Historic Religious Texts: Update 60 - Mystical Islam II

Library Link:
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>A.’.A.’.>Philosophy
XVI by Scarlet Imprint (Anthology on the Tower Card of the Tarot) ((I really need to shore up a Scarlet Imprint folder))

>Mystical Islam
Suhrawardi – The Shape of Light
Publications of the Institute of the History of Arabic-Islamic Science, vol 90, Islamic Philosophy, Al-Suhrawardi Texts and Studies. (multilingual)
Publications of the Institute of the History of Arabic-Islamic Science, vol 91, Islamic Philosophy, Al-Suhrawardi Texts and Studies. (English and Arabic)
Knowledge in Later Islamic Philosophy – Mulla Sadra on Existence, Intellect, ad Intuition
Mulla Sadra’s Book of Metaphysical Penetrations
Sadr al Din Shirazi and his Transcendent Theosophy
Wisdom of the Throne – An Intro to Mulla Sadra
Mulla Sadra’s On the Hermenuetics of the Light Verse of the Qur’an
Mulla Sadra’s Transcendent Philosophy
Sufisim in an Age of Transition

If anyone has English resources on the Jariri Fiqh, then I'd gladly take 'em.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulla_Sadra#Philosophical_ideas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_literature_in_Western_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamakura_period#Flourishing_of_Buddhism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_Japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haibutsu_kishaku
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump for Sufism, Illuminationism, and Suhrawardi's existentialism.

What the hell is the bump timer at these days anyway? I know it was at ten minutes for a long damn time.

>tfw no (You)'s from Veeky Forums today
C'mon guys /x/ is super shitty right now.

>2 answerable questions in /x/ that haven't been asked to death
>doesn't respond to either

(No)

is the jariri fiqh derived from al-tabari? his historical chronicles are super fascinating

What are you talking about you fucking autist?

>XVI by Scarlet Imprint
hey friend I'm not sure this made it into the aforementioned folder

>his historical chronicles are super fascinating
I, uh, wouldn't know but if you've got something hit us up.

I'll look shortly.

Pardon me for uploading and recordkeeping while you were asking questions?

was Mulla Sadra the one who came up with the early concept of something akin to a "hivemind"

>Mulla Sadra
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulla_Sadra#Philosophical_ideas

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulla_Sadra#Philosophical_ideas

a lot of these guys just kind of seem like Aristotle 2.0

yes exactly
scholars during the islamic golden age obsessed over / expanded on aristotle
it's through these scholars that interest in aristotle was reborn in europe (via the scholastics)

I googled it. It's a sunni madhhab (school of jurisprudence) derived from al-Tabari's thought that has since gone extinct. Seems pretty close to modern shafi'i and progressive for its time

Another central concept of Mulla Sadra's philosophy is the theory of "substantial motion" (Arabic:al-harakat al-jawhariyyah), which is "based on the premise that everything in the order of nature, including celestial spheres, undergoes substantial change and transformation as a result of the self-flow (fayd) and penetration of being (sarayan al-wujud) which gives every concrete individual entity its share of being.

man the philosophy you like sure has a common theme

looking out for that Scarlet Imprint book

>sunni madhhab
Yes I know what Jariri is hence why I want some English sources but I'm fundamentally uncertain of it's history and context, like the quality of al-Tabari's thought compared to other historians.

Someone remind me tomorrow if it's still not showing up because it might be doing that thing where it's showing movement for me but for nobody else.

I used to have access to al-Tabari's History of Prophets and Kings through my universe and the small sections I read were pretty interesting. The only insight I gleaned about the author is that he seemed uniquely willing to understand heterodox movements before condemning them

yeah matter of fact the islam drops aren't showing up either, cleared the browser cache and tried a second browser and the whole shebang. I'll try to remember to remind you tomorrow

Someone do me a solid see if this shit is working for you people yet, I hit a reboot and tried yet again so hopefully third time's the charm.

Yeh is gucci

I just got XVI from the Philosophy directory, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback mates.

You are a faggot. All of those books are shit. I bet you're brain damaged from doing drugs. You don't even know what true mysticism is about.

Why are you so angry user?

Perhaps you'd like to educate all of unwashed plebs about the TRUE mysteries, user?

Who hurt you?

>show me on the doll where the librarian touched you

Hello, I don't have time to get into your thread right now, bc working but bump for appreciation of your effort.

keked irl also this is me

Read the Platform Sutra by Hui Neng. Best English translation is Yampolsky. Red Pine's translation is also good.

Then get a bunch of solitude in natural scenery, remain celibate, avoid drugs, do Shikantaza, and write poetry that springs naturally from your contemplation. Eventually, you'll get it or have some semblance of wisdom...

There is a unity between contemplation and wisdom. They are in fact no different. Solitude is really needed to tacitly apprehend one's true nature.

>Chan Buddhism
Why not just go straight for Dzogchen? Or any of the Prajnaparamita Sutras if you've a nondualist bent.

>get a bunch of solitude in natural scenery
>and write poetry that springs naturally from your contemplation
I'm not entirely sure how this contrasts against Sufism, since it advocates both.

>There is a unity between contemplation and wisdom.
Absolutely agreed.

So, um, your advice for TRUE MYSTICISM that's better than SHITTY SUFISM is to write poetry and be in nature and contemplate....three things advocated by various Sufis?

Happy new year.

Bump.

>thread on Islam
Eww gross fuck Islam. Islam is poopy smelly stinky bad. Fuck Muslims and poophammad poop be upon him and fuck Pisslam also. Gross i hate Islam and Muslims. I don't want to learn about your religion of shit.

Nobody's forcing you. If you don't like it you're free to close the thread, hide it, and go back to brainlet wojak posting or the designated KARA BOGA thread or whatever it is you folks do.

No fuck Pisslam and fuck you. You're a terrorist supporter and you love isis. Get out of America and Europe and go back to Iran. I don't want to learn about your religion of shit and your pedophile lover Muhammad. Sicko degenerate.

No, I wasn't criticizing Sufism or even mystical Christianity, both of which have many great wise poets. I am criticizing your collection of magick esoteric texts. Stuff like Crowley (A.A.) is incompatible with Sufism, Chan, Christian mysticism, and (maybe) Dzogchen.

Your collection is focused more on weird esteric rituals and not genuine mysticism.

Omar Khayyam was very popular among Western literary figures like Oscar Wilde. Nietzsche, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Goethe also loved Persian poetry a lot.

You let the present blind you to a great literary tradition because you are philistine scum.

Also, Crowley's esotericism is far more degenerate than anything from Islam, and many of your leaders are obsessed with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_literature_in_Western_culture

>I am criticizing your collection of magick esoteric texts.
What, exactly, is wrong with it?

>Stuff like Crowley (A.A.) is incompatible with Sufism,
And why, exactly, is it incumbent upon me to exclude tradition X because it contrasts against tradition Y, in a general use library?

>Not genuine mysticism
You still have yet to define what that is other than "nature, poetry, contemplation".

I'm sorry, the idea that "your leads" are obsessed with Crowley is laughable, as a guy obsessed enough with Crowley to procure, digitize, and post his unpublished papers in the Yorke Microfilms.

>You're a terrorist supporter and you love isis.
I'm not Muslim.

>Get out of America and Europe and go back to Iran.
user, I'm Amerind.

>user, I'm Amerind.
Fucking based.
Inchallah you'll take over the land of your ancestors habibi

Only traditions that promote solitary contemplation and wisdom are of value. Magick promotes ambition and the fabrication of false ideals.

>You still have yet to define what that is other than "nature, poetry, contemplation".
"Solitary contemplation within natural scenery" generally leads to a common thread within various traditions. This includes much of Sufism, Christian mysticism, and so forth. I consider Chan to be the purest expression of this wisdom, of prajnaparamita, beyond dogma.

What we notice in figures like Emily Dickinson, St. John of the Cross, Saadi Shirazi, Shiwu (Stonehouse), and more are these:

>the unity between self and world
>the value of solitude in cultivating an inner world that harmonizes with one's daily affairs
>all ambition and egocentric drive are futile -- to rephrase, the value of quiescence of mind
>how all wisdom is internal, not in external matters
>a process of constant inquiry and inward self-reflection
>the value of self-renunciation (which magick opposes)

etc., etc.,

Crowley is a piece of shit. Esoteric stuff like that, like magick and Egyptian schizophrenia, may be interesting from an aesthetic angle, but they offer no real wisdom, no real path to self-liberation.

>"your leads" are obsessed with Crowley is laughable
Crowley was a hack and people who like him are icchantikas. He was involved in MI6 for crying out loud...

And yes, a lot of the leaders in USA, especially in Hollywood, are big into Crowley. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to it.

There is a blackness to ambition... there is a blackness to stuff like magick. It is incompatible with genuine mystical paths, and I think if you continue propagating this shit, then you will suffer for endless kalpas. It is impossible for people involved in magick to tacitly apprehend their true natures.

إذا أراد الله ذلك

South American traditions are very brutal. My friend, who is enlightened, told me to beware "Aztec princes". You must eradicate your violent tendencies and not engage in activities like magick. South America and Mexican heritage are not as deep as others and lack real contemplative figures, I hate to tell you this.

>There is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to it.
Show me because as a Thelemic initiate I see zero evidence of this.

>Only traditions that promote solitary contemplation and wisdom are of value. Magick promotes ambition and the fabrication of false ideals.
Which is why Crowley went on multiple major bouts of self isolation and contemplation? China? Boleskine? Algeria? Etc.? These don't count because you don't like his other methods?

>Egyptian schizophrenia
I dunno why Coming Forth by Day is schizophrenic.

>icchantikas
Then I guess I'm utterly condemned and you're wasting your breath on me.

>He was involved in MI6 for crying out loud...
And HH Tenzin Gyatso is connected to the CIA; I'm not sure what either have to do with anything.

Are you my guruji, user?
If not you may want to save your warnings for someone you actually have authority over.

>Thelemic initiate
I knew it! I can sense the madness and the derangement and schizophrenia within your very words. You are most certainly one of the most depraved people I have encountered, especially since your tastes in mystical literature is such shit.

>Which is why Crowley went on multiple major bouts of self isolation and contemplation?
While raping little boys and engaging in debauchery. A degree of refraining from sensual indulgence is necessary for true wisdom.

>I'm not sure what either have to do with anything.
It has to do with genuineness.

>Then I guess I'm utterly condemned
Only if you drop your self-centeredness and understand you're just wasting time on schizophrenic bullshit.

No, I am saying that true wisdom is found purely in your mind, but the path you have chosen is one of fostering delusion. It is true that infinity does not exclude delusion, but you have to see what is beyond delusion. This is because all you know is fostering delusion and perpetuating it.

You chose a path of self-centeredness, egotism, and indulgence of sensual pleasures. You have not chosen the true way because you are simple-minded. Some degree of celibacy, solitude within natural scenery, and self-renunciation are needed for true understanding. You have chosen debauchery, over-stimulation in entertainment saturated environment, and self-aggrandizement. I point to your luminous mind that the clouds of delusion obscure, but you choose to frivolously waste time on nonsense... and deep down you know it.

user, I know people love to toss around schizophrenia and degenerate and similar but I've been hosting these threads for something like six years now and if you want me to give you more (You)s then you're gonna need something WAY more substantial than name calling.

But I'm sure than instead of substantiating any of your assertions you'll just pinball to your next whiny point.

Dear lurkers, have you ever noticed that folks most eager to call others egoistic and deluded are also the fastest to make massive and rather baseless assumptions about the practices and understandings of others?

Note, instead of asking me literally anything about the mechanics of my current praxes, he is simply against his own preconceptions.

In any case my Buddhism files are three gigs from the Tripitaka to the Kangyur, so if his concern is promulgation of the Dharma, I dunno why he's latched onto all the things he doesn't like, rather than point out the resplendent path of stream-entry.

I gave a better post here:
You are obsessed with fulfilling carnal desires and calling this enlightenment. You are a fool.

Magick is not compatible with practicing the true Way or Dharma, which is about solitary contemplation and quieting one's mind allowing for an explosion of meanings. Instead, you are creating meanings from egocentric bubble and touting this as true understanding.

I am pointing the best path, but you cling too much to your preconceptions and Thelemic bullshit to understand. I bet you guys have crazy orgies in your Thelemite gatherings and think this is "spiritual" when in fact it is just leading to more falsities.

"Losing is satori. Winning is illusion. Not coveting a single thing is the greatest gift you can give to the universe." -- Kodo Sawaki

You covet ambition, sensual pleasures, empowering delusion, and entertainment-saturated environments. These are not the true Way.

>Instead, you are creating meanings from egocentric bubble and touting this as true understanding.
>you cling too much to your ... Thelemic bullshit to understand
>I bet you guys have crazy orgies in your Thelemite gatherings and think this is "spiritual" when in fact it is just leading to more falsities.

Tripitaka:
Majjhima Nikaya 117 PTS: M iii 71
Majjhima Nikaya 141 PTS: M iii 248
"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, and from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

I use this harsh speech for expedient purposes in order to make you understand the path you have chosen is wrong. Yes, we all have a fundamental equal essence as but our functions are different and relative. It is true that they interpenetrate each other, but I am simply pointing out, however, your Thelemic path precludes capacity to perceive into your fundamental nature or essence as the Universe.

I use this harsh speech for expedient purposes in order to make you understand the path you have chosen is wrong. Yes, we all have a fundamental equal Buddha-nature but our functions are different and relative. It is true that they interpenetrate each other, but I am simply pointing out, however, your walking on the Thelemic path precludes capacity to perceive into your fundamental nature or essence as the Universe.

I recommend Toni Packer's Work of this Moment and J. Krishnamurti's Freedom from the Known. These are good books that point to the Way.

You are clinging to the known and conceptual thought in a way that is very destructive. When you refrain from sensual indulgence and get daily solitude within natural scenery whilst reading quality works, then the poetic words shall naturally flow into you... and only then are these words aligned with the Absolute.

Every being has potential to recognize their Buddha nature, but you have chosen the wrong path.

Bump, in case anyone actually wants to discuss Buddhism instead of bitching really hard.

You are interested in discussing external matters rather than penetrating your true nature, which is fundamentally what Buddhism is about. Your true nature is Infinite and includes both what is and what is not, yet you dwell on what is not endlessly. You do not truly speak in-line with your true nature because your mind is clouded by delusion and grasping phenomena, as if they're substantial, because you are involved in the adharmic practices of Thelema.

What I am saying is that unless you are in the absorptive state (aka samadhi), rather than dwelling on ambition or sensual indulgence like Thelemites do, then all you will do is parrot the suttas rather than speak from original insight.

It is not that I am bitching or denigrating you. It is more that I am critiquing your decision to stray to Thelema and silly esoteric crap.

Also, read Emily Dickinson if you want to see an example of the true Zen from a non-Buddhist.

I'm not exactly sure what about Veeky Forums makes everyone an internet evangelist but it's super annoying.

If I divulged how much Buddhism I am practicing or have practiced, would it even matter? Upon simply hearing the information of a Thelemic initiation, not even knowing whether it's current, or if I still hold to it, or if I've left, it's nothing but a torrent of "SCHIZO, DELUSION, BULLSHIT", of which only the second one may be permissible insomuch as any (non)arisen phenomenon is, even up to and including the Dharma (for the true Dharma cannot be told or untold, etc., for our nondualists or Prajnaparamita fans).

Remember folks, introspection begins with inquisition and if you can't do that, or at least pretend to have a substantial idea of what you're saying, nobody's gonna take you seriously. For example, if the tables were turned, and this were a thread specifically about Buddhism, and I came into to complain how Buddhism is all bullshit while making facile statements thereon, would anyone actually give me the time of day? No, the only thing I'd be doing is bumping a thread that I supposedly am ideologically opposed to.

I feel like this is an excellent learning exercise in mutual engagement.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Christ, what an asshole.

Anonymity.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be the guy that claimed to be Orthodox on /x/ and could BTFO any/all occultism then proceeded to spend 300 posts going:
>"SCHIZO, DELUSION, BULLSHIT",
And tried to pass off Ken Grant as an authoritative even though he couldn't correctly attribute literally the only authoritative source that Grant had access to (Ananda Lahare, annotated by a Kaula initiate through the Holy Order of Krisna, btw).

Bump.

Bump-zinga.

Hey you ever look into the theology of Aum Shinrikyo? What sort of crazy shit do they believe in?

Fucking heathen shit get off my boards, dont you know based ghazali have blown away your ilk hundreds of year ago already?

I'm SUPER uneducated about it but from my facile understanding it appears to be basic apocalyptic Japanese Vajra revivalism (various Vajra sects were suppressed ca. 13th C. by orthodox Shingon Buddhism).

(you)

>fire doesn't burn because heat makes combustible things catch fire
>I-it happens because g-god dun it
Protestant theology/10

Have my (You) as a consolation prize.

two questions:
What’s your opinions on esoteric Roman Catholicism.
what’s your opinion on perennial traditionalism?

Hey Thoth, what do you think of Kierkegaard? How about Nietzsche?

>your opinions on esoteric Roman Catholicism
Depends on what you mean.
I think Molinos is based (as in Spiritual Guide not Molinism) but if he's too EXCOMMUNICATED for you then Mirror of Simple Souls was released in like 1950something with Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur so there's that.

>Perennialism
Dumbest shit a brilliant dude like Huxley could engage in but to his credit:
>Albion
>not perfidious
Etc.

I like N more than K but if only that they're each progressive steps toward the transgressive religious philosophy of Bataille.

>Bataille

Interesting. What's you're take on the post-structuralists that were influenced by him?

Kierkegaard is pretty religious.

To be honest with you, I don't like the Catholic trinity, but I don't mind Kierkegaard's philosophy even. It is pretty beautiful

It's a grab bag of generally decent authors. Derrida's full of shit imho but that's not a controversial statement even among poststructuralists. I like Foucault way more than I should but his books on madness are at least compelling. I like Guattari more than Deluze but can only get so much mileage out of Anti Oedipus.

At the end of the day I'm still a phenomenologist in the vein of like William James's protophenomenology and Maurice Merleau-Ponty or even Levinas (Totality and Infinity).

>Derrida's full of shit

I don't think you're giving him a fair chance. As far as language goes, he has a point, and it's not something that's exclusive to him (you can see similar nominalist critiques of language as far back as Antisthenes).

>you can see similar nominalist critiques of language as far back as Antisthenes
Foucault's reduction of N's philosophy as a struggle with/against language was a way more convincing and coherent nominalist framework than anything I've seen Derrida produce.

I'm not saying we should throw the hog out with the wash, mind you, but if I'm gonna take D's general position, it's not going to be using his framework.

>Dumbest shit a brilliant dude like Huxley could engage in
why does perennalism get such a hate stick when every religion teachings themes and concepts, as well as visions of after life realms which are similar beyond coincide?

>when every religion teachings [have similar] themes and concepts
If you can make a direct connections between Upper Orinoco shamanism and Nestorianism, you're a far more brilliant dude than me.

>If you can make a direct connections between Upper Orinoco shamanism and Nestorianism, you're a far more brilliant dude than me.
Well, what about tengrism? A shamanism that's somewhat evolved into a high religion?

Whats your opinion on ibn taymiyyah?

>Well, what about tengrism
What about it?
It's not Upper Orinoco shamanism and Nestorianism flourished in it's presence so no wonder Nestorianism and Tengrism have overlap.

Look we can all be amazed at the apprehension of similar mysteries like between Ain in Judaism and Sahaja in Buddhism but once we start saying "oh it's all the same" we start missing out on foundational and componential details.

Perennialism says "one path with detours and meanders, one mountaintop", whereas I say "many paths and many routes ending at different faces and vantage points of the same improbably shaped and functionally inaccessible mountaintop".

>takfiri
Well it ain't off to a good start, but I probably can't even be considered Ahl al-Kitāb so take my feelpinion for what it's worth.

>Orinoco shamanism and Nesotrainism
Both believe in spirits.

Do you, uh, see why I don't find that to be an earth shattering revelation, user?

No? checkmate

>various Vajra sects were suppressed ca. 13th C. by orthodox Shingon Buddhism

Shingon Buddhism (真言宗 Shingon-shū) is one of the major schools of Buddhism in Japan and one of the few surviving VAJRAYANA lineages in East Asia, originally spread from India to China through traveling monks such as Vajrabodhi and Amoghavajra
Wikipedia

Other key terms that amplify the character of the Shingon tradition include tantra, which originates as a bibliographic category but which is now used as a synonym for the esoteric tradition within Buddhism, and Vajraya¯na, which means the thunderbolt vehicle, referring to the speed of attaining full awakening... Maha¯ya¯na. Mikkyo¯ is also often used in association with Shingon and means esoteric teachings. While Shingon is predominantly esoteric in character, an esoteric element is also found in the Tendai tradition.
Jones, L. (editor). Encyclopedia of Religion, Vol. 12, p. 8348

In Japan, Shingon has also come to serve as the name for the various esoteric (MIKKYŌ) traditions that traced their teachings back to the eminent Japanese monk KŪKAI. Through Kūkai’s newly imported ritual systems, monks and other initiated individuals were said to be able to gain access to the power of the cosmic buddha Mahāvairocana, understood to be the DHARMAKĀYA, leading to all manner of feats, from bringing rain and warding off disease and famine, to achieving buddhahood in this very body (SOKUSHIN JŌBUTSU). Kūkai taught the choreographed ritual engagement with MAṆḌALA, the recitation of MANTRAs and DHĀRAṆĪ, and the performance of MUDRĀ and other ritual postures that were said to transform the body, speech, and mind of the practitioner into the body, speech, and mind of a particular buddha.
Buswell, R. The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism.

>one of the few surviving VAJRAYANA
>few surviving
Hence the use of the words "orthodox" and "suppression".

>Hence the use of the words "orthodox" and "suppression"
>orthodox
>suppression

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_Japan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haibutsu_kishaku

In case you don't get it, Buddhism didn't suppress Buddhism, especially in the 13th century. The decline of Buddhism in Japan happened for other reasons, and later than the 13the century.

>Buddhism didn't suppress Buddhism, especially in the 13th century
Tachikawa-ryu was, like Shingon, based in vajrayana-tantra which were very close in style to Hevajra and Candamaharosana Tantra-based consecrations that had in 10th and 11th centuries. In contradistinction to the "mixed esotericism" of Tantra, of which two medieval movements were termed jakyo (heresies). One of these, injected into Shingon from Tibet via Chinese Daoism, was the Tachikawa-ryu. Unlike its orthodox cousin it was much more inclined towards 'secret' left-hand tantra rituals with its usage of sexual energy as a method to attain bliss. Ninkan primarily used, founder of Shingon, Kōbō Daishi's (Kūkai 空海) text sokushin jōbutsu (即身成仏) (Bodily Buddhahood) to support his ideologies and views. This caused discontent in the orthodox followers.

It appears from the historical record that Tachikawa-ryu was very widely accepted and practiced and by the middle of the 13th century during the Nanboku-chō period had become a major contender with the orthodox branch of Shingon. This marks what is considered the second period of the school. Beginning in the 13th century the orthodox branch of Shingon at Koyasan began a smear campaign against Tachikawa-ryu. This second period lasted until about 1500AD. The discrimination and attack by the orthodox branch at Koyasan reached its climax in about 1470AD.

From 1470-1500 marks the beginning of the third period, of the school. By this time the orthodox branch of Shingon had managed to formally denounce and excommunicate most teachings and practitioners of Tachikawa-ryu from its ranks. However, it was still very popular with the general populace. Works were still published especially the Himitsu Nembutsu (Secret Mystery of Mindfulness of Amida Buddha) developed by Kakuban and Dōhan.

It is my, and again please correct me if I'm wrong, understanding that Aum Shinrikyo is a form of revivalism reaching back toward a more eschatological, esoteric, ritualized, and ultimately more transgression iteration of Vajrayana, not similar to but not unlike Tachikawa-ryu compared to more currently prevalent forms of the orthodox Japanese schools.

You're the Millennial asshole who has probably not read a single real contemplative text.

I have no idea who the hell you're talking about, but your Thelemite practice is spiritually impoverished and at odds with real mysticism. Go back to your sex magick.

I doubt anyone here has experienced kensho, and they're just regurgitating non-contemplative texts thinking they've got it.

I can give you a list of real contemplative texts from both the West and East, but you'd probably ignore them due to your hubris, just like your idol Crowley who actually insulted and called J. Krishnamurti racial slurs out of envy. Unlike Crowley, J. Krishnamurti had real mystical experiences, especially noticeable if you read his journal.

>Millennial asshole
Dude's over fifty.

>your Thelemite practice is spiritually impoverished
What does it consist of, since you're so well informed about the intimate practices of strangers on the webernet.

>I can give you a list of real contemplative texts from both the West and East
It'd sure beat aimless bitching and maybe form the basis of new discussion, but god forbid we have that on Veeky Forums.

>for the true Dharma cannot be told or untold, etc., for our nondualists or Prajnaparamita fans
Poetry that naturally arises from the background of stillness, during deep absorptive states, are aligned with the true Dharma.

I can recommend such poetry. I already did a little bit...

>just like your idol Crowley who actually insulted and called J. Krishnamurti racial slurs out of envy.
Not envy. Fear, according to his own reflections and regrets. If you're looking for someone to defend Crowley when he's clearly and abjectly wrong about a particular topic and clearly and objectively admits he fucked up, then you're gonna have to find someone else.

Same as how I won't defend his Massey adulation, or his refusal to put more formal logic in his texts for the sake of broad reader comprehension.