 2pl8
> squoot 2.5pl8
> row 2pl8
> ohp 1.5pl8
> diddly lift 3.5pl8
> barely fill medium shirt
> 21% bf is only thing keeping me from skeleton.
> I just want to cut...
> mfw dad has 8.5 inch wrists.
Wut do?

bulking/cutting are diet related not routine that said there are good alternatives to SS
If you are getting fatter than you would like eat less

>172cm/6ft
wat?

I am a fat fuck who is trying to log his calories I have no idea what to put when I eat at a restraunt that does not show calorie count. I have just been punching in 1000 caloires and hoping that was close enough

Just ask the waiter/tress you autism fuck

most have no idea if they were smart they would not be waitress

Don't eat out if possible. Restaurants are really hard to nail down calories.

>ohp 1.5pl8
>bench 2pl8
>172cm
>looks like complete shit

Pick any combination of: E-statting, lying, you weigh like 120kg.

Also your form is definitely complete garbage on OHP, bench and rows with those ratios, regardless of how much you're lying.

They are required by law to know the nutritional value of their dishes and you can actually sue the shit out of the restaurant if they cant give you a clear and accurate answer, nigger