These are my stats for 3x5 after 6 months of working out

These are my stats for 3x5 after 6 months of working out.

why are my upper body lifts so disproportionally lower?

>deadlift 115kg
>squat 100kg
>bench press 60kg
>ohp 40kg

How much do you weigh, how tall are you, and how much do you eat?

Cause upper body is weak body
im am think this is training weight? not 1rm

>commie units

All your lifts are fucking pathetic don't u dare come here again and post those poverty lifts bro and by bro I mean never your bro u Fukin phaggot

>>>>>TRIGGEEEEREEEED

This is ancedotal, but I'm not the only one to notice this. Lowerbody seems to respond more to intensity, upperbody to volume. So you may wnat to adjust your programming accordingly.

You suck ass, but your lifts are quite proportional

your lifts are perfectly proportional, you're just weak as fuck

All your lifts suck I've been doing SS for 2 months and am already stronger than you

Your lifts seem pretty proportional to me. The only thing I'd say that's high compared to the rest would be your squat

There's one in every thread.

you probably started stronger, retard

It's normal for your upper body lifts to be lower. Particularly the OHP.

With deadlifts and squat you get to use legs+back which are the largest, strongest muscles un your body.

Bench is triceps and pecs which are smaller.

OHP suffers from power loss from stabilizing the upper and lower body.

OHP suffers from being primarily a front delt exercise

>6months!
LMAO

6 months?
I'm 5'10,178lbs,24%bodyfat and my 5 week progress is
Deadlift 100kg
Squat 90kg
Bench 60kg
OHP 40kg
Also I'm on a deficit of 800cals. I'm doing fat loss and this is how my lifts have stalled. Are u sleeping properly? Also take rest days well

This was me too OP after 6-7 months of SL on a cut. Exactly like this. I decided to bulk as skinnyfat on TM after that. Know what happened? Bench went like 75 kg ohp like 52 kg squat 140 and deadlift 140. I was still a Trex hell more than ever.
My advice to you is to do something with a lot of upper body accessories at the end. Also dont squat every workout. You probably squat 3 times a week and alternate bench and ohp. Better do It 2 times a week all those like ohp squat, ohp bench, bench squat. Same thing for deadlift and any other main compound exercise. Do main lifts 2 times a week and then do accessories after them.

Damn I'm bulking at 5'10 sitting at 187 ATM

120kg squat
120kg deadlift
67.5kg bench
50kg press
65kg powerclean

10 weeks training

Veeky Forums is a board of weightlifting LARPers.

The real answer:

>You've likely chosen a meme program in SS or SL where Overhead and Bench are rotated every session. 3xeither every two weeks isn't enough to move the dial on either. You can do them every session without overtraining like Rippletits tells you and you should. This will additionally fix the common T-Rex build these programs create.

to any of u faggots being surprised its different for different people. He probably had 0 muscle and a ton of fat so he cut and couldnt lift that big.
It also takes time to work on form.
Maybe he skipped some days too.
Noone is here trying to be mr record holder or some shit. Stop trolling the poor guy and stop lying on the internet about your stats.
I was like him thats why im saying this I fell for your memes.

I've been lifting for two months and I'm at it above your lifts.

Get good

Why are u bulking at 187? Arent u too fat for it?

Nah I'm at about 18%

Gonna stop at 1234

I'm also doing the program to the t so..yeah there's that...still wet around the lips with milk lmao

nigga GOMAD is for skinny skeletons only

Half gomad I'm doing lol

gomad is for skellies dude. bulk on lean meat.

no youre not
if you are you did something else before in your life besides sitting on your ass all day getting fat

I'm at 40kg squats at 5,6, is this good for manlet at 1 month?

what's your weight dude?

You are on a weight loss, that implies you weight to much. People who weight more lifts more. Its as simple as that. We dont know how tall or how much OP weights so we can't really say that much about his lifts. He might be 55 kilo for all we know

>why are my upper body lifts so disproportionally lower?
They are not, all your lifts are weak.

Get away from the milk you're 187 lbs you don't need milk for the easy cals and protein you're just gonna get fat if you continue

I have 170kg deadlift, 100kg squat, 50kg bench, 50kg ohp :(

Im a student so milk is a lot cheaper. My diet is basically just oats, milk, chicken, pasta and some whey for 3-4,000 calories a day

I'd like to be 200lbs with all intermediate lifts by the end of the year. Started out at 150lbs lol

Gomad for spooky skellies. Get off that shit
Post your body
If u have that high a muscle mass at 5'10 and only 18%bodyfat then u are too advanced for SS

Op you got 2 options.
Lift like you are for 5 years youll be a celebrity in /plg/ or bench and ohp more than the meme programs state(squat less too).

Because doing 45 reps total of upper body work per week isn't fucking enough. Jesus christ.

Start doing 4-6 upper body exercises of 6-15 reps for 3-6 sets each time you lift and your bench/OHP will explode.

SS is shit. Evolve.

Because you were fat. Of course you could lift more

Why are people so fucking stupid on this board

Hmm good point made well.

you're bulking too hard dude. go for +500 above TDEE. focus on getting your protein from meat.

lessening your daily intake should ease the money issue. besides, chicken breasts can be bought 1.99/lb and even cheaper on manager's specials days (when they have to toss meats because sale by date is up).

Can I OHP and Bench on the same day?

My bench and OHP are bad too
Nothing to do about it, they just depend on many smaller muscles, just keep going and it will get better

81kg 183cm
Lifting 4 months
5x5 DL 150kg, Squat 120kg
3x5 Bench 80kg, OHP 40kg

actually you can be fat and weak. Its how much muscle you got that counts. maybe he was builtfatish

sure, but you won't be able to put up as much weight as if you did them on different days

what routine should I do?

I don't care if I get fat. Weights going up and I'm getting stronger. I know how to be skinny so I can always go back to that

yeah but im guessing not heavy. Or at least not heavy on the second lift.

Yes. I do bench, incline bench, OHP and dips on same day for maximum pec destruction

So SS is shit? What should I jump on? I can only go 3 days per week

something with both main lifts and accessory would be great. Like phul or ppl. You can even make one yourself I guess.

SS isn't shit, but it's simply a beginner's routine and people stay on it forever. Are you still making progress? Good stay on SS. If not, read the sticky.

>I can only go 3 days per week

That's perfect. Do SS.

Just do more goddamn work. You don't need a program. Stick to SS if you have to, but add in a shit ton of upper body work. More pull-ups, more dips, DB lateral raises, chest flys, cable flys, tricep extensions, biceps curls, rows, front raises, etc. Just add 4-6 exercises each session for high reps and you'll see your lifts go up huge.

Seriously working out is not rocket science. Dumb as fuck people get big just because they work hard.

Yeah this is what I've been doing and I feel the best about it

Its hardly SS because I add in accesory work for what I feel like I'm lacking each workout

The only thing that annoys me is that I like doing both OHP and Bench twice a week, but SS doesn't let you do that

Which is why i asked if its ok to OHP and BP on the same day

Sorry SS is shit. 45 reps per week of upper body work is complete shit. Any moron can see that.

Linear progression is a good idea for beginner's for the main lifts, but they should be doing a fuckload more work than just that shit - especially for their upper body.

Just choose which is more important for that day and do it first, whether it's OHP or Bench. Do the important exercise for 3x5 using your linear progression, followed by the less important exercise for higher reps

Man where is this fucking advice. Like seriously, nobody ever says this, but I fucking stalled out after a month and a half on my bench eating at a surplus and didn't make progress until I started benching every workout.

Wish I'd known this during the summer when I was getting proper sleep. I wonder what else I'm missing out on

great advice. thanks guys

hated SS anyway, and was having more fun when doing a lot more lifts each workout

>6'1 (185cm)
>147lbs (67kg)

Bench: 155lbs (70kg)
Curl: 100lbs (45kg)
>tfw no one to teach or help me squat

Been lifting for 3 months/~3 times a week now. Went from 6'0/135lbs to 6'1/147. I think the addition to my height is posture correction. When I started my bench was a little over 90lbs.

Am I on track? I feel like my gains aren't coming in fast enough and that I'm slacking. I definitely look more defined but not necessarily bigger. I've been stuck at 145-147lbs for the last month now and just can't seem to gain weight even though my lifts are going up.

Just a warning dude, you're gonna hate me for saying this, but most people will tell you that you really need to add a pulling movement for every pushing movement you add :/ It's pretty important for keeping your body from getting fucked

I didn't really just start benching more, I also added in rows (which I hadn't been doing) and a couple other exercises to balance it out

As long as you are using more weight every workout you are moving forward mate. If you could lift 20 last month and now you are lifting 40 you are doing good. Remember: Rippetoe sold 300.000+ copies of starting strength, 250.000+ copies of the other book, is an established coach with over 30 years of experience and was a recognized competitive powerlifter - all the niggers talking shit in this thread are dyels.

Lift heavy. Rest. Repeat. Eat right. Sleep enough. And youll see results.

>Using retarded units that are used only in one place on Earth
Even NASA had to use the so called "commie units" to send a man on a moon

Iktf, but I taught myself to squat in the basement with youtube videos and form check threads :/ you can do it man

>tfw don't even have a power rack
>tfw squat stands leaning more sketchily to the left every day

I'm also doing SS. Started fifth week this monday. This monday was the first time I actually felt my legs got a real workout, they felt fucking destroyed. For the first four weeks my not so much. My conclusion is that first four weeks, I trained sub optimally, bad form I guess or not enough weight. So my advice is that if you don't feel it in your body, you are probably not doing it correctly.

are you joking? I'm at 65 kg

well i think im just going to go back to my PPL desu

but instead of a full leg day i just incorporated legs into both push and pull with deadlifts and squats

this image

I'm saving it

no I wasn't joking. that's pretty good for 1 month at your weight. shouldn't be too long for bodyweight squats for you

Re evaluate your eating habits. You have to train heavy and eat heavy if you want results.
Also ignore the keyboard warriors who think they're smarter than coaches with 30+ years experience in training weaklings like yourself.

huh, thanks man. the gym is usually full of helpful people like you, very unlike Veeky Forums.

I tried squating once with like 50lbs but I almost fell over and looked like an idiot in front of a packed gym to the point of where some 40 year old asian manlet had to come over and show me how to properly squat. It was so awkward that I just do leg presses on machines instead.

What's your training and eating like? Are you adding weight to the bar every session?

I'm at 6 months too. But I got an exertion headache around 2 months ago so my progression stalled on squats and diddlies.

- Squat: 95kg
-Deadlift: 110kg
-OHP: 47,5kg
-Bench: 65kg

81-83kg bodyweight, 186cm.

if you're doing SS dont ever expect to either

a. get strong; or
b. look like you lift

come to think of it, I dont really understand why anyone actually does SS

still adding weight yes. I'm just following SL 5x5 for those nerve gains. I'm eating a bit more, but it's not super healthy. lots of chicken breast w/ rice and vegetables. salmon w/ potatos and carrots. just trying to get stronger and "normal" weight. desu I spent at least a week with just the bar to learn, got a few tips from different buff people. rest I just look at alan thrall or whatever on youtube.

>These people adding tons of shit to novice routines
As a person who went down that route (I started adding in leg lifts, sit ups, calf raises and curls) I can tell you that it doesn't really help much.
You should be so blasted after your main lifts on a novice program that the idea of adding extra shit makes you want to die.

>but it's not super healthy. lots of chicken breast w/ rice and vegetables. salmon w/ potatos and carrots
sounds pretty healthy to me

>accessories don't help
>accessories are as hard as main lifts

>Reading comprehension
But by all means, these people can add an extra 45 minutes to every workout to little or no effect.

just cause you werent disciplined enough to get any results doesn't mean it sucks. You won't come out of it looking chiseled with six pack abz, but it will maker you both bigger and stronger.

I only do biceps curls on bench day and skullcrushers on ohp day
Anything more is overkill imo

This is pretty good for 6 months user, most likely you have maybe better lower body genetics or perhaps a better frame for lower body lifts
Either way just keep doing this until you hit 1/2/3/4 or stall without doubt because of unchanged programming

>As a person who went down that route I can tell you that it doesn't really help much.
how do I interpret this sentence differently?

Did you start with just the bar? Mehdi's recommendation to start with just the bar will slow you down awhile. It's hard to properly learn to squat without a weight that doesn't challenge you because you can squat a light weight improperly and not even know you're doing anything wrong, but if you're squatting a proper work set incorrectly, you'll know.

deadlift 245 kg
squat 235kg
bench 160.5kg
OHP 102kg

lel

mirin dad strength

I never implied that accessories are as hard as main lifts, I was just saying that if you're looking to add lifts to your routine, you probably just aren't lifting heavy enough.

>You should be so blasted after your main lifts on a novice program that the idea of adding extra shit makes you want to die.
How do I interpret this sentence differently?

6'1
67kg
Are you a girl?

Not him, but..
YOU FUCKING NIGGER LEARN TO READ. He says that after your main lifts you are supposed to be so tired that the thought of doing even more disgusts you- yo9u want to go home.

Bro you must have really fucked up form on deadlift Jesus

Can you post your body?

I guess I didn't read the part where he straight up says "accessories don't work".

Anyway, you shouldn't be doing stupid shit like grip-work accessories on deadlift day.

Not either one of those fucking guys but jesus dude, if you're going to fucking nitpick. He basically says it right here.
>I can tell you that it doesn't really help much
No fucking person on SS or SL needs to be adding stupid shit to the routine other than maybe some chinups and dips, which I believe both recommend. You should be fucking wiped operating at roughly 85% of your max for every lift.

OP here.
>height 180cm / 6'0
>weight 73kg /160 lb

i eat between 2500 and 3000 kcal a day

i'm doing Reg Park's 3x5 routine three times a week and after i'm done with my workout i isolate arms until i burn them out, doing 10 reps each exercise. protein and creatine after workouts.

progression is pretty slow, upper body exercises stalling for at least a month now.
i think i'm gonna switch to greyskull lp and see if anything changes.

>maybe some chinups and dips, which I believe both recommend
which are accessories to the routine

What the heck. im 5'9 125 lbs and I squat 80kg for 3x5...

Merlin deads tho