Why does everybody either love or hate this guy with no inbetween?

Why does everybody either love or hate this guy with no inbetween?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathilde_Kschessinska
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*raises hand*
I don’t hate or love him, I don’t think he did good as Tsar but I think he was a respectable father and husband for his time.

Because at this point, he's not even really considered as an individual monarch. He's a flashpoint for a great ideological divide between traditional monarchism and revolutionary communism. His supporters are generally people who are either monarchists or anti-communists, and his detractors are generally people with anti-monarchist sentiments.

When you take away the man and only leave the title, you reduce a hell of a lot of complexity, which only has scope for basic love or hate, and loses the finer distinctions.

I hate the way he ruled but I appreciate his being a good father and I adore his daughters.

>everybody either loves or hates X

not a thing

Wrong

>H-he was a good ruler b-because he was a real daddy like I never h-had.

The ABSOLUTE STATE of Monarcucks, holy fucking dogshit.

They literally said they didn't like the way he ruled
>I don't think he did good as Tsar
>I hate the way he ruled
They're clearly saying they like him as a person but didn't like him as a monarch.

Was he a good father, though? There is nothing that would indicate either way, but it is known that he was an unfaithful husband.

Politics. Noone really gives a fuck about him, just express their political frustration through him.

>*raises hand*
Back to plebbit with you you little bitch

*raises paw*
ummm no you

delusional uneducated sycophants live in russia and care about their history

o-okay

Well shit every leader who gives his family government positions must be a stand up guy then

>I appreciate his being a good father

>fails at his job so hard that he ends up getting his children murdered
not a good father imo

He was a retard who let a 300 year old dynasty fall because he wasn’t willing to allow reform.

So, what reform would have caused Russia to win the First World War? It wasn't political changes that caused the Russian Empire to fall, it was the economic impact of the First World War.

(Not that guy, but) Lul, wut? How did come to that conclusion?

The Red Army could've also exciled them, like in Austria or Germany. The Red Army was just too anxious about the thought that in the future a rightful heir of the Tsar title could rally up monarchists and lead a counter revolution and a "little", "tiny bit" of hatred was a reason as well to kill of the whole Romanov family. At that point Nikolaus and his family had just bad luck...

>but it is known that he was an unfaithful husband.
lol wut?

I have mixed feelings about Nicholas

On one hand I view him as a completely incompetent ruler, that got what he deserved.

On the other hand, I view him as the last Russian leader that actively tried to be friendly with the Western world.

Oh yeah because pre world war 1 Russia was such a prosperous place and at the height of it’s power. There was growing discontent for years before the war.

unironically it was until Nickky 2. Alexander 2 put the political reforms in place to let Russia succeed and Witte put the economic reforms in place for Russia's industry to explosively grow.

Russia pretty much was until the 1905 Russo-Japanese War, and was still experiencing very strong economic growth until the start of WWI, which is why the Germans felt they needed to start the war in 1914, as otherwise Russia would have overtaken them.

Moreover, most sources agree that Nicholas II went into the war with very high popularity.

He could've been good Tsar just ruled during a bad time that's all.

has russia even had a single good tsar?

Peter the Great, Nicholas I, Alexander II, Alexander III.

Forgetting someone?

> C O N S O L I D A T I O N

Every (Moscow) prince before Ivan the Terrible was amazing. Yaroslav the Wise, Peter the Great, Catherine the Great. Every Romanov before Alexander II was competent. Alexander II was mediocre, and every emperor past him was various degrees of bad.

His famous lover, their relationship fully confirmed by state archive:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathilde_Kschessinska

That said, almost every Russian emperor had a harem of so called "favourites"

Because you either love him or you're a communist.

> Alexander II was mediocre, and every emperor past him was various degrees of bad.
nicholas i reigned for 25 years and was responsible for Russia falling behind the world. The next 150 years was Russian leaders trying to get ahead of or stay equal to the West. Same can be said for Alexander I as well.

Happy new year Romanov dynasty!

You can put me down in the "love" column.

>The relationship continued for three years, until Nicholas married Princess Alix of Hesse-Darmstadt—the future Empress Alexandra Fyodorovna
Brainlet

>I don’t hate or love him, I don’t think he did good as Tsar but I think he was a respectable father and husband for his time.

This user gets it.

Ive never met him desu. He died before my time.

The People’s Tsar