Lifting for 3 years

>Lifting for 3 years
>Go from benching 115lb to 200lbs
>Still can't 2 plate
I don't think I'm going to make it guys.

don't feel bad faggot

i can bench 275 but have trouble squatting 225

Yeah sorry mate but if you've been lifting for 3 years and can't even lmao2pl8bench you should just give up an stop wasting your time.

This

Why do ppl on Veeky Forums care so much about 1/2/3/4, like aside from bragging to guys about how much you can lift, it makes no benefit to girls considering they prefer aesthetics over some guy doing SS.

>inb4 lol u mad u arent strong
can do 1/2/3/4 - just don't get why ppl make such a big fuss over it

Thanks Harambe.

OP ignore the faggots in this thread. Go for aesthetics instead or up your calorie intake if hitting weight goals is a big deal for you. Veeky Forums seems to think everyone can move at the same pace to lift higher weights, which isn't true at all.

>Go for aesthetics instead
how aesthetic can you be if you can't even bench 2pl8 lmao
what does 3 years mean in this context? once a week?

>aesthetics > amount of weight being able to lift
why do people not get this?
nice dub dubz though

This.
Some years ago, the meme used to be 0.75/1/1.5/2x bw

not everyone's a curlbro user

no it didn't. those are legitimate first time at the gym lifts for average people.

Dude I've been at 215 for about 10 years due to to sports injuries. If I go any higher my triceps starts fucking up and takes forever to heal.

Just lift for aesthetics user.

Fuck off newfag/troll

Thats bullshit. I've NEVER met someone who can bench body weight on their first go.

have you ever seen a person who's done even light sports in their life? not everyone starts lifting as a world of warcraft nerd you fucking loser. any type of simple high school/free time sports training which always includes some light calisthenics will make you bench more than 1pl8.

I haven't tried my 1RM since I was 14 years old but back then it was 65kg and that was LITERALLY the first time I walked into a gym. That's why I wanted to know how much I could bench since bench was the cool move.

I've been trying to get friends who have been doing sports all their life into lifting. Two footballers, one voleyballer. They had crazy good endurance and were pretty explosive, they also had a pretty good frame so generalny decentlyThey genetics. Srength-wise though they were only slightly better than an average joe who just started lifting.

>Srength-wise though they were only slightly better than an average joe who just started lifting.
I'm not saying this isn't true. I'm saying the average joe who just started lifting can bench 1pl8

also "the average joe" has done some sports training which is why i brought it up. skelly weebs are a tiny minority of the population.

I did high school wrestling/football/baseball/soccer AND Golf team.

I have NEVER seen someone bench body weight their first time in the gym.

literally nobody was talking about body weight faggot. if you're not a midget sized manlet and weigh 1pl8 you look like an auschwitz jew

I been lifting 2 years I'm at 315 u mist not be pushing youreself

DURR

wait you think the 1/2/3/4 refers to multipliers of a person's body weight?
you're too new to know the absolute basics of the most common meme on this board and you're claiming stuff that "used to apply" on here?

Why? What's wrong with lifting for fun, for health, or for looking the best that you personally can? Not everyone has the same genetics or the same work ethic or the ability to fit optimal training/diet/sleep into their lifestyle, but you don't have to be the best. As long as you look and feel better than you did when you started, then it's been worth it.

Your reading comprehension sucks

>can't even understand what he reads
>accuses people of being new

LMAO

No you fucking moron, the post you linked to and are talking about is about multiplier of body weight. Holy shit read a post before you reply to it.

Just drink two protein shakes a day three scoops a piece and do an 11 left circuit at your gym with at least 6 of those being arm workouts. If you don't have machines (shut up Veeky Forums they work up to a point at least until two plates) do bench, incline, shoulder shrugs, pull ups (weighted is better), get some Dumbbells and Curl, extend your arms with them, raise them above your head, lay down on a bench, do flys facing up ward, and then flip around to do delts. You literally only need a month or two if you are already at 200.

Alternatively don't touch your tits and start at 2pl8 half reps now and work your way down using this month.

Work out at least 4 times a week nigger

And eat at least 120 grams of whey everyday with fish oil, Cla, with before workout creatine and b vitamin/niacin pre workout. It's literally impossible to not get there if you eat for it. And part of eating for it is at least 1gram of protein per body pound.

If you are 200 pounds and 7 feet you'll need more protein so that'll be 3-4 protein shakes a day at three scoops.

Don't pay attention.

200 lbs is still a respectable bench, one of the biggest guys I knew said it took him about 3 years to or so to bench 2 pl8. After cutting and being casual he still incline benches lmao 100lbs dumbels and over 2pl8 closegrip for reps.

If you keep with it its where you end that matters most. You're still light years ahead of every fag that didn't start before and that will continue to live their life choosing the wrong foods and diets to lose weight.

I just got the image KEK

>lifting for 3 years and can't 2 playte

wtf lmao no you won't make it. Are you eating/did you start off literally in auchswitz mode?

How does this happen? I don't know if i believe you've been lifting with a steady routine for 3 years

I lift for 4 years now almost five and I only bench like 32kgs each side.

Dont believe the 135lbs memes

Dear 2plate faggots. Please post how many reps and sets you lift at 2 plate and whether you use a spotter or not. Don't ego stat no one cares.

Don't listen to this piece of shit. This guy is like those girls who tell each other that they are beautiful the way they are and don't need to change. He's the disgusting hambeast who thinks she's pretty because all her friends always comment "SO GORGEOUS" on her pictures.

That kind of damning with false praise is fucking toxic and you don't need it.

Here's the truth. If you've been lifting for 3 years and can't 2 plate, you're doing something wrong. Like, severely wrong. With a decent routine, you should hit 2 plate after at most 1-1.5 years, and thats if you start off pretty weak.

What is your routine? What is your diet? They don't even need to be optimal, just decent. If you're eating enough protein and you have a routine featuring progressive overload that you stick to, you should be able to bench 225 after 3 years of it. Assuming you lift a minimum of 4 times a week, that's 624 workouts minimum. If you're not above 2 plates in 624 workouts, you need to change some shit.

cont.

honestly, the biggest point is consistency. If you're lifting regularly and following some semblance of a routine, you should be above 2 plate, or at least at 2 plate, after 3 years.

Right now 3*8 no spotter. Traditionally, when I'm comfortable with 3*10 with no spotter I bump up 10 pounds.

I go to the gym at 12:30 at night though so I'm kind of left no option

I stopped increasing my bench after hitting 335 after 5 years lifting, because my shoulder was starting to have issues. I do 225 x 5-8 for close grip sets now, and thats about the highest I go.

Honestly forgot I didn't put that in my post.

This. Still think that -ignoring having spent 3 whole years lifting- his strength level is decent. But yes, if you were going through good linear progression you should be past it by a fair bit.

How many reps and rest time?

Best with 225 is 3 sets of 10 after benching a pr set of 285x2. Bodyweight 170

Agreed. If you can't bench 225 as a male lifter in 2 years you are either:
-Inconsistent with going to the gym
-not eating enough
-not on a proper program with high volume, intensity, and progression
Agaim, if you cant bench 2plates after 2 years you are fucking up in 1 or more MAJOR areas.

>lifting for girls