I just bought these (the 5-50 lbs version). Will they be enough for me to at least see some gains for a few months...

I just bought these (the 5-50 lbs version). Will they be enough for me to at least see some gains for a few months? I'm currently disgustingly skinny and can only bench something like 60 lbs.

I'm too much of an introverted faggot with severe social anxiety to ever be able to go to an actual gym, so this is kind of my only option right now.

these really suck, you wasted your money

are you trying to build a fucken robot? go to a 24hr gym and go at off peak hours. get used to seeing people man.

wtf are these i just woke up but this shit looks super confusing, im assuming they are like dial in weights where i choose how much weight i want but huh wtf? someone explain.

what the fuck is that thing

Can you elaborate? They seem pretty solid from all the reviews I've seen on them.

>get used to seeing people man
Not gonna happen. At some point I'm going to buy a real barbell bench and weight set and I'll have the same exact thing in my house that I can get in the gym, so what would even be the point?

You move plastic bar thing to the color for the amount of weight you want.

Because from now until then you won't be able to do any real work. Especially with that garbage in OP pic.

Get a membership until you can afford a home set up. Otherwise miss out on potential gains.

So are you saying I won't see any gains at all from using dumbbells?

No. Do push ups and you'll get the same gains as those "dumbbells".

You need full body compound excercise or at least a full body routine if you want serious results.

those aren't dumbbells

wut

OP do NOT listen to the fucking plebs in this thread. Dumbbells and a pull-up bar can actually get you far. Check out Athlean-X on youtube for some actual quality advice.

P.S. Did I mention, don't listen to the fucktards on this board?

Other than squats and deadlifts, what barbell exercises are there that I can't also do with dumbbells? Upper body is a lot more important for me anyway, because I have average lower body strength, but way below average upper body right now.

>implying dumbells and pull ups will get you even a fraction of what a compound program will

The point is not that you can't find progress in dbells it's that the time spent with dumbells could be spent elsewhere to much greater effect. Plus OP needs to kill his autism if he wants real success in life. Forcing himself to interact at the gym will help that immensely.

So what IS the best brand of adjustable dumbbell? I'm asking because of reasons.

>admitted to being disgustingly skinny
>average lower body strength

Fuck off

>OP needs to kill his autism if he wants real success in life
The whole reason I want to get Veeky Forums is because I know I will never fix my social retardation so this is the only way I might possibly be able to get girls to like me.

Average for somebody who doesn't work out. My point is that I need upper body gains a lot more than I do lower body gains. I do look disgusting from the waist up, but pretty normal from the waist down.

>I ran out and bought something without seeing what you guys thought. Now that I already spent the money, did I fuck up?

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Fortunately, you did fine. Dumbbells promote symmetry and the Powerblock brand is a great space-saver.

>Do push ups and you'll get the same gains as those "dumbbells"

Go be cancerous somewhere else.

That's not how it works m8. Time and time again anons report back after "making it" physically only to say how it didn't help their social game at all or in the ways they thought it would.

Fitness and social skills are different and need to be honed through different activities.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm never going to be a socially likable person so my only real goal is to one day be able to hook up with girls on tinder/okcupid/craigslist/whatever based on looks alone.

this device made me question my sanity

is it supposed to be art?

Looks like some weird old audio system.

You're delusional. Being socially sound and having a sucsessful relationship (with a girl or otherwise) go hand in hand.

Also never accept defeat. You can change amigo.

>on looks alone

Doesn't work like that friendo. A sperg is a sperg is a sperg is a sperg.

Dunno, they look pretty dumb to me.

>I'm too much of an introverted faggot with severe social anxiety to ever be able to go to an actual gym
Been there, done that, bite the metaphorical pillow and get your sorry ass inside. The only social interaction you'll ever have to do is to talk to a friendly Chad or Stacy in the office (friendly because they want to sell you something. Also possible that there will be a fat fuck doing the selling, but my gym had a Stacy), and from on only saying "hi" to the receptionists. Nobody will look at you, unless they're resting and forgot to bring their phones, or if they want to work in.

Decide on a beginner routine (like Starting Strength or StrongLifts), look at youtube videos and practice with a broomstick for a while (I also recommend reading the SS book), and you're good to go.

I saw these in sports authority once. It seemed they were held together with plastic. Unless they changed the design, they are very unsafe.

I don't disagree with that. I know I'll never be able to have a relationship with anyone, but I want to at least be able to improve my looks enough to be able to hookup with sluts for one night stands and such.

I've tried going to gyms in the past and I always ended up losing motivation and stopped going due to the anxiety they brought out in me.

my only anxiety is existential.

I find that going to a gym that is full, but not over crowded makes me lift harder cause I know people are watching.

especially when you do non-normie lifts like C&J. people WILL stare if you start OLY lifting. also, for some reason everyone looks at you funny when you can OHP more than them. it's a good feel.

Have you considered therapy?

Yeah, tried it and it didn't really work.

>I just bought these

Why do you lie on the internets?

you can get a pretty good workout from those

overhead press, curls, rows, lay down on something and do bench press

all with the dumbell variation

just do a lot of sets and do them to failure