Miracles

How exactly do requested miracles work?

In the bible, God/Jesus seems to encourage asking for them repeatedly and vehemently and also continually saying that miracles are no problem for him and he will come through. Yet in real life people always say God does not answer everyone's request but in the bible it says he'll come through and more.

So my question is that, is it a matter of faith and a level of faith or is it completely arbitrary in God's mind and you asking makes no difference? Because this couldn't be any more confusing and misleading literature if the latter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv7I3Tu7tWk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

d20 roll+charisma I think
Never liked D&D that much.

God answers every prayer, but sometimes the answer is "no".

If you don't get a miracle, God doesn't want you to win. You were on the wrong side, whether you wanted to be on His side or not was irrelevant. God chooses his own based on his own abhuman predilections and/or Great Plan.

ok so the "with a mustard seed of faith you can move mountains and the ask and you shall receive thing" is bullshit or it depends on the level of faith of the person? like someone can ask for a favor but it may be worse to say yes to him because it will enable him and will get further from god?

All miracles are from God.
God-The Holy Spirit did miracles through prophets and apostles.
Jesus did miracles because He was God Himself.

المسءله ببصاطه إجابتها حسب حدود الاهوت في الدين المعيٰن الاحنا بنبحث في. بالنسبۃ لاليهود, نموذجهم للاله لن يقدملهم معجزات في ما بعد لانهُ "أدی واجبه" و لالمسيحيين بعضهم يوءمنو به المعجزات تبع مقياس الايمان و بعض منهم لا يوءمنو. تبع المله أو الطاءفه المسيحيه و نموذجها لالمسيح المفضله. فاهِمني؟

Yeah right it depends on the level of faith.

Everything takes time too, always try to ask for something which takes time, not immediate gratification unless your life is on the line.

It's feelgood bullshit a human wrote in the Bible for humans to feel good about religion.

God, and all the gods, have the power and the final say in divine intervention. They don't answer to us, they can be as fickle or generous as they please. "Ask and you shall receive" is more like, "Ask, and God will still do whatever he already had planned because infinite and incomprehensible wisdom."

>the thing you want is the thing you need
God moves in mysterious ways and prayer and miracles isn't a sky wizard wish box that grants you everything you ask for.

Jesus spent like literally 90% of his time on earth performing miracles and healings so clearly he wasn't stingy. I truly believe that in the ancient times most people were faith filled or god fearing so they were ripe for God's work to manifest but today its rare as we are virtually secular and don't believe at all really. It just doesn't make sense that God would perform thousands of miracles then be like yea im not feeling them anymore. i think its just that most people have inauthentic or conditional type of faith these days

They don't.

....yet he told us to ask him like the ABBA he is, its prolly becuase most people dont have true faith or dont ask wholesomely good things

.................>

This sentiment is correct. Sadly we are far from having as much faith as we should in God these days. But there are still people like you and I who understand. Thus, we can make a positive impact.

Whatever work Jesus was getting done in his mortal life was according to God's plan, any "wish granting" he did for the ill and hungry just happened to fall into that plan. Maybe he wanted people to witness his power, maybe he needed Jesus' authority understood by man, but he didn't heal the blind and make fish from nothing just because people were hungry and wanted to see.

OP asks how requested miracles work, they don't. God does this shit of his own will, not our desires.

God Bless Brother/Sister.

Right. So essentially you are saying he is a liar since he is the one who most propagated using his power for miracles and faith filled requests. Don't be sly. You are sad for something that is not God's fault. And are too arrogant to ask for his help. Please have faith. Change. God even says in the bible he is not against you, he is for you. But dont be conditional like a dog, happy only when things are perfect. God doesnt need or want your misery, there would be no need to have creation just to witness more problems

>You are sad for something that is not God's fault.
If God is omnipotent, then everything is either partly or wholly God's fault.

he created chess and the chess boards, we made the moves, always remember that someone is going through or went through something many times worse and came out triumphant, so dont be arrogant to think you are a unique case and a special divine slave of torture, grow confidence and change your life, or suffer till its over

I don't know what Bible you read but it was certainly written/translated by people, I would not take any Bible or religious text as the word of God himself. If God gave you faith he gave you 5 senses and a mind too, use those as well to figure out this world, not your trust in some book written by people. Religion is a tool of man just as much as it is a channel for the gods.

Personally, I can't agree that I'm sad, or that my faith is conditional. I eat well, am in good health, and I'm posting on the internet. I don't complain to God about that kind of stuff, I confer with him about mistakes I've made, things I have good reason to be regretful for. My belief in him isn't conditional, I know he's there and that he has power. But I don't believe he's any less fickle than the rest, and it doesn't rankle me that he is. I don't ask and don't need him to bend over for me, he's a fucking god!

you talk like your grateful yet you speak against his miracles, say little if you do not know or unsure, especially if you dont believe in the magnitude and ease of his power

>How exactly do requested miracles work?
>In the bible, God/Jesus seems to encourage asking for them repeatedly and vehemently and also continually saying that miracles are no problem for him and he will come through. Yet in real life people always say God does not answer everyone's request but in the bible it says he'll come through and more.

That's because the Bible is a fantasy world mostly written by blasphemous, treasonous, raping, plundering, thieving terrorists.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv7I3Tu7tWk

and also religion isnt a tool for good behavior it is the home of life,the church in which god lives, and teaches and shepherds

criminally underrated

what does it mean