Mfw the Mexican-American War was an unjust war for territory the US forced

>mfw the Mexican-American War was an unjust war for territory the US forced
>mfw the Mexican-American War made the Civil War inevitable
>mfw the Mexican-American War was still a good thing because it made the US the undisputed power of the continent the land the US conquered has a higher standard of living than they ever would've under Mexico
>mfw Cholos still mad

Polk is one of the most underrated and consequential presidents in US history.

He had 4 goals as president. Acquire California, settle the Oregon dispute, establish an independent treasury, and lower tariffs. He might be the only president to keep his campaign promises

Yes. And he graciously stepped down after 1 term because he had accomplished these goals.

Eh, less graciously stepped down and more kept his word he would only serve one term. Also he died like 4 months after he left the white house so it's not like he would've done much in his second term, and probably wouldn't have won re-election if he sought it.

The Mexican-American war was entirely just. Texas voted for annexation and Mexico tried to block the democracy of a free sovereign nation.
All the Mexicans living in the Mexican territory the US rightfully claimed got to become US citizens and live in an objectively better country anyway, and the only thing Mexican politicians could agree with each other on was a hatred for the US, and this war gave them something to work together on.
Polk is one of the greatest Presidents in US history, and the Mexican-American is not only the most underrated, but the most just in US history.
Beaners gonna bean.

I think the most important question here is... Would we have pregnant Anne Frank if the United States had annexed all of Mexico?

>inb4 Calhounbots start calling me an abolitionist shill

It was a cool war, it was a just war.

the mexicans forced the war. California, Texas, and the others in between didn't want to be apart of Mexico. They didn't since Mexico's war for independence against Spain. No one in Mexico wanted to move north and settle the land. So they allowed Germans and Americans to settle it. The Germans and Americans didn't care for some little dictator like Santa Anna. So they rebelled. Even California was on and off again in their revolt against Mexican rule. Eventually they decide to join the USA and get protection against Mexican despotism.

>It was a cool war
>Be a plastic paddy
>Find out about the battalion of traitors who turned guns on the country that saved them from famine for some spots of land in Mexico
>Stop being a plastic paddy

Don't forget the US conquered New Mexico without firing a shot. The US literally just gave the governor 50,000 dollars and he disbanded his army and left

and we should have taken more of the northern mexicans that didn't want to be part of mexico. except the southern states wanted more slave territories. So Polk decided against it.

>By order of Gen. Winfield Scott, thirty San Patricios were to be executed at Chapultepec in full view of the two armies while they fought the Battle of Chapultepec, at the precise moment that the flag of the U.S. replaced the flag of Mexico atop the citadel. This order was carried out by Col. William Harney. Harney was taunted and jeered by the condemned men. While overseeing the hangings, Harney ordered Francis O'Connor hanged even though he had had both legs amputated the previous day. When the army surgeon informed the colonel that the absent soldier had lost both his legs in battle, Harney replied: "Bring the damned son of a bitch out! My order was to hang 30 and by God I'll do it!"
> Harney refused to cut the bodies down, stating that "I was ordered to have them hanged, and have no orders to unhang them"; Harney was subsequently promoted to brigadier general
Do it again William Harney

still doesn't change the fact that mexicans have a culture and history, americans don't
all the wars and money in the world won't change that

Fucking based

Eh, it was less that and more the Mexicans were refusing to give more land and Trist, who despite being recalled by Polk, decided to continue to negotiate anyway. Until he got a treaty that could pass through both the Mexican and American legislators. Trist, despite having been ordered to leave several months earlier, submitted his treaty to Polk who realized this was probably the best deal the US was going to get despite Polk wanting even more of Mexico. After some slight amendments that removed some protections the Catholic Church would've received in the newly conquered territories, passed both countries' respective legislatures

Hard to fathom that someone could say something so incredibly stupid. Must be a spic.

Traitors deserved what they got

Stay mad Cholo

muh heritage traitors got what they deserved.

You're not native and you're not white, and wrapping shit in shitty thin bread and brutally killing your neighbors weekly isn't a culture.

Culture and history are overrated shit.

fuckin lmao

lmao I'm not even mexican
not even latin american in fact

If i vote to secede my home to China and then allow china to put military bases in my backyard is would be legal? Autodeterminationcucks should kill themselves

You are justified except China wouldn't do something absolutely retarded and you'd just be a crazy man being arrested.

>what is reading comprehension
Secedecucks, please behave.

Aren't Cholos the gangsters from east LA? Or am I missing something. Either way Latin American history is pretty kino a bunch of weird shit happened throughout. How much different would the US and Mexican history be if Polk annexed all of Mexico, or just some states?

he died of cholera on his plantation iirc. in other words, he died because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Ehhhh I don't think the US really would've been able to annex many more states. There were a LOT of problems with it, first of all I really doubt the US would be able to properly govern all of Mexico without constant uprisings. Second, it wouldn't have been good for the Mexicans as they would've been treated poorly by the (largely) Protestant and white Yanquis. Lastly, there were a lot of people who did not want that many nonwhites in the US as they might've been able to get citizenship. The only but of extra territory I can see the US feasibly getting was the Baja, besides that I think we got a pretty good deal. Maybe include the area in the Gadsen purchase but we just bought that anyway a few years later

Now this guy knows how to deal with Irish subhumans.

Thought it was cancer

We don't really know for certain, but it's thought most likely to be cholera

>Harney was called to Washington to discuss the situation. He was captured by Confederates en route and was offered a command by Confederate General Robert E. Lee. He turned down the offer, but because he was a Tennessean, his captors graciously released him and allowed him to continue on to Washington.
How did the madman keep getting away with it

Can't Killarney the Harney

that's not mexican

>Texans betray Mexico and join USA
Muh Self-determinism, war against a weaker power is justified!
>South tries this shit a few decades later
Wtf, you can't leave you belong to us!

Sometimes I wish the CSA got their wish and the UK and France helped Balkanize the USA.

It's a nation built on hypocrisy.

What was Germany's involvement in the Mexican revolution?

Your timeline is off amigo

>All the Mexicans living in the Mexican territory the US rightfully claimed got to become US citizens
Actually a lot of them got deported.

Not that user but how do you mean?

>most just [war] in US history.
nah it was a boldfaced hostile invasion of a weaker neighbor for the express purpose of despoiling them of their land. polk meant to have california by any means necessary and sent americans to needlessly die in mexican territory as a specious pretext for war

It only isn't if you want to be overly literal and (a smartass) and say that "Mexican" refers to the indigenous natives of the Mexica people. The rest of us however understand the difference between that group and the modern Mexican nation within which said ruins reside thus making said ruins Mexican.

Or you know. We could argue about it until you finally get your days recommended allotment of self worth.

Limiting themselves to the current contiguous United States is the worst thing the US could have done for the rest of humanity.

Unfortunately the US at the time was plagued by short sightedness and racial complexes.

The true aim of the United States should have never been to limit itself to two measly oceans. It should have strived for nothing less than complete continental ownership.

But nooooo, there were "brown people" to the south, can't have that. Too bad they didn't realize this was a brown continent and slowly but surely the populations makeup will regress to normality as it always does.

But now it'll suck.

>Americans invited to settle in Texas
>A faraway and corrupt government tries to force them to give up their property and convert to Catholicism
>Liberty loving Texans rise up in rebellion and win with the help of America
It was nothing short of another American Revolution stay mad Juan

Well we really should've gotten Canada but those cowards didn't join us in 1776 and Great Britain was too powerful too go to war with over Canada

By the 1840's not really. I mean yes, on paper, but manning and supplying Canada in the face of constant American warfare against it would have eventually resulted in an American victory.

Britain was still our biggest trading partner and they had the world's strongest navy. There's a reason Polk chose to negotiate with them instead of invading like he did Mexico

Yeah, because he was a short sighted political profiteer. The whole of the Americas should be united under the US flag. Manifest destiny should have spread from Alaska to Cape Horn.

>It's a nation built on hypocrisy.
Every. One. Is.
"History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars." - Cpt. Price

>Muh Self-determinism, war against a weaker power is justified!
>muh protecting the sovereignty of slavery in a country (mexico) which has anti slavery laws in a new nation (
t. southern controlled congress, presidency and naval and army commanders
>Wtf, you can't leave you belong to us!
t. southerners comprising of same renegade officials as above who used the US government as a used whore they proceeded to discard once it turned against them (by electing Lincoln and the republicans)

The US had already cucked the bongs in North America, and intimidated them out of garrisoning their colony, meaning it was actually a vassal of the US.

Texas secession wasn't only about slavery, other mexican states seceded as well and they didn't have slaves. Also there were a lot of northern expansionists too. The idea that the pre civil war government was "controlled" by the south is literally 1860 propaganda.

I feel like you don't know much about history