Help. how many sets and reps for these exercises if i want hypertrophy?

i cant find a good online resource/database with rep ranges for individual exercises

Romanian deadlift
barbell glute bridge
sumo squats
wide stance leg press
cable kickbacks

Would this be okay for a lober body day in an upper lower split? im doing leg press or squat, not both and i dont want huge quads, i want it butt focused.

Fuck off

3x12 add weight once a week

Can pretty much recommend 8-12 across the board on those excercises, except I lean towards going heavier on my hip thrusts ("barbell glute bridges" lmao) depends on your glute function, I can get away with 5-8

read it twice. now answer my question.

Do the excercises and see what feels good for you. If youre asking about rep ranges I can guarantee youre nowhere near experienced enough to be worrying about optimal ranges for individual excercises. You will learn with time.

please help. im not doing ss so help with my basic routine

Romanian deadlift 3x10
barbell glute bridge 4x8

sumo squats 3x10 or
wide stance leg press 3x10

cable kickbacks 3x10

i chose ten bc its an easy number. is this good for building big legs and butt? or could i add more?

are back extensions useful? im wondering if im missing any muscles? is there anything i should add to target glutes or are they covered?

Sure dude, I got you

First Id start with a global 5 sets, 3 sets is a meme range for experienced lifters who can confidently get the most out of every set, if youre just starting out there's a but of a wind up as far as getting into the groove.

10 reps is fine for Romanians, be careful with them though and really focus on the amount of time you spend under tension and keep the load on your hammies and glutes as much as possible.

I wouldnt use leg press personally because its just a redundant trash machines compared to free weight. Ten reps is fine for sumos as well but the problem with them is they tend to cause knee collapse to a very large degree, keep an eye on that and if you have issues arise with your hips, clicking and pulling, etc you WILL need to look at glute med isolation to keep you strong in abduction (outward movement of the leg) most fitness girls who recommend sumo squats don't worry about mentioning that shit because their glute function is top 0.1% seeing as its all they fucking train lmao

Kickbacks are great, I wish I could do them without looking like I'm gay

Glute bridges rock, do them lots and focus on the contraction at the top of every rep, look up Brett Contreras on YouTube, he's literally the God of glute excercises.

Don't worry about increasing reps so much, like I said, once you're in the gym regularly you change reps to suit your mood and goals anyways. Lower reps are technically better for strength gains but I'm not a huge supporter of them, I have some reservations, scientifically mostly, about how much they alter the overall shape of your muscle and how harmful they are.

Back extensions are a good starting excercises for lower back, I hit them occasionally but spinal stability is 70% core strength.

I think that's about it.

Actually just isolate glute med and you adductors right off the bat. Just use cables. Thing with Veeky Forums is most users are fairly inactive due to the demographic so I can assume you spend a lot of time sitting and need to work on that regardless, also start planking and doing leg raises now.

I'm pretty sure leg raises, being primarily done by shortening the hip flexors, are not the greatest of ideas for someone who spends a lot of time sitting around and likely has chronically tight hip flexors.

100% correct, a muscle is shortened when you use it. I recommend it due to the fact that it strengthens the hip flexors, utilizing a muscle group that is immobile is only an issue when you aren't correcting it actively which adduction and abduction work along with extreme levels of glute isolation would do.

is 3x10 rdl too much?

i want size

should i add lying leg curl and calf raises? how many sets and reps for these?

No that's fine soul sista and yeah, throw in hammy curls if you want, do your best to focus on keeping the hammy under tension at a lower weight with them though, high hamstring tendinopathy is hell and very hard to adress, calf raises are cool too, I recommend seated because they utilize more of the soleus.

Oh and just keep it at 12 for both. I hear people doing fucking 50 reps for calves and I just laugh. Worthless returns.

Romanian deadlift 3x10
barbell glute bridge 4x8
sumo squats 3x10 (alt: wide stance leg press 3x10)
cable kickbacks 3x10
lying leg curl 3x10
seated calf raises 3x10

i just need to remember and 3x10 is easy

is this good for hypertrophy? is 3x10 rdl and 3x10 sumo squat too much?

Yeah it should be fine dude and can't stress enough to push yourself and focus on form over anything else. If youre pushing yourself hard enough you'll never need to go particularly heavy until much later in your lifting adventures, time under tension and controlled reps are fucking painful and that's why people don't do them, so yeah don't be like them and good luck

bruh im a girl
and thanks

>i cant find a good online resource/database with rep ranges for individual exercises

Because individual exercises don't have one, single, universal ideal rep range. It depends on your goals, which is what you should've learned from your two readings of the sticky.

whatever. why come in here and not answer my question? im going to do what i want so why not help? im not doing ss

Please be in Melbourne

I always found kettlebell swings to heavily hit my glutes if you have access to them I would recommend using them for your conditioning or assistance work.

Also post butt.