Veeky Forums tell me everything you now about the French revolution

Veeky Forums tell me everything you now about the French revolution
How was life prior to the revolution, was it really so bad you had to topple the state?
Who were the revolutionaries and did they have good intentions?
I know the basics but I'm wondering if there is more to it than you might learn from a textbook

Other urls found in this thread:

revolutionspodcast.com/2014/07/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Worst thing to ever happen to the world. the average retard does not deserve that much power. Everything bad today can be traced back to it and the enlightenment.

can you elaborate on it though, because I want to understand it

Start here, but even this introduction will be a long journey

revolutionspodcast.com/2014/07/index.html

bump

This. Or the book Citizens, which you can also get free with a trial Audible membership. Just download and cancel right away.

/thread

Read about the San Domingo revolution and you will understand the French Revolution.

>revolutionaries behead the king
>country goes to shit
Wow, who would have thought the lack of a king would lead to the downfall of the country?

t. socrates

this

Good post.

>kills all white men
>lives in squalor for centuries up to present

What did they mean by this?

I know that this painting isn't about the french Revolution.

>the average retard does not deserve that much power
Yeah, only God's chosen retards should ever exercise their divine right to rule.

Look up the ancien régime. Basically, shit was fucked, the country was broke, the poor were being crushed by taxes, and entrenched interests prevented any real reform.

You take that back. Nicky was too good for this world.

Naturally, you are an exception to this

People in this thread are seriously defending the ancien regime? The toxic and inept aristocracy. The pointless and tax evading clergy. The rediculous inequality economically and socially between the classes. Severe limitations on the rights of peasants. The enlightenment was the best thing to happen to humanity. The French revolution was an attempted improvement on the American revolution in terms of egalitarianism. Mistakes were made but because of it most of Europe, via Napoleon, became Republican. The Russians tried to improve on the French revolution having the benefit of Marxism. A lot of good came from the Russian revolution as well. people fail to recognize it becuz too soon. But in 200-300 years teachers will be talking about the great social strides that the Soviet experiment inacted, while condemning the other states for not being as progressive.

Unironically your post prove it.

It was a government consumed by absurd expenditures and nonsensical tax schemes that ensured only the lower and middle classes would shoulder the burden of billions of livres of debt. It's a goddamn miracle a revolution didn't happen sooner.

enlightenment =/= french revolution, brainlet