Who was the most badass cowboi of them all?

who was the most badass cowboi of them all?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Redford
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawbridge,_California
kensinger.blogspot.com/2011/07/drawbridge-california.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vDN4L7cAQf0
youtube.com/watch?v=nI_BKLpSFQg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martín_Fierro
youtube.com/watch?v=i3Q8h-fDfEI
imdb.com/title/tt0065126/
youtube.com/watch?v=bvtF2Ie90m0
sfbws.com/drawbridge
youtube.com/watch?v=3VI2iQXQAOg
youtube.com/watch?v=iKO-68Hp-9k
youtube.com/watch?v=M0xb4K58hQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Robert Duvall

You're mom for riding reverse cowboy on my dick

What is objectively the best western film?

nice joke nerd

Reagan

Spike Spiegel.

Lonesome Dove isn’t just he best Western, it’s the best film I’ve ever seen. Absolutely worth the 6 hours.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Only correct answer

There is no objective best, though most would probably say The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Personally, I find all the different eras have their own perks that set them apart from the rest so:

Best B&W: True Grit
Best spaghetti: TGTBTU
Best modern: Open Range
Best not actually set in the US: The Good, The Bad and The Weird
Best not actually a western but still a western: The Green Berets
Best classic TV show: Bonanza
Best modern TV show: Most would say Deadwood, but I think Hell on Wheels is better, even if the finale was fucking dog dorks.

>Best modern: Open Range
That is not Appaloosa, you fucking retard

Also, since when is True Grit in black and white!?

You're a poser piece of shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Redford

very good read and quite a tale

Nat love

unforgiven

hiCOCK45

>not based TB man Doc Holliday

Sneed

John Wesley Harding

dee dee de de dee

Twink dink prink

Stagecoach

Billy was pretty chill for his age, even if he only killed like 4 people

Also a cute. CUTE

>Cowboiz wer reel

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is objectively the best and most historically accurate western ever made. It's also a criminally underrated film.

Hell on Wheels is absolutely atrocious on all levels. Accuracy is non-existent, cinematography is shit, writing is shit, everything about it is shit.

What city/town has the best Old West atmosphere? Bisbee Arizona for me.

Drawbridge, California

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawbridge,_California

Pic related, took it from an Amtrak train a few weeks ago.

I have yet to visit that one.
Goldfield AZ is another personal favorite even though it looks so stereotypical it's almost Hollywoodish.

>I have yet to visit that one.

Good luck with that, most of it is half-buried in the marsh and there's no road so I hope you either have a boat or are prepared to walk on the railroad tracks, both of which involve committing multiple felonies (trespassing and impeding on the operation of a railway).

Sounds like it's not worth the hassle then.

The kid was a pansy.
John Wesley Hardin was the most badass in the west, very high kill count and ruthless as a rattle snake.

If you really want to, people do sneak in from time to time to take photos (just don't do something stupid enough to warrant a 911 call) or get permission from the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge.

Here's some photos of the town from the 70s when it was still (barely) inhabited.

kensinger.blogspot.com/2011/07/drawbridge-california.html

>of them all

Who do you think?
youtube.com/watch?v=vDN4L7cAQf0
youtube.com/watch?v=nI_BKLpSFQg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martín_Fierro

>And since when is True Grit in black and white?
Since 1969. How are you going to call anyone a poser when you have only seen the colorized version?

they built the town on a marsh?

This

Once Upon a Time in the West is the most beautiful film ever made, but its boring

youtube.com/watch?v=i3Q8h-fDfEI

How am I not seeing The Searchers, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and Rio Bravo among these best western movies.

Is this bait?
>imdb.com/title/tt0065126/
>Color: Color (Technicolor)

Because this thread is full of cucks.

Wyatt Earp

I want to see Billy the Kid x pregnant Anne Frank NOW!

Maybe a nonsensical time travel where he derails a train carrying Jews to Auschwitz with intent to rob it and winds ups rescuing Anne instead and she becomes his partner-in-crime robbing train carrying Nazi gold.

This

>West Side Story
>not cowboys & indians
>latinas were cute though

Dan "Mad Dog" Morgan puts Ned to shame

youtube.com/watch?v=bvtF2Ie90m0

It started out as a small place for the drawbridge operator and his friends could gather and have some fun and evolved by word-of-mouth into an underground hunting lodge/gambling den. The town never had an established government so it existed on the fringe of the rest of the Bay Area in a sort of low-level lawlessness.

sfbws.com/drawbridge

Here's a photo of the town from the air so you can get a better picture of what its layout.

The Wild Bunch

is that water on the top and bottom?

La Plata

The "island" is sinking into the bay because of restoration efforts which have caused the water level to rise, so it's already more of a giant pile of mud than solid ground. Arguably one of the main reasons (along with pollution) the town has been allowed to simply waste away rather than being redeveloped. The last elderly resident left around 1980 and has probably long since died so I doubt anyone's gonna miss it.

pic related

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

it's very interesting thanks for posting these. The rail line will probably need to be repaired in the future if the sinking continues

Unforgiven > Open Range

When he said modern I assumed xxi century

oh well i tought its like 1990 and up

Do Mormons count?

The rail line's on a raised embankment that's reinforced with gravel so it'll be just fine.

You can see the how raised the tracks are compared to the rest of the land in this video. Compare that to this photo of the town from the 1970s .

youtube.com/watch?v=3VI2iQXQAOg

youtube.com/watch?v=iKO-68Hp-9k

As you can see, people do actually go the extra mile (well 2.4 miles) of walking to the town on the railway tracks. Police don't really care enough to bother patrolling the area (they didn't even when people were actually living there either) so the chances of being caught are pretty slim. Don't expect me to do it though, I'm happy with photographing it from the comfort of an Amtrak train.

youtube.com/watch?v=M0xb4K58hQ4

I apologize for the poor quality of these photos btw, the train usually runs through from Fremont to San Jose at around 50mph and you only have about 60 seconds to view the town before it disappears.

bump

Ree Ree Ree Ree reeeeeeee fugg gg x

No Country for Old Men