Veeky Forumss thought on Melatonin? Is it addictive, is there ad-verse health effects?

Veeky Forumss thought on Melatonin? Is it addictive, is there ad-verse health effects?

Both of those sound like questions for webmd and mayoclinic. Tell me, why the fuck are you asking anonymous strangers on the internet for medical facts rather than researching the topic from reputable sources?

Oh right, because you're a faggot.

no

no, you might feel drowsy.

dont take too much

knock yourself out, helps me sleep better

No it's not addictive and their aren't any side-effects that I know of. It's a just a chemical your brain releases to help you sleep.

t. someone who takes Melatonin

i tried melatonin to help my sleep issues
it did not help, and if it did, there was no noticeable effect

nonetheless, studies have shown melatonin to help with sleep

i would say that if your sleep issues are more mild, but persistent enough to bother you, i dont see the harm in trying melatonin

if you have severe and persistent sleep issues, try melatonin, but dont expect it to work wonders, because it probably wont, and you will probably have to look for stronger sleep medication

also random tidbit, after i had been taking melatonin for a while, my melatonin expired
i continued to take it, i experienced no adverse side effects

this is just anecdotal evidence that, as with most items, taking something slightly past its expiration date is still fine

Ignore this retard. You don't need to be a scientist to know shit about meds, especially melatonin.

Not addictive, but only take dosage recommended. It's good, I use it

It will put you to sleep, so long as you try to go to sleep. If you take it for consecutive nights, eventually you won't be able to fall asleep without it, unless you are fatigued

It puts me in a hypnagogic state, where I'm halfway between waking and sleeping. Which is cool, but then it always shortly followed by insane rapid heart rate and sweating.

>Is it addictive
No but it's easy to become dependent on it for sleep
>there ad-verse health effects
Not really. If you take too much you'll wake up drowsy (like you took a bunch of Benadryl) and have really vivid dreams

99% of brands have doses that are WAY too big. You only need like .3-.5mg of the stuff. Try and find one with 1mg doses and just cut them in half.

I took once, made me hella groggy the next day

FUCK THAT

If you take it all the time for a few months or a year, your body will stop producing it. Otherwise it's awesome and you should take it when you're having trouble sleeping, goes good with a ZMA

It's one of things I pretty much refuse to research to much (or at least try not to) because it works great for me and I'm pretty sure placebo has a big part of why it does and I don't want to ruin that.

Makes you taller. Highly recommend manlets take it. 15mg+ every night.

Just have a fap before you sleep, it helps me.

i started taking 1.5mg last august. i've been at 15mg for a few months now because my tolerance skyrocketed. i don't even know if it does anything anymore because i stack it with other sleep aids, but i don't want to stop taking it just in case it makes my insomnia any worse than it already is.

it's not meant to be a nightly sleep aid--your brain already produces melatonin, it's a hormone, and supplementing regularly will cause natural production to cease--but obv i fucked up there.

1.5mg cutting the pill in half is best, 3-5mg gives me grogginess in mornings. But there are health benefits at 10mg for some things IIRC

>he think webmd is some kind of high level academics only website

seriously how the fuck do you guys get consistent results from normal doses of melatonin every night? like how the hell do you not develop tolerance? i'm this user btw:

Honestly bro. If you are anything like me. You may just be extra active. I need to be moving and doing shit all day. But I figured out when I started this new job, that if you find enough things to do that exhaust the fuck out of you. You eventually just pass out

it either knocks me the fuck out or makes me stay awake.

if this were true i should sleep like a baby because i'm almost never sitting down. but nope, i'm lucky if i get 7 hours with sleep aids.

gives me crazy nightmares

Increases your estrogen. Only for tren users with tren cough take this to sleep because they're taking anti-estrogen drugs anyways.

1mg dose is fine for pretty much anyone. Don't use for longer than a week or you'll get gyno.

I've taken it for 2 weeks at a time without any attenuation. Like any drug you probably shouldn't get used to taking it indefinitely.

this

Is this for real? I'm much taller than any of my family members and I've been taking it since I was like 14

>15mg+

i take 15mg every night

Enjoy your boobies. The scars from your gyno surgery will never heal.