Well, Crossfit Football is closing down and transitioning into some paid program...

Well, Crossfit Football is closing down and transitioning into some paid program. Can anyone give me a good alternative similar to CFFB or have the workouts saved somewhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160419161529/http://crossfitfootball.com/category/wod/
huskers.com/pdf8/836632.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100
thepinnacleselfdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/horseman-workout-program.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just come to the dark-side and start bodybuilding.

I like how the guy got rid of everything after coming out with the news. Smart move so no one goes back and saves everything, but also a cunt move.

I'm not sure if there are more crossfit powerlifting type programs out there.

Bump?

>Crossfit

Just pay the 10$ you fucking faggot, but two less beers a month

The guy says he isn't charging for the workouts themselves, but the app he had made. Who the fuck cares about the app.

>good alternative similar
>crossfit
0/10, apply yourself

Right. I've read thru it and seen nothing about that. Every elite crossfit program has a paid portion, the man is a genius with programming and its just not worth it to keep offering it free. If your gym fee went up 10$ would you leave or stay if the gym has been providing you quality for 8 years? If you leave, fuck you. You didn't deserve it to begin with. If you stay, good you recognize the quality of the program.

What is this and why should I care

You were saying

Lol, why you so high and mighty about wanting to pay for the program?

Anyway OP, here you go:

web.archive.org/web/20160419161529/http://crossfitfootball.com/category/wod/

I stand corrected but what I've said still stands. Considering 3% of people were truly taking part in the community there was no way to improve the program. It's 10$ and if you've read any of his blog posts or listened to the podcast that's not the way.

Nice ego pride there, pleb.

OP, I'm the guy that posted Use the web.archive.org for the website and you can pretty much see most if not all of their archived WOD posts. Hope this helps.

However, why do you like CF Football so much? There honestly isn't much that is special to it. It seems like a mediocre strength and conditioning workout with very little rhyme or reason to the programming. There are oodles of actually good S&C programs out there that will make you more well-rounded. Good luck with your training.

Regular cossfit was too easy, I was doing sealfit for a bit, wanted to give CFFB a shot. What programs do you suggest?

>deserve
At least we know their cult tactics still work fine.

Post your body or lifting vids, I'm curious as to the results of these 'genius' programs.

I mean, here's an actual football S&C program from the Nebraska Huskers (WARNING: direct PDF download): huskers.com/pdf8/836632.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100

thepinnacleselfdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/horseman-workout-program.pdf

Enjoy

Meh, not bad in that at least it's all laid out. But there's little programming sense to be found.

Tweak it if you need to make it make more sense for you personally

There's too much tweaking you would have to do - the program is nonsensical.

That program is basically what makes me irritated towards Crossfit - they don't even program.

A solid S&C program would have distinct strength and conditioning programming and phases with progressive strength building, conditioning building, etc.

This Horseman program, like CF Football, just does random stuff each day to make you feel like you're accomplishing something, but instead you just spin your wheels and probably overtrain.

It's separated into training phases in the first few pages. Also, the structure really isn't that complicated if you actually look at it

No. Sorry, friend, but those "training phases" are BS. And the structure isn't complicated, I never said that. I said it was nonsensical. And to be honest, it would actually have to have a structure to be called "nonsensical". "Nonexistent" is probably more appropriate.

You don't build strength by picking and choosing between a dozen or so barbell/KB circuits every day. You do it through planning and tracking with similar or same lifts so that you actually know you are progressing on something. It's called the specificity principle - you get better at something by training it as specifically as possible. If you train a squat two days out of the month in some sort of odd circuit workout, you won't get much better at a squat.

>You don't build strength by.....

There's where the issue is. It's not a strength program. There are strength goals, and the strength workouts work toward those. But the very first line of the whole doc explains the purpose of the program.

Again, tweak it. Or completely rearrange it. Or don't do it at all, I don't really care. It was just my submission to OP's request.

Basically the creator got butthurt that people were there just for the WoD and not "participating".