Veeky Forums I'm embarassed. I've been lifting for 2 months and for some reason I was doing poorly today...

Veeky Forums I'm embarassed. I've been lifting for 2 months and for some reason I was doing poorly today. on my last bench rep, I couldnt lift a measely 115 lbs. I had to whine "excuse me" like four times until a real man came and helped me.

why did this happen? why dont I see this happen to others? will I ever make it?

Need more preworkout bro

Everybody has those days where you don't perform or you lack motivation... Fucking chill.

yeah I'm ok with that but I'm embarassed I needed to cry for help. I never saw that happen and I'm wondering how bigger dudes avoid this while still consistently increasing their weights

benching in a rack having a spot or just knowing if you got the last rep

I did take preworkout but for some reason it didn't effect me today. I usually get all tingly but it never clicked.

am I building up a tolerance? I slept plenty and ate healthy yesterday (less than normal, but still got plenty of protein)

Why didn't you just roll the bar off you?

if you don't have a spotter at least know the emergency techniques

vegan lifters dont have this problem

I didnt want to hit the guy next to me or anything. I guess I couldve rolled it to my hips then sat up? dont know why I didnt think of that but that seems like a good idea

you browse fit and dont want to hit on a guy? wat

155lb is a lot bro. How did you calculate that? 115 from both sides or 115 on each side?

the weakest calculation possible (35 on each side plus 45lb bar)

100 at the left, 55 on the right bra

ive saved at least a handful of newbies who failed their last rep, we're all here to improve and it's not really embarrasing at all. realize that it's fine, keep liftan and ull make it brah

No way...what the FUCK? How fucking PATHETIC.

they've just been doing it for alot longer, I'm sure they had similar things happen when they were starting out.

Also, always use a spotter on bench.

thank u Veeky Forums

Dude, YOU are lifting a lot and risking injury if you fail. Don't be discouraged. I bench 3pl8 now and I've failed consistently at least once every month since I started two years ago, because I'm always too nervous to ask for a spotter. I have the scars to show for it. No one will judge you and anyone who is nearby will be quick to help because they've all been there.

It takes time to add weight. Just keep at it.

If you can't get a spotter, there are two ways I know how to fail out of a bench. It'd be smart to learn them, but it'd be smarter to get a lifting buddy or just get a spotter.

Stop trying so hard to make gains. Focus on form. Nobody will look at tiny weight and think “what is that guy doing?” if you have good form and struggle towards the end of your last few reps of your last set. But if you try to move up too quickly to weights you can't handle (as you clearly did) then people will think you are a tool.

Seriously, don't worry about the weight on the bar. If you focus on having good form while also lifting enough that it's not comfortable then the gains will come and you will very quickly be lifting respectable weights (within 4 months provided your diet is good too).

It's because of your diet OP if you hasn't switched to an all vegan diet your missing out on the gains you could be making bro.

The meat breaks down into smaller particles and clogs the veins leading to your arms = causing you to become weaker as time goes on.

You're probably not focused enough on it. I had the same problem.

Depending on when you work out, do this 4 hours before (if you work out in the evening that's even better because you can spend the whole day visualising this). Put on the clothes that you will be wearing to the gym and listen to your favourite gym music.
Visualise yourself in the gym lifting the weight. Visualise yourself in the same clothes, with the same music, the barbell making contact with your shirt, and you pushing it up. Close your eyes and feel it - make yourself believe that you've already done it. Realize that it is easy. Then when it comes to actually go to the gym you are just repeating what you've already done in your mind.
This may sound retarded but it really helps me alot.