desuarchive.org/fit/thread/38572382/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Lifting
>Plate breaks mid lift
>bar imbalance causes me to snap shit up
>sue

Those plates are literally dangerous

also post other pic I'm convinced this is the same pic

This was the first time it happened, couple weeks ago I posted this.

It was a 25 pounder this time

Those are the fucking dumbest looking plates I've seen in my life... they HAD to know that the design would sacrifice structural integrity....

It's an anytime fitness

I live in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere so yeah I've never been to one. They use these at all of their locations? One hell of a contract the manufacturer got if that's the case.

how the fuck do you break a 35 and 25, but not any of the 45s?

This is an old copypasta, you retards

Nah I go to anytime fitness and haven't seen anything like that, and I've been to a few locations around town too

>socks

No idea, it's the first one I've been to. Used to be at the local YMCA but it's too far from my place.

I don't know, logically I wouldve thought the 45s would go first.

It feels stable as fuck man

not him but he states explicitly he did already post a similar thread and there's exactly one copy in the archives of the photo in >desuarchive.org/fit/thread/38572382/

Switch gym and sue the owner in the process, that's the only thing to do.
You don't want to sue him because you're a faggot and you don't care if other users snap their shit up? Still, switch gym.

I'm the same OP

stale pasta is stale

You wernt deadlifting and dropping the weights were you?

Fuckgin this. these plates are stupid bro.

thats what you get for buying chinese plates

are those yours or the gyms? if they're yours what in gods green earth made you thin THOSE would be engineered to not break into a hundred shards of death after mid-moderate use? jesus fuck by fucking iron, with a tapered rim if you want grip, and one pair of proper rubber bumpers (i.e. 17" or at least larger radius than the iron 45s) if you're worried about wrecking your floor

Nah man, first time I did drop from knees. But this time I just set it down.

To be fair it's not easy to set down 365 softly, but I didn't slam the weights or anything.

The gyms, I would never buy shit plates like these.

wtf kind of plates are these with handle bars?

What happened the last time? Like what were the consequences?

>sue
Fucking Americans

Nothing, didn't even have to talk to anybody

>using meme plates

Hmm so the advice i gave u last time didn't work? I told you to lift the bar up to your chest before dropping it.
If you really followed this advice, then maybe u need to lift it higher. Do you do shoulder and back day on the same day? Cuz u can probably clean it, overhead press it, and drop it with your hands fully extended upward. Since the plates are octagonal shaped, they reach terminal velocity quickly and basically glide to the ground. If u lower it all the way to the ground, there's a good chance you'll break it cuz you're adding your body weight onto the bar.

This is the most autistic thing I have yet to see on Veeky Forums

Are you lifting the bar as it is on that picture? You should roll it so the smooth part is on the floor, not the handles.
The plates are stupid though, I don't see why anyone would make or buy them.

Having them on the rolly sides makes my ocd go nuts because they aren't equal. Plus they roll around

Break them all so the gym finally has to buy set of normal plates. What in the fuck is this abomination? Did Ikea release DYI plates?

retarded plate design

FOKKEN MURICHAAAAA

what the hell?

Veeky Forums Pass user since October 2016.

what the fuck is that on your post

"Veeky Forums Pass user since October 2016."

>Since the plates are octagonal shaped, they reach terminal velocity quickly and basically glide to the ground.
What did he mean by this?

Exactly what it says, Veeky Forums now marks account holders.

It' to indicate he is a Veeky Forums Pass user since October 2016.

It's to show that hes a faggot

I'm not merkin, I'm European, and I'd sue the shit out of the owner nevertheless, it's the ONLY sensible thing to do. Not just for yourself, but for the other users. This is some very dangerous stuff. You can seriously fuck up yourself if something happens. The gym owner was already alerted with these issues, before something more serious happens it's better (for everyone) to press charges.

he had an autism attack and felt like destroying physics

I go to anytime fitness, and we have pendlay equipment, not that garbage.

No. You go talk to the gym owner like a man and let him know that his equipment isn't safe. Sueing is some beta shit.

Sue him for what? What charges? If no-one got injured what do you think you can sue him for?

>No. You go talk to the gym owner like a man
Read the thread again, he did alert the gym owner some weeks ago already.
And quit this ghetto-mafia bullshit. Calling the police to prevent something worse is the only sensible thing to do. If something is dangerous, and the owner doesn't want to stop it now, you let him stop it nevertheless.
You don't need to actually get injured, it's enough that the equipment isn't safe. It's silly to wait for someone getting injured. An owner has some duties and responsibilities about preventing injuries and assuring that the equipment is functional. He's in a position of responsibility that differentiates him from a normal faggot.

>ghetto-mafia bullshit
>calling the police over faulty gym equipment
>being direct with another human is ghetto bullshit
People don't really listen to you when you talk, do they?
Call the Better Business Bureau or whatever your/his country's equivalent is in that case. Sueing is still a weak move, as a man, period. and you can project all you want but not everyone is soft and coddled and grows up with good law abiding christian influences. I'm sure you had friends that watched scarface and decided they were hard and 'affiliated' and etc all of the sudden, so I understand. Different strokes famaree

So glad my gym buys bumpers instead of these things.

>Veeky Forums Pass user since October 2016.
Good goy

I wish I had the confidence to wear socks in the gym. Feels comfy.

Lol this

>not easy to set down 365
Gitgud with RDL and you can bring any weight down with ease.
>405 x 5 and you can hear a pin drop

>Veeky Forums Pass user since October 2016.

OY VEY IDS HABBENING

Anytime fitness are usually privately owned so it depends on the owner the one I used to go to had good clean equipment, but not enough squat racks/proper strength equipment