I want to get fit. But god, dammit is it expensive to maintain a healthy diet. $7 for a small bag of almonds...

I want to get fit. But god, dammit is it expensive to maintain a healthy diet. $7 for a small bag of almonds? $13 for a small slab of salmon? Everything healthy to consume is literally the most expensive thing at a grocery store. Broccoli and peanut butter is cheap. But still. I'll be expected to dish out a ton more money a week just to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Fucking burgers and booze is more in my budget than fish and expensive nuts

why don't you just eat some rice and pasta?
eggs and pork are affordable too

I don't do pork. The bible says me not to

>fish
>expensive nuts

are you a troll

go eat ramen and tuna and roid, you'll be healthy and fit in no time

The bible also says not to be a huge fucking faggot and yet you are.

Where do you live senpai, what kind of dollaridoos are we talking here?

Ayyy

>tuna
Enjoy your mercury.

On topic - why are dried fruits so expensive and also not Veeky Forums approved?

>go eat ramen
>400 kcals per package and no nutritional value

>le mercury meme

why don't you just substitute out those dried fruits for actual sugar and live on sugar like the fucking fairytale princess you are

>mercury
Is this another one of those American thrid world food processing memes?

>unactivated almonds

Fuck, I got here too late

carbs have a many of calories but not no micronutrients

toward diet

if bulk carbs = good
if lose lb carbs = restrict

do but need all carbs for athletic function

I live in America. I only make about $300 (give or take) a week.

Recommend some foods to buy.

Fight me

You're making excuses and cherry picking the most expensive things. Chicken thighs, rice, and broc are the cheapest things in any store. Also oats. Chicken breasts are constantly on sale. Stop being a whiny bitch and make your diet match your budget.

sardines, eggs, cheeses, chicken breasts and thighs, greek yogurt, lentils, spinach, black beans, frozen vegetables, wheat buns, natural peanut butter, no sugar added fruit preserves, honey, shit nigger use your imagination

>whole wheat flour
cheap
>eggs
cheap
>rice
cheap
>some form of quark that has few/no additives
cheap

Its only when you go super healthy it starts to get more difficult

>90%+ cocoa bar
kinda expensiveish
>fruits, most heavily leaning towards blackberries
expensive unless you buy the frozen versions
>carrots
still cheap
>veggies
still cheap enough
>various supplements and things like ashwaganda, garlic pills, spirulina etc.

Kinda expensive in total, but that does mean you could eat less diverse foods in return.

So to iterate. My point is that eating a little bit healthy is still going to be cheaper than shit food which is unhealthy.

Eating moderately healthy will be about equal to shitfood

and eating super healthy will be more expensive.

A 20 pound bag of white rice cost me $10.Buy chicken when it's on sale and put it in the freezer if you're not going to make it right away. Buy eggs and mixed veggies. You don't have to just eat broccoli. I mix broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn, lima beans, carrots, green beans, and bell peppers. All frozen and cheap, and I either stir fry it in olive oil or steam it. Food prep yourself enough so you only have to cook every few days. You can fill in the blanks with whatever other shit that you want like peanut butter or oatmeal or some shit, just make sure you're getting enough protein.

if you had enough education you would know that they have a high level of mercury because of their position in the food chain yuropoor scum

I just buy frozen bags of mix veg, or frozen bags of stir fry veg. Still cheaeo and I'm too lazy to cook 6 things at once

Not op, but I'm not really a thighs kinda guy. Are Wings and wingettes just as good instead my dear brother?

>Live in yurop
>Can afford healthy fit approved diet despite low wage physical job

That's enough for three black truffles. You're safe.

Breast or thigh.
Wings and drumsticks don't have enough macros to make it worthwhile

Underrated

stop eating salmon and almonds OP

>cant afford expensive health foods
>cant just eat macros and at a caloric deficit
>well guys I don't think this semen slurping "hobby" is for me

Is ons vlees wel zo goed?

I make 423$ a week living in the states. I pay all my bills, have a place (with a room mate) and I've still managed to get my weight from 185-205 from may to now. You might not be able to full on dreamer bulk but it's not impossible on an small budget. I'm also paying off a lot of debt at the moment so I don't even have much left over at the end of the month, just gotta budget smart.

Kali Muscle detected

You get less bang for your buck, but they're still nutritionally viable. You'll just need to eat more of them to get comparable results.

>mercury

I have eaten a tin of tuna straight from the can every morning for the past two and a half years and have zero health problems.

If your >mercury meme was true I should have died a long time ago.

>implying "zero health problems" is comparable to
>rigorous data collection by a large organization with sophisticated tools

anecdotal evidence is retarded.

Because companies can hike the price up due to the extra time spent drying the fruit, basically paying for labor costs. Also fruit is just sugar, vegetables are just all around better.

Not expensive at all. Rice, vegetables, and chicken is all you need, and all are cheap as fuck. People who have money problems don't eat almonds and salmon.

So buy something that is not fish and nuts all the time. Chicken or beef is better. Drink oats shake 3-4 times a day and more.

Guys, its bait

>Also fruit is just sugar,
Meme

I mean it's not bad, but is there really much of a reason to incorporate it into a diet that isn't lacking micronutrients? It's good to replace candy or something but it isn't necessary.

>fruit are just sugar

Goddamnit stop talking Veeky Forumsmemelord

Ik werk op visbedrijf. Ik kan elke dag verse, good qualiteit vis eten. Ik ben pools, excuses voor mijn slecht nederlaands.

>Not eating that cranberry for turbo gains

Stay small

1 glass milk
1 banana
1 cup steel cut oats
this good?

Lots of things aren't necessary. You don't need meat. You don't need vegetables. You could literally get by on multivitamins and protein shakes and something for fiber. But that fucking sucks, hard. Just because something isn't necessary doesn't mean you have to cut it out.

Of course you can. You live on the same continent that isn't a giant fuel whore and that actual encourages its citizens to buy electric cars.

Whatever hits your macros bro. I do 300-400g of oats a day. I blend it with water. Taste like shit, but it does the job.

I know where your coming from bro. Here is what I buy to keep my costs low
>chicken
>rice
>broccoli
>canned salmon when I can afford it
>canned tuna when I can't
>frozen veggies
>only eat fruit that's in season and cheap

Learn to make stir-fry, it's like $15 for 3-4 days of food.

Are oatmeal raisin, or just oatmeal cookies good to snack on?

Unless you wanna lose weight you can eat whatever the hell you want and get fit.

>sugar
No, dude.

I live for $50 a week and eat healthy as fuck. Granted I don't eat meat so that probably cuts costs a little, but it's not hard. Just buy the cheapest fruits and vegetables

Nice work! Done w the bulk now?

Healthy food is cheap as shit, just focus on whole foods that are season or on sale.

>cheap veggies and on sale veggies

Cheap vegetables include carrots, cabbage, onions, celery, and gourds. On sale vegetables will change with the seasons, but you can pick up things like peppers, tomatoes, fibrous greens, and more at various times of the year for dirt cheap. Stop thinking about what you want and think about what's on sale.

>cheap fruit and on sale fruit

Apples, oranges, and bananas are pretty much always cheap, and many more go on sale throughout the year. Think in terms of the veggies and buy what's cheap.

>Meat

Where I am, pork is always a third to a quarter of the listed price, but chicken is usually universally cheap too. Keep an eye out for things like feet or organ meats that will be even cheaper, as well as sales. Canned fish is also a great healthy source of protein and fats and is usually cheap.

>eggs

Obvious choice here. I can get five dozen eggs for nine bucks, hard to beat that.

>dairy

Literally any dairy is good dairy. You can get dairy that's high protein, high fat, high carb, or a mixture of two or all of those depending on your needs. It's pretty much always cheap too. This is a great source of nutrition and macros.

>grains, nuts, and legumes

Oats reign king for anyone Veeky Forums, but rice, lentils, beans, wheat, quinoa, are all great and usually pretty cheap if not basically given away. Nuts are a bit harder, but nut butters are usually a good price to calorie ratio, and there are always sales going on.

This really is not that hard

Chicken, beans, oats, frozen veggies, milk, damn negro, step it up

I'm 30, 5'9, skinny-fat, and weight close to 210lbs. Not sure if that's normal for a 30 year old.

eating healthy is cheaper than regular food, unless you're seriously getting all your daily calories from the mcdonalds $1 menu

Chicken, rice, whey, eggs thats it you faggot

OP here

how did I do?

I forgot to include the eggs in the darn pic

then don't eat healthly and stay fat.
nobody gives a fuck that you're too poor to afford decent food.

Does your kitchen not have countertops or a table? Pick your food up off the goddamn floor!

Holy shit, you actually made good on our advice. Good job OP, but don't be afraid to get frozen chicken and other cheap alternatives as well. Being healthy while being a poor fag is possible.

I don't want to.

Frozen chicken? As in processed chicken?

I realized I forget to get oatmeal and bananas for the oatmeal. Maybe next time.

Well, almonds in the use are almost exclusively grown in California. California has been experiencing a drought for 4+ years now. Of all the agriculture in California, almonds require the most water per product. Thus increasing the cost of almonds.

My advice? Get different nuts and buy chicken instead of fish.

No, just frozen skinless chicken. It's not the highest quality, but it's super cheap and pretty much pure protein. And it last about a year in the freezer so it's great to stir fry with some veggies when money is tight or you can't be bothered with a more time intensive meal. When I'm really rushed I'll just toss a couple pieces in Ramen with some veggies. Takes like five minutes from a hearty meal.

Oats are great but not necessary. I like to switch between oats and eggs each shopping trip just to mix things up.

Not yet, I'm slow bulking to about 220 or so and then I'll slow cut to whatever weight I feel I look best at.

Rekt

Beans, quinoa, lentils, tuna, eggs, frozen vegetables, rice. That's all you need for a solid well rounded diet, and it costs maybe $20 a week.