Have any of you Veeky Forumsguys considered joining the military...

Have any of you Veeky Forumsguys considered joining the military? I'm thinking of applying for the [spoiler]british[/spoiler] army.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KP6oWExnoRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You'll lose all your gains if you do

join the paras or the marines don't be a pussy

I'm actually too old to join either. I'm 27.

you can be 33 for the marines i think

Yeah I'm planning on joining the marines before I turn 20. I won't pass out while I'm still 19 though

>dog tag selfies
>selfies in uniform
>doing both of these while shirtless

Maximum faggot

I'm assigned for the norwegian kings guard next monday

PREPARE TO GET KEKED BY THE JEWS

Mohamed plz go

You will lose a lotta gains at basic
But your endurance and cardio will go up so there's that

I'm going to try for the marines in the new year. I'm just not sure what sort of training routine i should be doing.

Military is all about muscle endurance.

Wanting to die like a slave for Israels Internists.
wew.

Run, run and run some more. Seriously, it's never gonna be enough, but every mile you do now will make it easier when someone's screaming at you to do it and you've had 4 hours' sleep.

Lots of push-ups is also a good call.

Well another concern is my weight. I'm only 150lbs, it makes me think i could do with gaining some so i was thinking how i could combine some strength training with the cardio and push ups. Or maybe i'm just over complicating things.

I'm training for Panzergrenadier right now.

Doing 5x5 SL three days a week and running a C25K app three other days of the week. Getting inducted on the 1st of January. Also on a hard cut to get less fat so I can do all the cardio that they'll be asking of me better.

>MUHREEEEENS

14/88

I'm actually contemplating on applying for the British Army, or Royal Navy. I just need to get Veeky Forums. I feel like it'd be a good way to learn new skills.

Fukkin BOOT, LID, JOOB whatever you want to call it. Take your pick

>not acknowledging how wet girls get looking at this image
ISHYGDDT

There is literally nothing wrong with Israel

>literally nothing wrong with Israel
>literally
Pretty sure there's a lot of dead Palestinian babies that would beg to differ.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>Doing 5x5 SL three days a week and running a C25K app three other days of the week
prepping for RAN and this is what i'm doing too

brother

youtube.com/watch?v=KP6oWExnoRQ

Was in the process of joining the navy until I talked to someone in it and I found out my recruiter was lying to me about certain benefits, lifestyle, tours etc.
I just realized I could do more for myself in 4 years than the military could do for me.

That'd get me kicked out.

If you get a degree I think for some jobs they will take you up to the age of 35. (42 for docs I think)

Tbh dude I honestly feel like the military is a better choice. My buddy joined the Navy and I joined the Army at the sametime. He got a tour in different parts of Asia for about 6-9 months. I was able to go to different parts of Europe but was stationed in the states. If you pick a good job to go in the military it'll be a great path due to the fact you get your college paid for and you can even knock out courses while you're in.
tl;dr: if you're smart enough you could take complete advantage of the benefits in the military. If you're a lazy piece of shit you'll just waste your 4 years.

Want to get back in shape just can't seem to get motivated !

>two months into camp

>two months into forgetting how to count calories
That's not happening to me.

I even made a bet with my buddies to get out of the training shredded. I intend to win it.

>thinking you'll get over the peer pressure of not finishing your daily uberbulk meals

You will fail.

German chow hall in basic is apparently kinda structured like a buffet. I'll just max out on the chicken breast and eat some minor carbs to get them glycowhatsits maxed out for the daily training.

Do purely calisthenics and running more mass you build the more weight you have to move if you do do any type of weight lifting do deadlifts coupled with lots and lots of calisthenics maybe ruck walks idk much about British military but i assume not much of a difference

no because i graduated high school and went to college. good luck being a welfare queen and dealing with PTSD.

I'm too intelligent to join the military

US Navy fag here. Aviation.

What were yr astb scores?

Join the RAF Regiment.
They are very highly respected and are counted amoungst the Paras and the Royal Marines as elite forces.

Be sure to remind any red or green berets of this when you meet them on a night out.

Don't do this. It produces chlorine gas.

57/6/5/5 on the old one.

I enlisted in the us army a few weeks about and got one more week to ship, join if you want you every one has a different reason to join. just make sure it's a good reason and it's something you're set on doing. Nothing is more shit then wasted time brah

Was debating joining the Air Force in the States, my test scores were pretty top notch back when I was in highschool. I imagine those will carry over if I were to take the ASVAB again. Also yes, I want to join the Air force because I am aware the chances of me being in a combat zone with my scores are neglible.

French Foreign Legion in January.
Im currently at

6k 20 min
3k 7min

178lbs ATM 6 foot
working calisthenics, no isolation. full body splits.
In addition, I do the following everyday
20 punch ups, 3 sets everyday.
Pull ups 10 reps or muscle failure, 3 reps.
Block sprint, 800 meters
Hill sprints, 4 inclines with a 20lb vest.

Hardest part is eating enough food. Im supplementing and it helps like a motherfucker. Im just sick of pasta, chicken, beef, eggs, oatmeal, and bagels.

Im getting stronger but I don't look it, Can barely see my abs but i can plank for days.

I meant PUSH up, not PUNCH up.
not laying down, punching the ground repeatedly.

currently in the Navy, fucking love it.wanna see the world?join the Navy

Only good palestinian is a dead palestinian

>3k 7 min
how is this possible?
guys that were fucking skellys who ran for a living got 10 mins on 3.2k at our pt tests
anyways good luck in ffl might not be what you expect but good luck anyways

Thinking about joining the Candian Naval forces, anything I should know?

What should I prep for? I'm in pretty good shape/size compared to a lot of people applying I would imagine.

Please fucking don't man. Take it from someone whose in the service. Look man, It's not worth it.

Because he's a useless faggot who is talking out of his ass. Eight minutes to complete 2.4km is incredibly quick.

You, , fucking uppercut yourself.

I'm in the Marines waiting training for recon. Ask away

y r u stupid as fuk

Basic tomorrow, German here.
I'm afraid of losing gains, but we don't do a lot of running n shit(marches instead) so I guess it's fine

>being this mad at one of the last somewhat manly jobs
I think you regret some life choices dude

Yeah, I go to basic today.

congratz on beating the 3k world record by 20 seconds i guess

Reminder that joining the military is LITERALLY signing up to be cucked, and 95% of military wives and girlfriends cheat on their husbands/bfs. Enjoy crawling around in the mud being shot at in a third world country for a low wage while some random guy fucks your wife and the military industrial complex jews count their money.

FUCK dude that guy needs to squish that spider on his hand FAST! It could bite him!

ayy former danish guard here, prepare to get your back rekt

>3 km in 7 min

I find that awfully hard to believe, but if thats true, nice.

Lifting weights can absolutely benefit you, just don't neglect your cardio and incorporate calisthenics at the end of your lifting. Get used to running on short amount of sleep as well.

>source
Currently in A School for Navy Corpsman. Heading to FMTB in January. Got FMF Corpsman orders for 2nd Marine Division.

As far as distance running goes, it's mostly a mental game you play with yourself.

But the best take away is really any type of training you do in preparation is better than nothing.

It's fine, I want to die in a third-world shithole anyway.

If it doesn't work out then there's always Légion Étrangère.

The only thing being Veeky Forums got me was no pt formation since my fitness scores were high enough already.

Are you an American m8? How long was the joining process to finally get in?

What will be your job in FFL user?

>2016
>Joining the military
If you're in the U.S. the military's gone to shit, especially after they let women join and it could be argued it was always this way. Also what's the point in stupidly dying in a pointless conflict for a bunch of idiots, we all know unless your in an actuial revolution or some shit like that, there's nothing actually worth fighting for anymore

Hey, Gooo, how's it goin?

>dying
>he doesn't join to do some POG job like professional logistics technician, refrigeration equipment tech or medical assistant that is a) giving you bluecollar skills and certs that are worth mad money back IRL, b) are ludicrously far away from any actual combat and c) absolutely 100% necessary to running an army given how high tech everything has become nowadays
>he doesn't then take these certs and skills and do some well-paying but minor job while coasting through the education system on the GI bill
Those who stick their necks out (smartly) get mad advantages. Too bad you're too fuckin thick to spot the easymodo way through. And I'm not even American.

I'm in the US army so I'm not sure how it compares to what the brits do

Its going to be a constant battle between being really strong or really fast. Pick one and stick with it or you'll come to regret it.

This guy fucks.
My IT guys at my unit all work help desk jobs while going to university. You """""smart""""" neckbeards can enjoy being NEETs.

Gotta say, good combat physique. People forget that looking good doesn't mean shit when you're in a pickle.
Pic related: I'd be called DYEL here, but I've gotten out of some scrapes at my current physique.

>3000 Metres 7:20.67 Daniel Komen

Well. Shit. Okay well obviously I fucked something up.
Something i'm doing is obviously wrong. I used the stop watch on my phone and marked off at two separate telephone poles, each 1500 meters apart. I run them twice at a full sprint. breathing 3x3.

I'm not talking out my ass, i've clearly mad a mistake in my measuring or timing. I used telephone poles at a distance of 90 meters to double check my original route on google maps.

Muh nigga.
Canadian. I already speak conversational french, (Acadian).

Im not in yet, i got my ticket for this January 2017.
I understand it's about three weeks in pre selection. Ideally I want to be in the 2REP.
It's incredibly unlikely but Im going to push for it anyway.

Whole reason i want to join is active military service. Canada's AF are poor as fuck, I have a few friends who are officers and they hate it. Obviously they don't preech on social media but the gist of it is, it's a boys club that sits around stroking their cocks and drinking beer.
They can't even call recruits overweight due to harassment clauses or whatever.