Was the Schlieffen plan the most daring strategy every attempted?

Was the Schlieffen plan the most daring strategy every attempted?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Churchill,_1st_Duke_of_Marlborough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lets attack a country through another country
kek
Napoleon Ulm Campaign
Mao's long march
Yamashita in Malaya
Wellington withdrawing to the Torre Valdez line
Churchill's maneuver in Spanish Netherland

No, the entire first crusade was daring as fuck

Not even close, every single thing Hannibal did in the 20 year long Second Punic War was 10 times more daring than that

Only germs could come up with something so retarded. Bismarck knew of german retardation, which is he he was so desperate to avoid a war before his own people could destroy themselves

Once they got rid of Bismarck it was over, germs were bound to destroy themselves and the world

Birmark caused WWI

>make a plan that depends on getting through belgium, of all countries, quickly
>still manage to fuck it up

WW1 germany was all kinds of retarded

>Churchill's maneuver in Spanish Netherland
Is this a meme

There was nothing impressive in Mao's long march. Chiang let them go.

Invading belgium brought england into the war which was fucking retarded. without the brittish the germans would most likely have reached paris.

>implying the British weren't going to make up any excuse to join the war
>implying the British needed an excuse to go to war

I descend from a meme country that Germany toured through a few times to get to France.

>Was the Schlieffen plan the most daring strategy every attempted?

Nope
>Let's attack a heavily-fortified German coastal position as a trial run of an actual amphibious Allied invasion because...intel I guess?

duke of Malborough dolt
it actually is,that place was a ching chong Mad Max world

>tell dutch I'm just taking your soldiers for a walk in the park
>march entire army to south Germany (near Vienna)
>Fool French into battle and defeat a larger army

in the right light any stupid shit can be considered daring

Dieppe wasn't daring, it was the historical bong military incompetence.

That's flat out wrong

Yeah but no one gave a shit what Chiang said anyway remember

What a retarded map. The Schlieffen Plan was from WWI, they didn't attack through the Netherlands and Alsace-Lothringia was German.
If this is supposed to be von Manstein's modified Schlieffen Plan, the arrows are completly wrong, the sickle cut went in the other direction.

It's probably Aufmarsch I, before Moltke changed it the Netherlands was part of the plan

Educate yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Churchill,_1st_Duke_of_Marlborough

At least it had a better chance of succeeding than this

Why didn't they just invade Spain and then from there invade France from the other side?

If only the Kaiserreich had such brilliant minds as yourself

>the Netherlands is called Holland
That's a mistake that can be forgiven if made by random foreigners but any source making a simple mistake like that is bound to be retarded.

Kys brainlet

Who's Birmark?

>Implying the British weren't already planning on honoring the Entente agreement and Belgium was a convenient excuse that brought them into the war maybe a few days (or a month) earlier than planned

except that Belgium was agreed to be the biggest reason and the vote was still close as hell after that

>High Seas Fleet was bound by Royal Navy, also no ships in the Med
>Austrian Navy is like three fishing boats and an outdated battleship
Hmmmm...

No, it would've been a pretty standard and viable strategy if it wasn't for Belgian arrogance and war crimes.

The map is retarded but the Schlieffen plan did initially include an invasion through the Netherlands.

No he did not, he pursued them to his best ability. It was local warlords in the Western and Central parts of China who mostly ignored the communists and hindered KMT progress as moving central government armies to their provinces often led to their authority being stripped and their lands being annexed. I mean, right after the march ended, Chiang was planning to strike down the communist HQ in Yanan.

Invading France through Spain would be nearly impossible, given the mountains that make up their border.

The Ardennes was bolder, riskier, and had a bigger payoff, come on OP

My mistake, I should have thought/researched more before posting.

If the Schlieffen plan was kept in its original form and the Germans didn't squeeze through the Belgian borders, could they have encircled Paris in time to force a quick armistice in favour of the Central Powers, effectively avoiding WWI?

They should have just waded through the water at low tide along the Dutch and Belgian coasts, avoiding war with Belgium and thus keeping Britain out of the war.

The only german in the history of all german things to ever have his shit together.

if von moltke hadn't given in to the pressure from ruprecht to give him more divisions and kept sending reinforcements to von kluck, the war would have been over by september

It was too daring. There were too many moving parts for it to work effectively. They miscalculated British intentions an their willingness to go to war to defend Belgium. And they didn't account for any type of setback post Battle of the Marne.

Nah. Barbarossa had a better chance of success if Hitler had simply stuck to the plan and gone after Moscow rather than taking the bait at Kiev and Leningrad.