Qtddtot questions that don't deserve there own thread

Qtddtot questions that don't deserve there own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I decide to start getting my deadlift ahead of my squat seeing as I never improved my grip strength and it got surpassed. Working on hook grip but it seems more difficult to learn than all other techniques prior.

Should I just stay with mixed on working sets and try to hook warm ups?

Squat working 300, dead working 360 mixed, about equal with squat double overhand but non hook.

What can I replace quinoa with?

Frankomans db routine adjusted give me advices on it or should i do pic related instead if so help me put more volume on it
Dumbbell Bench press 4x 12,10,8
Dumbbell Flys 4x 12,10,8
Skullcrusher 4x 12,10,8
Dumbbell Tricep Kickback 4x 12,10,8
One Arm Seated 4x 12,10,8 Dumbbell Extension 4x 12,10,8

Tuesday - Rest Day

Wednesday - back and BicepsBack
One Arm Dumbbell Row 4x 12,10,8
Bent Over rows 4x 12,10,8
Dumbbel pullover 4x 12,10,8
Concentrated db curl 4x 12,10,8
Db curl 4x 12,10,8
Cross Body Hammer Curl 4x 12,10,8

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - Legs and shoulders
Arnold press 4x 12,10,8
Upright row 4x 12,10,8
Lateral raise 4x 12,10,8
Lying hip abduction 3 x 29
Side bridge each Side de 3x 30
Front bridge 3x30
Weightened crunch 3x20
Weightened leg raises 3x29
Russian twists 3x30

do weighted push ups work

5ft3 female and 184lbs. Am I disgusting?

Should I workout even if I'm sore ?

What about just working out the places that aren't sore?

Someone tweak and critique my lifting routine for thickness. Upper lower routine 4x a week. I'm female.

upper body (all 3x8):
>bench press
>dumbbell row
>barbell or dumbbell curl
>tricep pull down
>ohp or dumbbell shoulder press
>lat pull down (not sure)

lower body:
Romanian deadlift 3x10
barbell glute bridge 4x8
sumo squats 3x10 (alt: wide stance leg press 3x10)
cable kickbacks 3x10
lying leg curl 3x10
seated calf raises 3x10 (need to edit this!)

I was recommended for lower body day to do 6x6 for the first day or the week and 3x5 for the second for increased volume and 1RM and strength over time. WDYT?

If you feel you've recovered otherwise, yes. Soreneness will go away once you get the blood flowing again.

Of course, but getting the weights where you want can be challenging.

Why shouldn't I sip a sugary drink throughout my workout to keep energy levels up? I can't have a sugar crash if I keep sipping right?

How come people can down sets across so easily? I'll try to do 4x8-12 or something but I'll get 12 reps first set then like 9 on the next then 6 and 6. Even if I rest a few minutes between sets. If I go to my max on the first set I just seem to be spent.

How many exercises shoud I do?

I'm doing 5 exercises with 3 sets each.

I should do more right?

Depends on the programming

People actually do their first couple of sets with weight that they could rep for 15-16 reps. This allows them to acquire a higher volume by doing more sets of 12.

You should use an unhooked grip for as long as possible each workout before switching to hook grip.

Push/Pull/Legs

I felt like an electric shock in my upper back while doing OHP, it wasn't painful , but I noticed it right away, what could it be?

Is that 5 exercises for each workout? because that would be reasonable
Benchpress, dumbell bench, OHP, dips, laterals for push ETC.
I personally like to do the heavy exercises like benchpress, dips, OHP for 4x8
and the smaller exercises like laterals and DB press for 3x12.

Improve your grip strength with farmers walks.

Probably

Soreness isn't really an indication of anything. So yes, you should work out.

I think my advice is as good now as it was then ;)

If you're interested in why I suggested that have a look at some of the stuff written about programming and periodisation by Greg Nuckols, Bill Galvin and Paul Ledger, Jeff Nippard etc

By working with weights where they can manage all the reps. Also they probably have better work capacity than you do.

Maybe a spasm. If it doesn't happen again don't worry about it.

Yeah, my push workout looks like this for example

Bench Press 3x10
Dips 3x10
Incline dumbbell press 3x10
OHP 3x10
Flies 3x10

and is 12 reps better for growth?

>ppl
>every lift after pull day suffers
Should I do push/legs/pull/cardio/repeat? Fucking deadlifts man.

It sounds like a pinched nerve
I get it sometimes in my palms/forearms when doing heavy dips or benchpress/OHP.

Did you feel it in your spine or just generally upper back?

Ah I see. So is this efficient? I thought you should do all sets to not absolute failure but so you couldn't do another rep.

can't really explain why but it kinda drains my energy during workout. Even when I take a sip shortly before a set I lose all energy in the middle of the set
Best just eat a lot of complex carbs with alot of fiber and some caffeine as preworkout
Maybe I should start having a little snack during volume day on texas method...

>Cutting Diet:
>Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
>Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

I'm doing the couch to 5k, do I have to sum the calories I burn in the deficit? Like TDEE + 200 - 500 calories?

Anyone here been to laguardia community college gym? How da fuck did you do it? The fly trap machine is fucking stupid and only one incline bench

You're cutting, don't factor it in. But you probably burn 200-300 calories extra.

Then 5 exercises is fine.
I would remove the flies and do side laterals instead, you generally want to work your back side a bit more than your chest.
There isn't any rep range for muscle growth. It's all about how your body adapts. With taht said, i wouldn't go below 3 reps.
If you only do 3x12 for years, your body will eventually adapt. Learn about progression and how to implement it. Do a cyclus of 6-12 weeks, where you work in the rep ranges of 8-12
Do a deload
Then do a cycle of 6-12 weeks where your compound movements are worked at about 5-6 reps, and in more sets. Its all about working your body in different ways, so it doesn't get used to it.

upper back, not the spine. It felt like a shock and was tingly.

no I appreciate your advice
i just want overall critique
im not knowledgeable when it comes to the science
im a noob
i just need help with changing the set and reps for the squat, deadlift and calf raises

Thx mate.
Also gonna start going to the gym next monday, so I should ignore the calories that I burn while lifting too?

This can be efficient, because you allow your body to do more sets at 12 reps, thereby increasing your workout volume.
Doing all your sets to you can't do another rep, can fatigue your body and CNS, making it harder to lift efficiently.
There are times where you work like that, but not all the time

It was probably just a pinched nerve, or a sign of lacking mobility. Generally it shouldn't happen, if it continues you should probably start stretching. If it keeps on happening, like almost every workout, go to the doctor, because that could mean inflammation or pinching of a nerve root.

Lentils?

Yes but eat something before you work out. I thought I'd be smart and not eat, first week after switching from 3500 to 2300 calories - almost passed out power cleaning. Had to sit down for 10 minutes, no vision, etc, thought I was dying.

Lifted this morning and fucked up my bench press , I had to lift the bar off my stomach with my right arm and I felt a sharp pain doing it. I didn't think too much of it for a while but it's been 3 hours and part of my right arm is turning dark reddish, what happened? Will it go away?

Does it count as a pushup if I go all the way down? That is, I relax my arms at the bottom and start my next pushup from 0?

Hey/fit/,

I need a body weight routine for maintaining muscle. Nothing long term, but I'm gonna be without a gym for a week, and usually do a five day split that I don't want to fall behind on. Also, should I do to maintenance tdee for that week if I'm currently bulking?

Thank you

Felt a sharp pain where? where is your arm reddish? You have probably caused an inflammation, which could explain the reddish colour. Is it swelled aswell? or warm?

How about you do a planned overtraining/overreach? You train hard enough, that your body doesn't have time to recovery from it. Then when you hit your week of no training, you'll use it as a deload?
I perhaps cut a few hundred calories for the week.

check out reddit bodyweightfitness

Where did it hurt? Where did it swell?

Also post pic of arm.

Someone HALP

is squatting and deadlift 3x10 too much for size? if so, what should i do? im a noob so i don't want to fail

and how many calf raises?

Hum, good to know mate, thank you.
Last week I simply did 30 min walks monday to saturday, today I started the couch to 5k, I couldn't finish it (I've been on janitor mode for about 5 years), gonna keep working until I can finish this so I can move on to week 2.
Last year I peeked at 155kg (341 lbs) at 1.87 (6.13) height, just dieting I got to 110kg (242 lbs) as of today, 26 years old btw.

New lifter here, is bench press something I should absolutely do every workout? Gonna go to the gym and my gym friend can't come today so I have no one to back me up.

Is there even any proper planing behind those exercises/reps?
3x10 is not too much, but why 3x10?
As for calves, i usually do high reps, likewise with traps, because of the short ROM.

Absolutely not
DB press is just as good, if not even better when it comes to size, and it's a lot easier on your rotator cuff.

no i just put things together
3x10 is easy to remember

im a girl and a noob

Thanks, really reassuring to hear
t.

why do I only feel facepulls in my arms

Right here, it's all red, it's turning darker by the moment.

Were you expecting to feel it in your face

Jesus christ, do this instead, 4x a week
monday
squat 5x5
rumanian deadlift 5x5
legpress 4x8
leg curls 4x8
calf raises 3x10
abs 3x10 (crunches, leg raises etc)

tuesday
Benchpress 5x5
Incline DB press 4x8
Bent over barbell row 5x5
pull ups/pulldowns 4x8
military press 4x8
french press/skullcrushers 3x10
barbell curls 3x10

Thursday
Front squat 5x5
Konventional deadlift 5x5
Bulgarian split squat 4x8
leg curls 4x8
Seated calf raise 3x10
Abs 3x10

Friday
Bench press 5x5
DB decline press 4x8
Yates rows 5x5
Chinups / close crip pulldowns 4x8
DB shoulder press 4x8
Overhead tricep extension 3x10
DB curls 3x10

Generally people on fit have no idea how to plan a program, got any questions to this one?

Post a picture, how is your sensation in the arm/fingers? any tingling/numb sensation? you could have damaged your circulation for all i know

Is drinking whole milk bad as a skinny fat who wants to put on muscle ?

>165 lbs
>5,10

kek

Why would drinking whole milk be bad? Just be careful not to consume too many calories, or you will go from skinny fat to fat.

Could be a ruptured (complete or not) bicep tendon.

Post pic and consider going to ER

If it is indeed a complete tendon tear you'll most probably need surgery.

General tips for following your diet besides "just fucking do it dont be a pussy"

any particular advice for when you get the urge and you cant think about anything else

should i get a replacement anxiety outlet or just learn to live wihtout one?

Can someone redpill me on stretching, specifically for lifting? What should I do? Is static stretching bad? I only really stretch for squats and deadlifts and I do stuff like static stretching and a few things where I limber my legs up but I've heard recently that static stretching is bad.

Also how to improve my grip for diddlies beside chalk/straps? Don't want to do mixed grip because imbalances and hands too small for hook grip

(almost complete)beginner looking to start this:
oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine

4 questions:

1- is this good? i've foud in the sticky.
2- what the fuck are wrist exercise found there?
3- there are not many exercise for some muscles like neck, can i add a couple?
4- is it important to do all on the same day and have a rest day? what if i the big parts on monday wednsday and friday and move calves and wrist work on thursday and tuesday and saturday?

i dont want to do half of those exercises so you just cant paste something and have me be okay with it.
modify my original one or bye.
you left out exercises i really wanted to do and put random ones.

>modify my original one or bye.
i have a routine for you

Day A
go fuck yourself 5x5
go fuck a goat 5xmax
go fuck a leper with aids 5x5
Weighted fuck yourself in the eye socket 2x5

Day B
Go fuck your mother 5x5
Go fuck your aunt 5x5
Dumbell get raped by a homeless person 2x5
Assisted go suck the dirty asshole of a dead donkey 2x5
Barbell curls 5x5

Foam rolling /light dynamic stretching can be done before/during workout
Static stretching is not a bad thing, but should be kept apart from your training, as static stretching temporarily weakens/stiffens your joints/muscles (couple of hours).
Stretching is a very good idea in order to preventing injuries and performing better.

For grip strength, you can do plate/pinch holds, claw curls, farmer walks or just heavy barbell holds, where you load up the barbell as heavy as you can, and hold it for 20-30 seconds for 4 sets. Towel pull ups are also very good for getting a strong grip

Your program is fucking shit you whore, i gave you a proper one, use it or fuck off.

lol
just fix it. im not a bodybuilder, i just want a big butt and thick legs and small arms

Fug anons im getting a bit dizzy now ill go to the hostpial , thanks for help

I don't get woman like you. I gave my friend a proper program too and she rather do random shit in the gym and waist her time. Do woman just like making things more difficult? Good on you I guess

I've been tracking what I eat on MyFitness for a while and i constantly come into contact with the problem that I'm not eating enough to hit my goal intake. it's about 2000 calories yet I finished the day on maybe 1400 if i'm lucky

I don't feel any worse for it but are there any adverse effects for continuing this or am I good?

sorry i didnt knew youre a girl i woudlnt have posted such a rude reply if i had. Instead my i suggest you come over to my house for a session of being intensely raped in a way you think you dont like but you will find out youll actually do when i wake up your inner slut witht he fuck of your life?

1. My personal opinion is that the program is a bit too low volume
2: Wrist curls etc.
3. hence my first point on the low volume
4. You can do that, generally i wouldn't recommend if for a "somewhat" newbie because of overlapping exercises.
For example, you will be hitting your wrists on the big day from pressing movements. If you then do more wrist work the other days, they won't have time to heal between workout.

Is a great starting program, i could recommend you another one, if you want a full body instead.
Lots of american programs are low volume, i don't understand why, beginners need to build up a workload.

if you eat too little you may start to experience side effects like weakness and headaches, also your training may suffer, dont undereat. Altough i think the real treshold for that is like under 1200 cals for most people

How to cure facaial acne? There is a qt3.14 that i want to talk to her but i am to shy because of my acne

What is your goal? If you are cutting weight, then just continue as you do. Besides there might be small calculation errors in your dietplan, so you might be eating a few hundred calories more.
Listen to this user If you are losing weight, and not experiencing loss of energy, strength, mental surplus, then just continue eating as you do. Perhaps start taking a multi vitamin.
You shouldn't have to worry.

Programs like starting strength are lower volume because they were designed for highschool football players who also have practice at least 3 times a week

is that true? why the fuck am i doing SS then?

>football players
haha footbal players how inferiorites. doing some homoerotic shit thing that doesnt really is the best to make you pumped and good looking, wasting your time

me, i may be a nerd but my body is totally superior after applying my superior rationality of reason to it instead of their homoerotic gayness, who wouuld want to be like those idiot bad people

That makes sense, we don't have highschool football, or really any highschool sports in europe.

Because Veeky Forums has a hard on for mark rippletits

It still works desu, something like greyskull with a bunch of accessories works better in my experience from training a few friends

how much time do you spend in your kitchen? I spend 2 hours a day cooking rice meals to get my carbs. Is this normal?

Please help me modify the things I want to do so that they make sense.

kek, that's too long

>rice
>2h
niggawat toss 1 cup rice 2 cups water with some slat in the rice cooker and go spend your time wisely by shitposting here

yh bruh let's meet up
will you let me sit in your face?

ill do it, for a pic with timestamp, no need for boobs, just the pic with full body, no face required

Well shouldn't the purpose of beginner programs be, that you don't have to add a bunch of extra exercises, because a newbie wouldn't know which ones and how?

it takes me 12 minutes to cook 250grams of raw rice, in my microwave, how are you spending 2 hours?

no you silly cunt, im raping you you cant choose what happens

I did army style PT during high school/college. Never really did any weight training. All of my muscle has been built through body weight exercise.

I want to get into lifting to build practical muscle for self-defense or random life tasks requiring strength. Not interested in athletics, body building, or competition.

Q: Would it be beneficial to hire a professional weight trainer to spot me and work on my form so I don't build bad habits or injure myself? This wouldn't be some hack off a website. An instructor at a nearby gym is also the head coach for the local university's nationally competitive weight lifting team. He seems to know his shit.

Depends how retarded your beginners are i guess. A lot of the time they are catering to the lowest common denominator

Yes it would be beneficial to hire someone who can stop you from injuring yourself, why are you even asking this?

After doing random things in the gym for eight months, I finally decided to read the sticky and do some research on lifting. I designed this routine based on some of the things I found:

A:
5x5 Bench press
5x5 Military Press
5X5 Chest Fly
5x5 Lateral Raise
5x5 Squats
5x5 Tricep extension

B:
5x5 Lat pulldown (Machine)
5x5 Biceps curl
5x5 Row (Machine)
5x5 Deadlifts
3x5 Chinups/Pullups

Mo: Jiu Jitsu
Tu: A
We: B
Th: Rest
Fr: Judo
Sa: A
Su: B

How shitty is it? And what do I need to change?

heating up the water, slicing the vegetables, boiling the rice, throwing it into the pan, shit sums up

sometimes I have to do it twice a day, so it can take for about 90-120 mins.

>Would it be beneficial to hire a professional weight trainer
only if you have so much money you dont know what to do with it

if not you can ask any experienced person in the gym to spot you while you work out, its not hard. and regarding form film yourself and upload it here or on a saner board to get a form check

Unless you are a completely useless human being who struggles with the coordination required to dress yourself then a personal trainer is a waste of money as a complete novice.

If you discover movements you struggle!e with or progress stops after a month of two then you should maybe consider a bit of training

All these faggots
>barely working out for a year
>can't do 1/2/3/4 to save their life
>"let me make my own routine"
no
fuck you
1. read the sticky, use a beginner or intermediate routine
2. kill yourself

that's long as fuck m8, unles your this girl you shoudnt be taking that long, I take about 15 minutes

>heating water
>boiling rice
the cooker does that. you toss the rice and water in
>slice vegetables
how many weddings are you hosting where you slice veg for 2h

but my clothes are gross and i dont have a full body mirror srry

>1. read the sticky, use a beginner or intermediate routine

is SS as worthless to a noob as they say?

Cook ahead of time and freeze stuff or refrigerate it.

I can make 6days worth of chilli in 2 hours including prep and washing

lol, I agree though, I'll have to get more efficient

Do you have a strength basis? Can you do 1/2/3/4? Do SS or SL or ICF or Greyskulls until those answers are yes. SS=SL really, ICF/Greyskull is just SS with accessories.