Found a sales job

>Found a sales job
>Start this week
>Scared and unsure if it's for me
Veeky Forums always said sales is where the money is made...

lmao drop that job asap bro.

Shittiest job ever. Also what will you be selling?

But I haven't even started yet. And freight services.

the most important thing is to gauge people's interest in the first 5-10 seconds. If you think they will never buy your shit, don't waste your time and theirs.

The fact that you believe this might not be for you, probably makes you a better sales man cause it will force you to be honest instead of going by a shitty script with 0.001% conversion rate.

I really just have zero clue how to sell freighting services. Wouldn't even know where to begin.

Open: hey how are You? I am user calling from tendie dispency services.
Qualify: what is it that you need, what do you want from the service.
Suggest: well based off what you told me I think x service is perfect for that y need/want that you mentioned.
Close: how does that sound to You? Did you want to do x or y?
Close sale. Done. Next.

I have to give them quotes and shit though. And then I have to deal with carriers and stuff, it just feels overwhelming and I'm worried I really just might not be suited for it.

Sales is great if you're great, sales is shit if you're shit. You can make a lot of money. One of my friends just has a lot of fun with potential clients that already turned him, he sends them ridiculous insulting emails for kicks. He says they sometimes convert.

>The fact that you believe this might not be for you, probably makes you a better sales man cause it will force you to be honest instead of going by a shitty script with 0.001% conversion rate.
So being in sales is not about mastering communications (bullshitting), it is just be direct?

90% of sales is about never giving up. You'll miss sales for weeks while your cooworkers seemingly breeze by. You'll think you lost a client but you still gotta press even after they kicked you down because there's that 1% chance they'll convert. You'll get fed all the shit clients at first. But you gotta keep going and push have fun with it. Because who cares, these people are all chucklefucks anyways.

SALES JOB POSTER BOY

I'm not a sales guy, but I know a lot of them and had lots of sales guy tell me I would be a better salesman than them (i have my own business so i interact directly with my clients which gives me some kind of experience i guess).

I've seen both bullshiters and honest people succeeding, but in my experience a bullshiter does 3 times the work. It really depends on your niche though. If OP is the same guy from yesterday, he's trying to sell flatbed transportation. Not exactly a niche where you can bullshit your way through. People will want to know costs, benefits, value, etc.

If he wanted to sell the new DILDO 9000 XTREME, probably bullshit would be the way to go.

Hey. Sales isn't for everyone.

Want to know what's stressful? Selling credit cards to randoms in a grocery store.

Atleast what your doing is a little more professional. I have to beg and swindle international students and old ladies for sales. Quitting as soon as I find something else.

As far as advice goes. What i've been taught is pretty cookie cutter. Creating urgency, backing up any counters and confidence. Use words like limited time, special offer etc. Not sure if you can in your environment but I need too. Counters are important. You need too send information right their way that instantly shoots down their claim or concern. Confidence is also key. Time and product knowledge is important too.

You're going to fumble and sound like a retard. That's okay, I sure as fuck did. I had to shit like three times on my first day I was so nervous.

Good luck bro.

why are you scared?

>Shittiest job ever.
Reasons?

The fact that you believe this might not be for you, probably makes you a better sales man cause it will force you to be honest instead of going by a shitty script with 0.001% conversion rate.
Care to explain that? Then why do high pressure sales advise you follow a script>, it just feels overwhelming a
Why? How can you know if you haven't done it - it almost certainly will be a little full on at first but once you fall into a rhythm and find out your strengths and tactically try and adapt to your weaknesses, maybe chaning your tone of voice, writing down different numbers or perhaps working out how to organize quotes and carreirs and shit it'll get easier yeah?
green text?

Never thought of it like this, but it sounds right.

I once was told it's bullshitters sell well to bullshitters, introverts are better at selling to introverts? Thoughts?

>Care to explain that? Then why do high pressure sales advise you follow a script

Because it's a numbers game and the people they hire are not exactly the brightest. No company has the time to get to know you and develop a custom script that fits you and make it actually sounds authentic. They have their shitty script with 0.01% conversion rate and they want you to call 30000 people this year so they can get their money.

Nobody will give a script to a senior sales guy with 15 years of experience. He will either have his own script that he refined during those 15 years and it actually sounds good or he will improvise depending on the client.

Scripts are for minimum wage students that are trying to make a quick buck while the company wastes as few resources as possible in "training" them.

>I once was told it's bullshitters sell well to bullshitters, introverts are better at selling to introverts? Thoughts?

I don't think you can control what leads you are given so it's a moot point.

At what point is it acceptable to quit a sales job if you clearly aren't with it?

Seems right

Just think of it as an opportunity to generate more money for crypto investments and maybe to let pass more time without lurking. Helps me a lot to not watch the graphs 24/7 but rather only like 1 hour a day after work. More passing time in crypto = actually more time to have some positive development. Best would be to constantly buy BTC for 3 years and never touch them.

>Because it's a numbers game
Ahh gotcha

>I don't think you can control what leads you are given so it's a moot point.
Depends what sales environment you're in though, I would think it's very important from a managerial stance because you might get different selling styles all on the same floor and match salespersons to customers

user, there is money in sales. a lot of it. congrats on your job, it isnt an easy feat in this hostile market. Nobody knows if a job will be what they were after. Just slug it out for a few weeks and see if you like it or not. It is your career , not theirs. do what the fuck you want to do.

Don't be scared know it's a shit job and you can get somewhere higher. I did a sales job. Calling up random businesses and trying to convert them to us (being a credit processor). Shit sucks, I hated the culture of the buisness. They played nigger rap all day and all you hear is phones ringing and people taking. Being a neet, I was ready to come back the next day with an AK-47

When is it okay to quit? How can you tell if the job just isn't suited for you?

That's funny

Look, ideally you'd work a full year ( I am an employer ) , bu that is a decent fraction of any of our lives. This consideration is however merely for your CV. In the US, EU and AUS as far as I know there is a trial period in most contracts. 3 or 6 months. Within that time it is perfectly acceptable to leave if it just ain't rockin' . An employer understands that cultural fit is something neither of you will know until 2-3 months. So go, enjoy the honeymoon period of the first few weeks and test the waters. Never be so foolish to think you need them more than they need you.

The problem is that it's a small company and I've never done sales so there feels like so much that can go wrong.

But since it's very small I don't want to let them down too...

Kys

Sales is bad period

Here was a typical day for me:
>wade though traffic.
>My dad would give me a ride thankfully. Since it was in Downtown LA
>Arrive in 3 piece suit
>have security send me up, she looks at me weird. 50% chance of mass shooter
>go down hall, already hear the thumping of the jungle craze
>eye twitches
>open door see most of them in their cubicles, some in the break room
>loud all around, lots of chatter and the sound of urban talk
>I scan my finger on their check-in system, shit sends me a small electric shock every time
>slowly walk through office to break room
>small desu, space for like 12 cubicles
>I'd sit using my phone, drink something.
>Nigger and beta white dude come out of their hideout
>"alright everyone let's get started"
>every one gets in their cubbies and stands up
>he leads teasing about yesterday's sales should be better , gives a compliment and tries doing a motivational speech thing that's comes out convoluted.
>if a deal was closed they'd congratulate the seller and have them hit a mini gong and mark it on a wall chart

Then hell begins
>hearing the same script with a some alterations from a dozen people in the room
>phone lines going off
>nigger music at full blast, I'm talking the shit you'd hear blasting from cars in Compton or something
>There's two sellers that are not manager types, but they have personalized desks and more influence
>the nigger is heckling some people playfully, randomly calls out people to motivate them
>half of the employees are black chicks, very loud and attitude driven
>hear them argue with the people on the lines

I'm on calls with literal old ladies in the south trying to sell them the credit processing, they can't hear shit. Probably only hear "yeah nigguh, uh huh gimme dat" in the background

Is this even real

How long did you survive....

Also im fucking laughing at the music part

Hahahahahaha

You are literally on a board that almost every post is a sales pitch for their shitcoin. Read over long posts trying to shill or fud a coin and take notes. That's how you sell something.

I was there 1 week, then they let me go. It was because although I did make a deal. Which is rare. They wanted more appointments. Most people just hung up on me or said no. I felt bad selling them something I didn't even know was good or not.

Now I have a comfy as fuck job in security with minimal interaction. Get paid great. I'm on the job right now. I learn coding and watch my crypto all night long here uninterrupted

I need to find a job like that too.

Well security nationwide in the US top two companies are Allied Universal and Securitas. I'm with the first in a business building, so very minimal bullshit to deal with here. Dead quiet out of business hours so lots of chillout time

Need a fucking security license where I live

I got one in two days. Literally retard tier people can get it. Only took 100 bucks

I'm in Canada though, apparently kind of need to actually know shit for the exam but there's a lot courses so I guess it's not that hard guess ill look into which isn't a scam

But what about the ghost user

Well hey if you ever get into it, get a job in a buisness building where you can sit. Last thing you'd want to be is Paul Blarting your way in the mall or some other super populated normies place. I like watching and banting with the buisness girls here with their fat asses and high heels. Great job if you don't want to be under someone's thumb all the time

Ghost?? What you mean user?

I want that too ;-;

Or security at a hospital where during night shifts you do fuckall

You'll get in user just act serious and confident and they'll like you anywhere.