If I want wide shoulders should I focus more on "upper back muscles" or "lats"

if I want wide shoulders should I focus more on "upper back muscles" or "lats"

Other urls found in this thread:

elitefts.com/news/what-muscle-proportions-create-the-ideal-aesthetic-physique/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"both"

SQWATZ N OTS

Lats will make that v taper pop. That being said, making sure u have big shoulders and traps along with traps are a necessity. Do diddlys and ohps op

Along with lats*

Lats are a large part of the upper back muscles
Other important muscles are traps and delts

ok good point but I was more thinking of a situation where the same exercise can be done with varying grips to target either one. which to choose? or alternate?

also how important is mid back to that v taper look? I feel like all the rows and such I do train my middle black a lot more than upper back for some reason
thanks I do train DL and OHP and do shrugs. I'm not worried about my delts/shoulder area itself just the back leading up to it

ohh so "upper back muscles" also refers to traps and delts? what are these miscellanious muscles here then? these are the ones I'd like to target. aren't traps that kinda sideways muscle right below this?

Do pull up

it doesn't really feel like pull ups hit those "high rowing" muscles I want to

>wide shoulders

G E N E T I C S S O N

pendlay rows.

That is because they don't.

Do face pulls and cable rows while making sure your scapula pull together to activate the traps and rhomboids.

rhomboids

If you want wide shoulders, get strong at overhead press. Do more volume on side raises

If you press 120dbs in each hand for shoulder presses, do you think you will have small shoulders?

if you want wide shoulders, work on your shoulders.

something else that works, albeit long term, is swimming. shit will give you incredibly broad shoulder aesthetics. but fact check this, most competitive swimmers started as kids so it might only stretch your shoulders while they are growing as a kid.

wide classical mode = lats and side delts

thick tower mode = traps, rhomboids and side delts

elitefts.com/news/what-muscle-proportions-create-the-ideal-aesthetic-physique/

>Do face pulls and cable rows
hmm ok I already do both of these but they both seem to target my mid back more than upper back. maybe I'll experiement more with my form to see if I'll find a way to hit higher

Look at all these posts. The answer is get strong overall and work every muscle in your body basically.

I'm glad to hear that tbqh. I wasn't looking for a shortcut I was just afraid I might be neglecting something without realizing.

face pulls are incredibly important in making your chest stick out more, your posture better, and consequently your shoulders sticking out more. doing only pushes like bench press will give you a caveman look and kills your shoulder aesthetics

>I want wide shoulders
>should I work this back muscle or this other back muscle

obviously I work the actual shoulder muscles as well but you can't deny back plays a huge role in how your overall body shape looks

That is a confirmation bias. Swimming does not produce wide shoulders - kids with wide shoulders excel at swimming.

Same way basketball will not make you taller. Those who are tall excel at basketball.