What nation did you grow to dislike as you studied history

What nation did you grow to dislike as you studied history

Pic Related

Germany

>what if we just keep invading people

hungary. trianon didn't go far enough desu

I mostly just hate the Ottomans because of the double standard, Turks get off scot-free with their imperialism, genocides, slavery and annexation of natives just by being Muslims.

>imperialism
it was NOTHING compared to western states
>genocides
"omg turks massacred a bunch of shitskins who worship the same jew as we do so we must ignore all the atrocities done by litteraly everyone else at that time"
>slavery
you mean the jannisaries who recieved great education, served as the elite soldiers of the sultan, and got chunks of lands to live on when they retired? how barbaric! you westerners would NEVER do such a thing (instead you just genocide the natives)

>double standards
"We must put an end to white guilt!", Yeah, gas the kikes!", "We killed a shit ton of natives but who cares lmao we're superiour to those suhumans so we can get away with it :^)" etc. etc.

the UK
>double standard
there is one but it works the other way. turks are vilified for being half as bad as western euros

These three and Britain.

France

UK and US, but that may be affected by the country I'm from and modern politics as well
Their histories are certainly interesting nonetheless
Saudi Arabia, if that counts
Apart from that there's just places I really don't give a shit about because I don't find them interesting
Generally I like countries more once I've learned something about their history

best answer in the thread
the saudis are an affront to the world

>it was NOTHING compared to western states
Hombre please. The Turks were just as bad. Look at how bad the Balkans is even centuries after their rule.

sweden and austria

T:apologetic roach

They had sex slaves they bought from the Crimean Tatars and Barbary pirates as we'll.

They wiped out indigenous populations of Anatolia because WE WUZ TURKICS and now larp as the defendants of Hittites and Lydians

Their imperialism was the same. They colonized the Balkans and turned its natives into second class rumlar citizens

I don't really hate them, but
>block almost of Louis Napoleon's initiatives to enlarge and reform the army
>force his hand to declare war on Prussia by popular outrage
>Prussians find out about your army movements through your bloody newspapers
>they completely wreck your shit and capture the emperor because you stopped him from enlarging the army
>depose him and have the provisional government unsuccessfully fight for five more months
>blame it all on the emperor and have your national historiography shit on him forever

>Isn't it true that we weren't cowards at Sedan?
The only thing that makes me less angry about this is that Louis Napoleon was an adulterer.

Unironically, Spain

I think this roach's brain just burnt out from butthurt.

By who? Turkey is proof that if you make it illegal to talk about a genocide, you will get away with it.

>They wiped out indigenous populations of Anatolia because WE WUZ TURKICS and now larp as the defendants of Hittites and Lydians

When Greeks invaded Troy many Trojan groups escaped to Italy (Rome). But there was a Trojan group led by a Trojan called "Augustus" who led Trojans into modern day Turkmenistan. Trojans met Turks there and they became Turks. Augustus turned into "Oghuz". Years later, their descendants came back to Anatolia and avenged their ancestors who were killed by Greeks.

Pic related is the biggest proof that we have indigenious blood. see 10% Med? We're Ancient Anatolians. Hence Romans. Byzantines were not Roman. But we were.

Ah yes because the Balkans were such a harmonious and utopian place before the ebil Turks came am I right?
Blaming the Ottomans for their current situation is dumb. Rumelia was richer than Anatolia when the empire fell. And yet Turkey is economically stronger than the Balkans because they didn't undergo communism. If the Balkans are a shitty place that's because they weren't competent enough.

>They had sex slaves they bought from the Crimean Tatars and Barbary pirates as we'll.
Aaaand?

>They wiped out indigenous populations of Anatolia because WE WUZ TURKICS and now larp as the defendants of Hittites and Lydians
So what? 19th and 20th centuries were the times of nationalism; everyone larped and committed atrocities doing all sorts of wewuzzeries. Heck, that's the reason why there were two World Wars.
The modern nation states were born because of nationalism, and to keep them from falling appart they need to maintain nationalism by creating myths and legends of common origin. Every country does this.

historians up until maybe the past 50 or so years. turkey has been vilified throughout history by westerners. still are, look at the hivemind across Veeky Forums

>up until maybe the past 50 or so years
And what started happening in society around that time?
>look at the hivemind across Veeky Forums
4chan is inherently a counter-culture, calling out the Turks is an unpopular act.

>calling out the Turks is an unpopular act
lmoa

I don't care how loud roaches cry, being able to sit on a human rights council while denying a genocide you committed in the last century is proof in itself. It's just aggravating watching these cavemen get propped up as if they're a western nation but not have to share in the guilt the rest of us get bombarded with.

I can at least read about the Timurids and not be grated by anything just because he's generally accepted to be a giant genocidal asshole.

off topic but euros apparently loved timur back in the day via their conflict with the ottomans
even though by all apparent measures life for a christian was worse in the timurid empire
makes u think

when your neighbors always want to invade you, you don't have to be too consistent about anything else other than immediate security

i love / hate germany

The reason they will never acknowledge it is because it will fuck up their relations with Azerbaijan, the country whose civilians got massacred by the Armenians after the breakup of the USSR. Also because if they did they would have to pay reparations, and given the fact that the Armenians are basically the Jews of the Caucasus, they would even demand land. Countries with considerable Armenian diaspora (USA) would support them.
And even if none of this happened, do you think you and the other right-wing Westerners would suddenly start loving Turkey? No.
Admitting the genocide would only put Turkey in a huge disadvantage

> not have to share in the guilt the rest of us get bombarded with.
So basically you're salty because there's no "Turk guilt". And why should there be? Turkey is a based culture-preserving right-wing alpha country, the ideal utopia of Veeky Forums :^)

Overall, they don't get shit because they committed a genocide. They get shit because they committed a genocide inefficiently.

>Turks cover up genocides because it will hurt relations with the guys they genocided
>Turks covering up genocides is okay because it makes them right-wing and alpha
I like how liberals use this second point too as a "gotcha", genuinely allowing people to do that because they're brown but it's okay because it makes people who hate double-standards mad.

that's not what he said- unless you think armenia = azerbaijan?

The USSR.

Why is it, that every time someone tries to have a straight conversation with the Turks about the consequences of serious crimes, they begin to create a cauldron of obscure analogies shoved in with mythological Trojan refugees, parallels between different Christian countries and their acts against them so as to have a single country take the blame, the comparissons of the number of Turkish war victims and unarmed genocide victims, mashed in with straights up denial, gross anachronisms and irrelevant religious autism.
>hey turk, you began killing millions of people 100 years ago and displaced and persecuted people up until recently.
>b-but 2000 y-years ago some other guys in this t-totally factual fairy tale did the same s-so we d-dindu n-nuffin

This is when I started realizing that westerners are fucking retarded for embracing self-hatred instead of being unafraid to go full 14/88.

how come? hungarian culture seems cool

This. The more you read about Bolsheviks the more they seem like a caricature of evil

>talking with someone about bad things his ethnic group did
Sure that will render good results

Age of Empires III made me a massive Ottoman fanboy as a kid, but as I grew up and read more I was disappointed at how relatively irrelevant they had become by the 18th Century.
The only nation that studying history has made me "hate" is England, but that's only because it's grossly overrepresented in popular history. Most libraries' "Ancient Rome" section is literally 50% Emperors and Legionnaires and 50% Roman Britain.

Many peoples have done this. Why is /leftypol/ so hell bent on only signalling out Germans for this?

I could probably be place on the "extreme right" of the political spectrum and despite loathing the Soviet Union (post Stalin it was actually ok in my eyes) and Maoist era PRC, I respect their success and recognize Stalin and Mao as effective rulers. Stalin far more so, however.

>looks for popular history written in English complain when it is mostly centered around the English.

Learn how to greentext newfag.

FPBP

I'm in a bit of a love/hate with the uk.

>their media has some superior kino to us amerimutts
>british armies are fancy aesthetic as fuck

but...

>Muh war of 1812
>Why must you be so mean to fellow freedum fighters (ex. bhagat singh)

>their media has some superior kino
Maybe in the 60s and 70s, but those days are long gone.

England for sure.

Also the Republic of Genoa.

What the actual fuck is going on with fucking subhuman sandnigger mongolroaches shitting all over Veeky Forums.

You figured it out roach, your 10% Med comes from a fraction of the population of an Ancient Anatolian city that fled to the East and not from the forced conversions of Anatolians as well as the Greek converts that Greeks kicked out after gaining their Independence and during the population exchange.

>Byzantines were not Roman
>we mixed with them so that makes us Romans, despite them not being Romans
>our Med admixture makes us Roman, but Greeks who are Meds aren't Roman

The Ottomans, sure, and the Eternal Anglo

Ottomans, most imperialist euro nations in the 1800s, Ireland, most Muslim nations in general.
Countries I liked more after learning more about their history were England, Italy, Spain, Portugal, China, Japan, and Poland.
Countries I liked histories of but didn't like the modern histories of were Italy, Sweden, and Russia.

t.historylet

Works for the West.

Same. A true historical Stalinist I can respect. A modern Western commie I cannot.

Germany and Ukraine

are you seriously being an apologist for the armenian genocide?

the opium wars and unequal treaty system are pretty damn disgusting

>wiped out the indigenous populations of Anatolia

The vast majority of turkish DNA is native Anatolian/Balkanite. They're only about 20-30% turkic on average.
If you legimately believe a bunch of Turkic steppe niggers massacred and forcibly converted the entire population of Asia Minor, your understanding of Turkic migrations and Islamic history is incredibly shallow.

I got a PhD in Russian history despite absolutely despising them and wishing death upon the nation.

Can you explain why you hate them and why you ended up with a PhD in Russian history.

The armenians had it coming.

t.enver

Are you a Jew?

Basil 'if you're a bulgar you're not up to par' II did nothing wrong desu

Actually, anyone who learned a lot about Russian history, will bound to hate them or become some monarchist or stalinist faggot. Terrible nation that corrupts everything in its way. That happens when you are glorifying your own lack of self-awareness as national idea. Being a dick to everyone around you is not a best policy, especially in 21 century.

The opium wars and unequal treaty system were HILARIOUS

1. Saudi Arabia
2. Ottomans
3. Israelis

Poland.

To a lesser extent China.

Even lesser post tsarist Russia.

Great Britain and the US

Post-unification Italy.
Also Mongols and all sorts of steppe niggers, although those aren't really a nation

Because they were bad at it

Pic related.

The East Slavs were better off under Novgorodian rule. The Mongol invasion ruined everything.

respect how? they ran the country all right, but they were always the scummiest people on earth.

>Also Mongols and all sorts of steppe niggers
fucking this x1000000000
what is the point of those groups
all they do is shit everything up

HRE (mainly Austria), Venice, and the Ottomans

>When Greeks invaded Troy many Trojan groups escaped to Italy (Rome)

I stopped reading after that. You're an idiot.

>The Brits
Being annoying pieces of shit in general and having the most inconsistent foreign policy ever.
>stop the russians from invading ottoman empire and liberating constantinople
>few decades later invade the empire yourself
>get your ass beaten
even as a Greek I love the fact that Ottomans won the battle of Gallipoli
>The French
For the same reason and blockading the port of Athens when Greece was being a bad goy.
>The Germans
For their propaganda that caused the genocide of Greeks and Armenians in the Ottoman Empire in 1917 with the kind support of German banks.
and ofcourse
>The Ottoroaches
For obvious reasons as a Greek

I'll go along with trashing the bongs, but leave the sergeant major out of this, he dindu nuffin but what needed did.

>Britain
>Ottomans
>Germany
Genuine hate and i used to be a boo of each of them once.

This piece of shit.
Once a /pol/tard, now a Veeky Forumsfag.

More Roman than you, Polykarpos.

Amerimutt tier "whiter than you Mohammed"

France, if only for their constant diplomatic fuckups
>loses Burgundy to the Habsburgs
>Mishandles diplomacy in the italian wars so badly that Machiavelli uses them as a cautionary tale
>gets involved in the 30 years war on the wrong side and them reaps little benefit bc they didn't get the Austrians to make real concessions
>Spends half a century conquering Alsace and Lorraine while letting the British destroy their economy and their colonial empire
>has all of continental europe in their pocket and then attacks their most powerful ally and get btfo
>the fucking treaty of Versailles
I mean jesus its like someone who has never played eu4 before tried to do a France game

I can't believe ppl took the bait for this

it's a shame almost nobody remembers the western betrayal at the Greco Turkish war post ww1 and the genocides committed by the Turks during that time, I still don't understand why the fuck everyone suddenly hated Germany

This. Learning in-depth about Russian history made me realize how unreparably fucked up they are, and have been through their whole existence.

as I learned more about Qing China I just grew to hate it more and more

if anyone has anything good to say about Qing China please tell me.

Bulgaria. They just caused unnecessary strife and wars, adopted whatever was there already and contributed nothing noteworthy on their own.

>And yet Turkey is economically stronger than the Balkans because they didn't undergo communism.
Turkey is "economically stronger" because it's a 60-80 million strong country of miscegenated cucks whereas the Balkan nations are composed of 10m renegades each.
>Rumelia was richer than Anatolia when the empire fell.
It was all about Constantinople, which Turkey managed to hold onto till this day. Istanbul is the size of Greece.

Germans and Venetians

Eternal Anglo

t. panchi

I used to be interested in the Ottomams but grew to hate them because of all the shitposters.

Venice

it wasnt a betrayal exactly, our king got bitten by a monkey and died, and the old king came back, which was germano-phile, and then england/france stopped supporting us.

Their treachery and perfidy in the Austrian empire.

>Mongols and all sorts of steppe niggers
/thread

You don't need to know much to dislike the Ottoman Empire, even if in just 1895-1916 time period. Same goes for the whole Arabian peninsula from the rise of the wrong prophet.
Digging little you will find that non-Turkish Muhammadan subjects of Ottoman Empire were no less animals than the Turks themselves, but the nomadic Kurds loved by Abdulhamid even more when they regularly pillaged Christians.

Or by not losing its borders completely like Germany in 1945. It also helps to have century of governmental backing for denying genocidal action.

>how unreparably fucked up they are, and have been through their whole existence.
The monarchy, Golden horde and Tatars and especially the radical Russian intelligentsia of 19th and 20th century can be said to 'fucked up', sure, but 80% of Great Russian population in 1917 were muzhiks with absolutely nothing to do with any of the shittiness the country has brought to world.

For example, the muzhiks were not in any contact with Jews before 1914 (because they lived in the Pale after third partition of Poland), it was the slowly increasing Russian intelligentsia of the main cities that massacred them multiple times (mostly same goes for Russificated Ukrainian intelligentsia: it was not the Ukrainian peasants who went berserk and mostly not Cossacks either before the Revolution and Bolshevik coup).

They are unreparably fucked up, but only after 70 years of Bolshevik experiment. No longer are majority of them serfs, but have not learned the first thing needed to become real peasant either, that is to respect private property, not to speak of becoming citizen and city dweller (there was ZERO real 'proletariat' in 1917 in Great Russian areas and the 'bourgoise' were not same free, enteprising individuals of Germany and France either, but just slaves higher at hierarchy).

Not even a Brit but I thought the opium wars were fucking great. The chinks acted like they were superior in every way to europeans and then the Brits came along and wrecked them. TWICE

Nothin' personnel, Chang

>their media has some superior kino to us amerimutts
Absolutely no. Every other european country contributed more to cinema than the UK. No one ever talks about the influence of English Impressionism, or the groundbreaking work of Lord Nigel Thistlebottom III.
The edge they have is more in the actors and production, owing to the theatrical traditions.

>still denies islamic and especially ottoman slavery
kek it s always the same

United States post Spanish-American War.

Pre-modern
Compare cultures that flourished Greece and Rome with cultures that emerged after Germanic Barbarians took over Europe.
And then you have Jews
With muhammads lurking behind
While Chinks be Chinks
And the rest of isolated continents show little to none advancements

Modern
Europe (((the west))), America and Israel