Was sexual intercourse between Southern Europeans and MENAs common in the Roman Empire?

>Eunoƫ, who was descended from Moors, was the wife of Bogudes, King of Mauretania, and a mistress of Julius Caesar, according to Suetonius. She may have replaced Cleopatra in Caesar's affections, when he arrived in North Africa prior to the Battle of Thapsus on April 6, 46 BC.

Caesar was a good man who spread his chadgenes wherever he went.

Yeah, emperors like Septimius Severus had Native African wifes and such

Septimius Severus was African

Probably yes, remember all of MENA was hellenic at that point and Rome had a hard on for Greeks. Also MENA had up until that point hosted all the great civilizations of the past (that the Romans knew of anyway), so it was a popular destination for historians and tourists.

>Severus had Native African wifes and such
No.

Severus received a prophecy that he would meet his wife in Syria. He went to Syria and found Bassianus, a local aristocrat and high priest of the local Emesean Sun God (latinized: Elagabalus). Bassianus might have been Arab (there were Arabs in Syria before the Islamic conquest, like Phillip the Arab) or maybe a local Aramean. Either way, he was a middle easterner.

Severus married his daughter and had two sons, Geta and Caracalla who are mixed Punic/North African and Syrian/Arab.

People definitely mixed around the Mediterranean. I'm a product of such admixture, my parents are native Syrians and this is my ancestry composition.

>MENA was hellenic at that point
Not all of it. West north Africa was not Hellenic. Also Hellenism extended mostly to the area of the middle east close to the Mediterranean and Egypt. The Arabian peninsula was not extensively Hellenized during Roman rule.

Hellenism is somewhat still persistent in some regions of the middle east. I know in the local Aleppo dialect of Arabic the word "Romi" (literally Roman) refers to Greek people since Greeks held government positions after Roman conquest, and quite possibly the Byzantines who called themselves "Roman"

>Romi
More like Roomi

>Bassianus might have been Arab (there were Arabs in Syria before the Islamic conquest

WE

IIRC northern africa (especially tunisia) was a very important part of the roman empire, so it's likely

What are you implying? There were Arabs in the Levant before Islam. They were mostly traders and such.

Even Muhammad traveled to the Levant as a trader, where he presumably learned about the Jewish and Christian faiths in detail.

Yes and look at the life of Augustine of Hippo. He was probably of North African ancestry (Punic and/or Berber) according to some of his writings.

He lived in Rome for a while so it's not too farfetched to think that other successful people from around the empire would travel to Rome and other major cities and live there.

Although Augustine went back to North Africa after his conversion.

talking about north africans
what the fuck are they now?

still majority punic?
majority meds?
only berbers left?
mutts?

(and by north africans i mean exclusively tunisia and algeria)

Maybe traders but not high priests for Aramean sun gods

>talking about north africans
>what the fuck are they now?
I believe OP asked "Was sexual intercourse between Southern Europeans and MENAs common in the Roman Empire?"

So with the life of Augustine, we can infer that people moved around the Empire. People who moved around were likely learned people or people with certain trades. A peasant probably did not move.

The North Africans today are likely a mix of people that lived in the region
>Berbers
>Punic
>Arab
>Italian
>Germanic

People like to think that conquerors would kill everyone, but genetic insights show that this is a fallacy. True, that there were serious deaths that altered the genetic landscape (see Y chromosome haplotypes in Europe), but basal ancestries remain in both genetics and language (for example non-PIE words in proto-Germanic and haplogroup I)

/pol/ BTFO. Caesar was a race mixer

He was largely infertile
His only confirmed child was his daughter Julia

Citation needed

>North Africans today are likely a mix of people
Only Algerians are mutts and they're still purer than most Europeans/Mashriqis.

Appearantly tunisia also has turks in the mix who settled there in ottoman times.

>Maghrebis are pure

Berbers

Indeed

>haplogroups
LOL

>admixture
LMAO

Are you wh*te ?