Extremely sore lower back after deadlifts

i did 5 sets of 10 reps at 275 pounds. my back was sore as fuck for 10-15 minutes afterwards to the point where standing was fatiguing

what gives, brehs? am i snapping my shit up, or is it supposed to be like this?

also, where should my head be looking when i diddy? is pic related bad form?

>5 sets of 10 on fucking dls
Gee I wonder what the issue could be.

don't tell me you do low rep high weight deadlifts, user.

it's like you want to experience all the disadvantages of deadlifting (snap city) while getting none of the benefits (insane lower back and hamstring pump)

fat powerlifter pls go

If your positive your form was good, you should be alright.
I do that once a month or so, once i settle in a good deadlift routine I destroy my back by going up 20 pounds, increasing reps, adding a set, and plowing through the workout.
I can barely get out of bed the next day, but its a good pain.
when I deadlift again later in the week I feel like a new beast with new muscles and nerves unlocked, and I can pull the weight much easier than I could before. you will know when you reach your limit. I worked out in highschool, so im using this 'shortcut' to get back to my 400 deadlift in 6-8 months or so. Dont do this if you dont have a baseline strength and nerves from previous training.

agreed.
High weight 1-3RM diddys should be done sparingly and cautiously.

i had a few more in the tank every set. i held back because i felt like form was going to collapse, so overall i'm fairly certain my form was top notch.

you've eased my mind a bit, user. thanks

right? unless i feel as if i need an ego boost due to plateauing, you'll never see me maxing diddies.

if somebody wants to prove me wrong, i'm open to reason, but i see no reason to do heavy deadlifts unless you're competing

Lmao, DYEL twink pls go.

i'm sorry you feel the need to prove yourself by lifting heavy weights. not everybody is capable of living the chad lifestyle

>doing low reps high weight will snap your shit up!!!
>guys why am I in extreme pain after doing 5 sets of 10

>implying

I'm 6'2, 212, 13% bf, eat pizza on a biweekly basis, and have literally every cute girl I work with crushing after me.

I've done stupid low weight high rep deadlifts before. They're retarded.

>275
>grinding my spine into dust and asking Veeky Forums for help

>I know about to deadlift

deadlifts give a special type of soreness when you break plateaus.
heres a tip:
if your questioning whether its soreness from muscle tearing, or an injury, its the former.
you will KNOW when its an injury. there wont be any doubt.
also head is tilted too high in op pic. head should be angled perpendicular to your spine, so at the start of the lift youll be looking at the floor ahead of you.

A set or two of 5-8 reps is heavy enough for most people to gain both size and strength without absolutely killing your back.

Stimulate not annihilate

>implying i ever said i felt pain
>reading comprehension this bad
jesus, you don't lift and you're still a meathead

>feels the need to tell me his e-stats
>unironically thinks he's chad
kys

>baby who doesn't push himself in his workouts
>ever making it
kek

reassuring, man. thanks. yeah, there's nothing that i'd associate with pain going on right now, so i'm hoping i'm fine

theres nothing wrong with destroy your back in a proper workout.
4 heavy sets of 10 with some bedrest the next day will do things to your CNS that wouldnt believe.

Your setup sucks and you aren't engaging your posterior chain like you should. Go learn how to RDL and try again.

And quit doing 50 reps.

okay. not really sure what you mean by that, but i'll be sure to add some RDLs to my program

What makes you think I'm e-statting user? I have a 285 paused bench, 475 squat and 525 deadlift.

I have literally no reason to lie.

>doing deadlifts for reps
Not any of those guys, but what you're doing is not giving you any of the benefits of a heavy deadlift and all of the risks.

i am not sure what risks you speak of. lifting at a weight i can easily maintain proper form for is risky?

as for benefits, let me guess, i'm missing out on muh central nervous system shock that only happens when i lift heavy? don't make me laugh

Check your form and make sure to rest enough between sets

>le deadlift are risky and should only be done once every solar eclipse meme
All of you are just afraid of putting effort into lifting
>inb4 "you're not lifting heavy enough if you want to do more sets"
Effort=/=Maxing out every session

As a natural lifter you don't stimulate muscle growth the same way you do when going heavy as when you go do 50 reps of light weight. It's about frequency and volume as a natural lifter. 5x5 @80% your 1rm will lead to more muscle growth for a natural lifter than 5x10 @60% your 1rm.

But what do I know, I'm an anonymous poster on an American, Japanese inspired, anime image board. For all you know I may be pot bellied and noodle armed. It's just a risk you have to take.

>am i snapping my shit up

Yep

> is pic related bad form?
Keep neck aligned with spine, so don't look up

Seriously, take a break and see a doctor. Sounds like you fucked up and if you keep lifting you might make it worse

I talk from experience after experiencing similar pain after a heavy lowbar squat. I kept lifting and after that I had chronic back pain for a year until I finally dragged my ass to a doctor and stopped lifting heavy for a long time.

>>As a natural lifter you don't stimulate muscle growth the same way you do when going heavy as when you go do 50 reps of light weight. It's about frequency and volume as a natural lifter. 5x5 @80% your 1rm will lead to more muscle growth for a natural lifter than 5x10 @60% your 1rm.
Maybe slightly since a set of 5 at 80% is closer to failure than a set of 10 at 60%. Otherwise the weight on the bar don't matter that much, as long as it's heavier than like ~60% of 1RM. What matters more is training volume(or maybe numbers of sets) over a time period. Intensity is what forces strength and muscle gains, but training volume is the multiplier.