Are grippers just a meme? I've been using a set for weeks and still don't see any results in the slightest...

Are grippers just a meme? I've been using a set for weeks and still don't see any results in the slightest. I've measured too.

I used them religiously for about a month and I saw absolutely zero improvements in neither aesthetics nor strength.

Definite meme

I got them because my deadlift was plateauing not because of my back being tired but because my hands couldnt handle the weight. Started a grip strength routine for a month and saw my DL go up about 35lbs

These things suck but fat gripz has a noticeable gain on my grip strength and forearms just putting them on all my bar bell and dumb bell exercises.

they're 100% a meme
just do farmers walks
you too

I've got the CoC #1, was only able to close it about 3 times when first got it. Now I can do 10 strict reps in a set. Just ordered #2.

They are only a meme if you get shitty weak ass nigga grippers and you don't train with them correctly.

oh btw coc#1 is like 140 lbs and #2 is like 195lbs

I feel less like a tool with my gay fat gripz than walking around the gym with barbells like a retard. Shit is pretty crowded.

>I feel less like a tool with my gay fat gripz than walking around the gym with barbells like a retard. Shit is pretty crowded.
>i'm worried about what everyone else at the gym thinks of me
never gonna make it

>spending $40 on two (2) pieces of rubber

You don't do farmers walks with barbells. Shit just doesn't work.

Thanks guys this was the push I needed to finally kill myself.

yeh bruh, got #1 too, tried first time after doing rows, fucked my right forearm, feelsbadman

Do farmer's walks with completely smooth 45s.

Your pinch grip will be apeshit.

You don't squeeze them for reps, you hold onto them for as long as you can

They work wonders for strentgh, for size? not so much
I had the most size gain from doing claw curls and heavy holds

If you buy them at a store they are usually a meme. Captain of crush is not a meme though. I started barely able to close 80 pounds from a general dicks sporting goods gripper. It takes months to train just like any other muscle, but now I can close c of c 2 which is 195 pounds, and I'm working on closing 2.5 on my way to 3.

Bonus: if you can crush number 3 you can get a certified certificate that you are a meme.

Strongest is no 4, which if you can close, you can theoretically crush a raw potato in your hand.

Honestly though they have improved my lifts in general and have made my hands much stronger.

Anyone used these before? Apparently they work just as well as CoC and you can get 3 separate grip weights for the same price as 1 CoC.

What coc gripper did you start on?

Literally trainer senpai. I think that shit was 80 pounds and I couldn't close it in January. I also couldn't open jars very well. And now I can get 2.5 halfway and I can close 2.0.

Got a routine that you do on them?

Grippers are a good tool for getting better at closing grippers and strengthening the muscles needed to close grippers. If you're an idiot and do them because of some other reason they're a meme.

They work fine for me, got the 100, 150, 200 and 250. Apparently they're not calibrated as accurately but the difference between a 150lb gripper and a 153lb one is so small it's not worth paying twice the price for the CoC stuff.

Yeah why would you ever require the muscles needed to close your hands really tight around something? I mean it's not like I grab a heavy bar and move it around multiple times a week...

they work, but they are definitely less durable than CoC's. Those cheaper ones tend to either wear out (less resistance) or even snap after some use. Just go with CoC's. it really takes quite the effort before you master one , so it takes quite a while before youll have to buy another one. Personally CoC's have improved my grip alot, aswell as the size of my forearms.

>CoC's have improved my grip alot, aswell as the size of my forearms.

Yeah my forearms already look more full and joocey after using coc#1

My forearms grew from using grips? Wtf are they meant for?

>Yeah why would you ever require the muscles needed to close your hands really tight around something? I mean it's not like I grab a heavy bar and move it around multiple times a week...
In exactly what lift will your grip strength limit you in a way that grippers would help?
>inb4 deadlifts
Grippers barely help with deadlift grip, you're using a static grip in deadlifts and grippers train your dynamic grip strength. Heavy holds with mixed grip(or hook if you use that) is better for deadlift grip strength.

many years ago my hands hurt when i squeezed them.
Got grippers and used them for a few min couple times a day. Hands felt much better.

other than that they suck. do farmers.

same bro. 10 reps on the #1.

I have the adjustable ones.

Started out in May with 3 x 10 at 30 pounds and now have them maxed out at 100 pounds.

Just gave them a quarter turn everyday and use them while shitposting.

Forearms only grew about 1 and 3/4 of an inch (I also do wrist curls 3 days a week), but they have great definition now. It's something.

Grippers are good for training crush power. This usually is only useful in sports like wrestling and bjj.

To train for your deadlifts, you should just practice letting a heavy bar hang in your grip.

What grip strength exercises are actually proven to be effective? Aside from farmers walks of course. Are towel pull ups any good or are they inferior to regular pullups?

My results from that meme exercises

They made you grow new veins?

Same here, I also have the adjustable ones and give them a quarter turn every time. It definitely makes a difference

They are good if you do rock climbing

I got mine for like $7 with shipping on Amazon and definitely got my money out of them. Figured they'd break but they didn't.

Now I just have to find another cheap set that goes over 100 pounds.

They made the lights turn on?

Never got a lot out of ironmind grippers, a lot of it is technique. Plate pinches, levering, and double overhand grip is where its at famalams.