Foam rolls

Foam rolls.
Are they worth it? I sometimes saw anons talking about them.
Share experiences please.

I don't understand what they do or the need for them

Muscles feel good when massaged after workout. Massages are inconvenient. Foam rollers let you massage yourself

From what i understand they are a self massage tool.
You are supposed to roll over them and loosen up tense muscles.
Im sceptical about their effectiveness

results may vary on them. Some people swear they are godly
but imo foam rolling fucked up my shit worse.
Just doing the movements and stretching helped more. than spending 10-20mins foam rolling in pain

I have hyperlordosis and bought a foam roll.
It hurts as fuck and I never managed to make a routine out of using it, but it seems good.

Now that you mention I think I'll start using mine again.

If you're gonna get one, get one of the big ones, they're better for some reason that I can't remember.

I use them to roll out the muscles before the workout. I think they are a good warmup tool.

They help me with my sore lats A LOT like if I don't foam roll my lats before my workout I have a much higher chance of them being really sore.

foam roll is the goat. Used to have fucking terrible knee pain but now it's gone.
Honestly, foam rolling for 10 mins before bed is
all I do and it made me feel far better

spotted the DYELs

they're the biggest meme going right after that duct tape ship people put on themselves

hows your third week at the gym? have you thought about stretching?

Foam rolling your spine with your own weight seems like a "not" very good idea.

I stretch before bed in the evening and foamroll after bed in the morning.
About 20 minutes each.

Post yfw foam rolling after heavy deadlifts.

Used mine once and was in the hospital the day after getting painkillers.

My physician told me to use them to help my hip along with stretching.
it seems to have worked.

i can't really attest much to their effectiveness for massaging muscles, but holy hell foam rolling my iliotibial band helped a ton with my knee pain.

i've also used them to massage my quads when they got really sore back when i first started lifting. it seemed to help some but i certainly wouldn't call it crucial.

I only foamroll my legs, ass and hipflexors. Never shins or back. Rolling my back really made it fubar. You have to be careful rolling those parts, shins are definate nono even if you have splints.

Foamrolling with the proper hard studded roll is just fucking godtier. Really loosens muscles and improves flexibility

Foam rolling is king, but dont roll your IT bands. that shit is pure pain and always will be. Normally soreness means you really needed the job.

My recovery has speed up thanks to it, and a tennis ball. It feels good too!

It's a toothbrush for muscles. You brush your teeth don't you user?

if you do it often it doesn't hurt as much.

Use a tennis ball

You know those days where you went to hard for the next 3 days you can't lift your arms above your head because they hurt so bad?

This fixes that.