Why was Byzantine Empire so inferior to China in terms of culture?

Why was Byzantine Empire so inferior to China in terms of culture?

Procopius' secret history blows out every single Chinese work out of the water.

China cultural influence: Entire East Asia
Byzantine cultural influence: Greece. Uh... Cyprus?
Why were fake Romans so cultureless?

Cannibalism and dying by the millions isn't a culture.

comparing empire sizes is fugged up because they count tributaries the same as vassals.

some faggot with a 1000 mi^2 kingdom handing you a fruit basket isn't the same thing as having men sworn to fight for you.l

>Comparing China with specifically the Byzantine empire so it doesn't get btfo by the true Roman empire

Lol byzntium produced architetural marvels such as the Hagia Sophia, the fucking codex Justinianus is still the basis for many Western countries’ law system, China doesn’t hold a candle to that

Hagia Sophia was built in 537 by Romans not Byzantines.

The WRE didn’t exist anymore you roach, it was built by the ERE so Byzantium

Um I don’t know?

The entirety of Eastern Europe including fucking Russia?

And south Italy plus the islands

Reminder that the ottoman Empire only lasted 600 years

Ottoman Empire was more Roman than Byzantines

Fuck off already T*rk

How can arabs be roman

>what is russia

Helps if you close your eyes and plug your ears.

t. Justinian "son of the devil" I

China still won't btfo even compare to Roman Empire, sorry to break your bubble.

When TÜRÜK first came to anatolia, they saw the BYZKEK EMPIRE. A den of greed, lust and sloth that is built upon sufferings of BLACKs.

TÜRÜK striked with the might of KARABOĞA, the might bestowed to him by ALLAH/KÖKTENGRİ and even with all EUROPEAN CRACKERS banding together, they couldn't hold off the TÜRÜK. BYZKEK EMPIRE was fallen and anatolia was cleansed from wh*Te menace, and TÜRÜK made it it's home from where they will launch their conquest to the Europe.

Basically this.

Sorry to break your bubble but that's objectively wrong.
The Romans are why Europe follows western culture and society. They completely changed the religion and society of their territories and the peoples in those territories went on to spread it to the rest of Europe and the world.
China isn't even a cultural hegemon in its own continent, India has had more influence in south-east Asia than China has.

The Kara Boga meme needs to die.

t. Assmad wh*Tey

>comparing the continentlet of Europe to Asia.
Mkay.

Compare the size and population of latin Italy to Mandarin China.

Not sure if this is bait or plain retard...

t. Theo-slutmeister-dora

>The Romans are why Europe follows western culture and society.
And China is why East Asia becomes Sinosphere. Also China and Europe belongs to same continent(Euroasia continent) in case you haven't noticed yet.

>China isn't even a cultural hegemon in its own continent
So did Roman Empire and Europe, and Europe is still FAR more divided than China both culturally and politically even today.

>India has had more influence in south-east Asia than China has.
Oh that's nice, SEA is not China's turf culturally anyway, but politically they're almost ALL China's tributary states in some periods.

Sorry to break your bubble again.

Chr*stianity

>Eurasia is a continent
Then no empire or state wins in this argument
East Asia is literally just China + Korea and Japan, 90% of the population of 'the sinosphere' live within the borders of China itself, that's nothing compared to how far the legacy of Rome extends out of the Italian peninsular.
Rome completely changed the culture of Europe and it's future, whereas China's greatest achievement is a wall that failed to stop an invasion and tasty street food.
Even today, Rome has had a far larger effect on the cultures of the world, while China, with 1.3 billion inhabitants, can't match the cultural output of California, Japan is doing better at exporting east asian culture than China is.
>but politically they're almost all china's tributary states in some periods
Only like the northern half of Vietnam lmao
And you've forgotten religion.
How far does Christianity permeate the culture of Europe, and what has China produced in return?

>90% of the population of 'the sinosphere' live within the borders of China itself
And that border is around the same size as whole Europe, do you think China is always that big?
>Rome completely changed the culture of Europe and it's future
And China changed the culture of East Asia and it's future, even the fucking steppniggas are Sinicized

>China's greatest achievement is a wall that failed to stop an invasion and tasty street food.
No, now you're just spouting shit. See the above.

>Even today, Rome has had a far larger effect on the cultures of the world
America is not Rome. And Japan is literally part of Sinosphere.

>Only like the northern half of Vietnam lmao
This show how ignorant you are lmao, you're just spouting biased shit again, see the picture.

>what has China produced in return?
See above.

Here is another one in English, if you can't read Chinese.

>chang please

>ooga booga

>Why were two rocky semi-arid peninsulas inferior to a giant fertile bassin
The kind of yields rice farming in subtropical areas produces is incomparable to european agriculture.

hell even whiteys had to bleach the brownies for spices

>What is carolingean renaissance
>What is Russia
>What is all of Eastern Europe for that matter
>What is the entire Islamic world

BASED Georgians literally SAVING all of christianity from the TÜRÜK menace!

By the time of the Byzantine Empire, both the West and East were past their prime. This is like watching the elderly fight.

>Gookes getting cucked by Manchurian Barbarians.

Japanese and Korean wiminz belong to the 20 cm long white cock, Chang.

>20 cm wh*Te cock
in your dreams LMAO wh*Te boy

>muh science
fucking wh*Te nerd LMAO

> SAVING all of christianity
about that...

That continentlet made the rest of the world including China their bitch.

Damn japs got longest empire and dynasty.

Georgia are top tier turk slayers

>East Asia is a continent
>Steppe niggers got sinicized by china's design and not by assimilating after conquering china
Expanding on this, much of China's cultural assimilation was not because of its efforts, Machuria was brought in after they conquered the ming and allowed the population of the empire to migrate until Manchuria became ethinically han, and even today half of china's landmass is in autonomous regions where the people are ethnically and culturally distinct from China
>Japan is literally part of the sinosphere
You missed my point, Japan was better at exporting Asian culture than China
>See above
China has not exported any great religions or languages form its borders, only Japan and Korea recieved serious influence and even then they follow south asian religions
You raise a good point over the tributary states but a lot of your post was bad reading comprehension.

By what measure?

>Eastern """"""philosophy"""""": do what I say or I'll hurt you.

it ain't that hard to achieve when you're stuck on an island where the greatest threat to your empire is big ass wasps

Not like one of the richest and most culturally influential cities of western Europe was influenced by them or anything

Erd**an lap dog

>The entirety of Eastern Europe including fucking Russia?

Fuck off some of us were catholickucks from the start

I never said that.

>much of China's cultural assimilation was not because of its efforts,
Yes, some of them are. The so-called Manchuria was part of Ming already before they establishes Qing.

>You missed my point
No, I didn't. You just want to belittle China as retaliation.

>China has not exported any great religions or languages form its borders
What a completely ignorant shits you spout. Yes we had. Confucianism, Chinese characters, Chinese clothing, "chopsitcks", "foods making"...etc, even the your "south asian religion"(Buddhism I presume) is Sinified version.

>a lot of your post was bad reading comprehension.
This is more like your problem, not me.

China produced architecture marvel such as Forbidden City. the fucking Chinese imperial examination system is the basis or inspiration of modern civil exam system around the world.

I never said that.

>much of China's cultural assimilation was not because of its efforts,
Yes, some of them are. The so-called Manchuria was part of Ming already before they establishes Qing.

>You missed my point
No, I didn't. You just want to belittle China as retaliation.

>China has not exported any great religions or languages form its borders
What a completely ignorant shit you spout again. Yes, we had. Confucianism, Chinese characters, even your "south asian religion"(Buddhism I presume) is already Sinified version such as Chan/Zen.
Furthermore, those who influenced by China but not in China's border before are mostly part of China now, can't say the same to Rome though.

>a lot of your post was bad reading comprehension.
This is more like your problem, not me.

Most of the Levant, the Balkans, and Italy has deep Byzantine influence.

>I never said that
You refer to east asia as the equal to the European continent
>Yes, some of them are
A small jurchen population was occupied by ming, the rest was essentially a vassal, nowhere did cultural assimilation have success until the jurchens rebelled and conquered china.
>Yes we had
Confucianism has nothing when compared to the effects of Roman Christianity, furthermore, what is the influence of Taoism and Confucianism outside of east asia?
Buddhism, a nepalese religion, completely dwarfs confuscianism's culutural impact in asia.
>no u

The ancestors of the arabs were seen as more roman than te snowniggers most anons here descend from kek.

Is that why a part of them became muslim?

Lol what a tard, cyrillic came from Byzantine priests honey :)

it wasnt
so much subhuman is this board we would have to make a raid and clean this site of sandnigger rats

The only Byzantine cultural influences in Italy came from whatever the Italians stole from Byzantine Empire during the Norman expansion, fourth crusade, Frankokratia...

Lol just shut the fuck up, there are Byzantine churches all over Sicily, Sardinia and South Italy

comparing the principate to the han and the byzantines to the tang is fair

>You refer to east asia as the equal to the European
As the size of it, I didn't call it "continent". You keep using Europe as counterpart of China in the first place, I just played along with you a bit. Also your precious "European continent" is connected with "Asia continent" in case you forgot again. "Asia" as a whole is FAR larger than Europe.

>A small jurchen population was occupied by ming, the rest was essentially a vassal, nowhere did cultural assimilation have success until the jurchens rebelled and conquered china.
But assimilation is assimilation, they still become part of China, hence it's successful. Also there are countless ethnic minorities are sinicized long before Jurchens already.

>Confucianism has nothing when compared to the effects of Roman Christianity,
Yes, it has in East Asia. People literally built countless shrines to honor him and followed his doctrines like a bible, it's also one of foundations of Japanese Bushido.

>what is the influence of Taoism and Confucianism outside of east asia?
Some European enlightenment scholars quite like them such as Voltaire and Leibniz. Western hipsters also like Taoism, often in shallow and misinterpretation way.

>Buddhism, a nepalese religion, completely dwarfs confuscianism's culutural impact in asia.
No, it's doesn't in East Asia. Confucianism and Buddhism don't neglect each others since the former is more like philosophy than religion. Also Buddhism is not just Nepalese religion, you moron, it's just Buddha was from Nepal, Buddhism is like a derivation and reformation of Vedism.

I like ottoman history. What I don't like is t*rkoaches who think they are too important. They are not.

>Assimilation is assimilation
Ok but not as a result of lucrative prospects of chinese culture, it's hard to not be assimilated by a country that makes up your entire domain for several centuries, don't act like this is an achievement on chinese culture's part, the manchu were so successful at taking over china that they became part of it.
>Yes it has
I disagree, the cultural and political impacts of Christianity has changed the history of Europe forever. Also Cathedrals > Shrines
>A few philosophical schools of thought
Christianity caused crusades and wars, one of them being the Taiping rebellion so there you go.
>No it doesn't
>Confuscianism is more like philosophy
So in my earlier post when I asked you for great religions produced by China, confuscianism counts, but when I compare it to Buddhsim it's "it's really just philosophy so it doesn't count lmao", sounds like a contradiction.
And what a bullshit argument anyway, saying that's somehow technically impossible to compare their cultural impact just to dodge the unavoidable fact that Buddhism has had a greater one.