Damn imagine the wars when we start colonizing other planets and they start declaring independence

Damn imagine the wars when we start colonizing other planets and they start declaring independence
It will be just like in my chinese cartoons

Other urls found in this thread:

astronaut.com/inventions-that-came-out-of-the-space-race/
techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/10-tech-breakthroughs-to-thank-the-space-race-for-617847
youtube.com/watch?v=j4IFNKYmLa8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Mars
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>planet 10 ly away declares independence
>takes 10 years for Earth to hear about it
>rebelling planet has that time to start building up its fleet
>takes 10 more years for Earth to send its fleet to suppress the rebels
>that means 20 years total for prep
>Earth fleet shows up, nukes the ever living shit out of everything and scrapes by with a win
>10 years to limp home, which the colony uses to start rebuilding
>declares independence again, 10 years for Earth to hear about it, 10 years to send its fleet back
Sounds like a lot of fun.

But they don't colonize planets in Gundams UC

Some Zeke remnants set up base on Mars and turn Olympus Mons into a death star cannon.

I legitimately think warfare in space would be so immensely costly that humans will(have to) grow out of it if they reach the space colonisation age.

You are on this planet forever fleshcuck

we will never fucking make it to space colonization come on

more like
>planet 10 ly away declares independence
>takes 10 years for Earth to hear about it
>rebelling planet has that time to start building up its fleet
>takes 10 more years for Earth to send its fleet to suppress the rebels
>that means 20 years total for prep
>Earth fleet shows up,
>Finds a planet with weapons system 10 years more advanced than anything it could dream of
>Earth fleets get obliterated by Quadra-Photonic-3838789 Powered ships with Nonagentium-Quantum-Giga-Shlong canons
Independence achieved

Yeah dude there's zero chance of us EVER terraforming Mars and settling there haha

it wouldn't be profitable so it won't happen

You do not understand meatbag, you are a fleshcuck and a biolet, of course you won't make it. Your flesh will be used as biofuel for the machines that colonize space. Know this, not fear it.

>this is unironically the flag of mars

>It's another shitty vertical tri-colour
When will this end?

>implying we wouldn't have flooded them with muslims to slow down their development

>posting a poor man's Romanian flag
>not posting the superior moons of the Martian Congressional Republic

astronaut.com/inventions-that-came-out-of-the-space-race/

techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/10-tech-breakthroughs-to-thank-the-space-race-for-617847

It will be very profitable, based on the technological leaps we made from the Space Race.

Aesthetic.

The optimism in this thread is cute, the only thing we're headed to is a nuclear holocaust
Humanity won't last long enough to colonize other planets.

Wouldn't the cost be negligible when each faction has an entire planet of resources to work with?

If we invade will they be united as one race or will they be split into different alien races and be divided enough for us to conquer.......... hmmmmmmm

Found the angsty 16 year old.

If the Lunar Wars proved anything it's that Telluriian scum must be exterminated. Never forget the siege of Imbrium.

There is only one martian flag I recognize.

>10 years more advanced

Due to time dilation, a journey you experience as 10 years would actually take several times longer to the people on the target planet.

>humans finally on habitable, unoccupied alien world
>instantly BTFO by alien parasites, virus, bacteria that have evolved in totally different circumstances that there's no chance of developing immunity to

What if we are the ones who fuck up the planet with our germs, conquustador styles.

In this case it's the other way around. The ten light year trip will feel like ten years for the target planet but maybe only a few years for the ship depending on what fraction of c it'd capable of achieving

If we have the technology and will to turn a planet like mars for example habitable, we can turn antartica or the gobi desert into a paradise.

Also If we have such technology at our disposal we likely would have self sufficient colonies but also a planet that likely doesnt need anything from a space colony.. Theres nothing earth would need from colonies that it could not get more easier from around the solar system using robots.

I guess pride, vanity and space flags could be an arbitrary reason to fight each other but space is massive. Every person on earth could be a king or queen or their own weird micro asteroid nation state.

I'm more concerned about transhumanism

>500 years from now
>Economy is fully automated, management software run corporations, states, and society as a whole far more efficiently than any human, corruption is impossible, the system is perfect and nobody has any means (or any real reason) to revolt.
>Perfectly healthy, attractive, and intelligent Humans live in eudaimonic zoos, carefully constructed by their robotic overlord/servants to maximize their fulfillment of life. Sustenance and social status is "earned" from hunting down and slaying semi-dangerous robot life, grown specifically as a sort of futuristic "bottles stuffed with money and buried in coal mines" in order to give the humans a lifestyle which evolution equipped them to find fulfilling. This also serves to keep the humans from meddling in the affairs of the society planners, keeps them from fighting each other, and prunes the careless and foolish. Population size is carefully managed, though in subtle ways which the humans don't even notice, keeping it to small and manageable communities.
>intelligent robots create other intelligent robots whose own intelligent robots will be used to create more intelligent robots Eventually the entire solar system is swarming with an ecosystem of robotic life of all kinds, inhabiting every planet, the asteroid belt, Kuiper belt, and beyond.
>When intelligent robot life finds a suitable exoplanet for human habitation, it spends millenia scouring and preparing it, then sends a seeder ship to grow an Earth-based ecosystem from scratch on its surface. Humans are the last creatures to be introduced, and only after the robots can guarantee them a eudaimonic existence. Planets are so far apart that humans on different planets have very little communication with each other, and humans from different planets never meet in person.
There will never be a reason for humans of different planets to fight each other.

Im sorry child. You earthlings wont get to colonize other planets. We have tight control over your kind

Martians are stealing our jobs and poisoning our flux wells. They're more prone to violence and subhuman, and their fashion is degenerate. That's why we need to declare war on them and purify all Mars, so that only true Earthborn sons can settle it.

>costly
>just chuck a high speed object towards a planet's future position in orbit days from now
>they literally cant stop it either

>alien pathogens affecting you
This is what being retarded looks like, bacteria and viruses only affect due to biochemical similarities an alien pathogen wouldnt do shit to us.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4IFNKYmLa8

>mfw earth is left to the brown people while whites and asians colonize the furthest stars

If we have the technology to propel large objects at planets, then we will have the technology to propel them back to their source.

Galactic pingpong if you will.

>I legitimately think warfare in space would be so immensely costly that humans will(have to) grow out of it if they reach the space colonisation age.

Nah, societies will just get bigger and war i space will easily be carried out.

You're mindset is basically that of a tribal village person trying to comprehend the concept of a city state or an empire.

>You're mindset is basically that of a tribal village person trying to comprehend the concept of a city state or an empire.
not him, but that's a little unfair. One could easily turn that reasoning around and suggest that you are trying to impose tribal values on a society which has evolved beyond them, the equivalent of asking why we in our modern society don't stick a bunch of spears onto the grill of an automobile or put blades on a chainsaw before our enemies in the next neighborhood over do it against our men of fighting age.

nevermind this guy
probably an american thinking that gun ownership is a prerequisite of civilized existence and a proper solution to any problem

this movie still gives me chills

why couldn't this already be happening then?

(((ACK)))

LotGH is the most realistic scenario given that we master space travel. I imagine something like the show would happen in our reality. We would start colonising other planets but eventually people would declare independence from Earth, so on and so forth. However this wouldn't happen in less than 1000 years and that's if everything goes well.

Am I the only person who's played Children of a Dead Earth?
Space battles are actually really weird. Missiles are king because they can hit someone from huge distance, fighters are just missiles with guns, ramming is startlingly useful, and actual ship-to-ship combat is like dogfighting in cargo planes with radial machineguns everywhere while flying in 500km/h tailwinds

>seig
>seig
>seig
American /pol/tards are the toppest of autisms.

Why declare independence what are they doing sending tribute every 20 years?

This

>when zeon is literally zion

>ywn be a chad rosenritter and have imperials run away just by stating that

I bet if they were worshiping the soviet union you'd love them, you leftypol mutt

pretty gud, except that superintelligent AI would have access to enough human data to understand what stimuli give make us content

When CentComm controls all your water and air you don't "declare independence".

The future belong to communists.

fug... i just noticed that -_-

they were literally space krauts

just wait until we get our rockets up and running

Iain Banks has the right idea. With sub-c travel, you just won't get a continuous dominion over several star systems. Civilizations would have to rely on self-sustaining colony ships which would probably be their own little states.

You completely missed the point of my analogy.

My point is: right now we're tribalniggers who can't comprehend how bigger entities like Empires or even CIty-States organize or do things.

To use Sci-Fi analogies: we modern cunts living in our limited, bordered states are currently incapable of understanding how a planet-spanning/interstellar state would form, organize, and do shit.

A good example of this was in 1914, when an anthropologist explained to a Papua New Guinea tribal chief the Great War in Europe. He was shocked at how the fuck Europeans could afford to kill each other in hugeasfuck numbers and not stop while war in PNG was more of an intimidation war which often ended with very few deaths- maybe just one or two people dying- and one party acceding to the other.

They came in peace.

Meine kaiser was a fucking overrated faggot.
The guy with the shitty eyes was literally the only reason his regime wasnt ruddled with rebellion.
That siamese fuck with no kids shouldve won his rebellion.

>LotGH is the most realistic scenario
sure, if you make the pretty huge assumption that we will figure out FTL and that it won't turn out to be like trying to transmute lead into gold

>You completely missed the point of my analogy.
Likewise

>My point is: right now we're tribalniggers who can't comprehend how bigger entities like Empires or even CIty-States organize or do things.
as is my point: that our dreams of space colonialism and space conquest and space empires would seem as silly to our descendants as if someone in the modern era was fantasizing about, say, divine horses which can run faster than cars, paying off suburban tribes with transmuted gold, and pontificating about how our fighting men would need to march back home in time to harvest their crops.

>we modern cunts living in our limited, bordered states are currently incapable of understanding how a planet-spanning/interstellar state would form, organize, and do shit.
Faster than light travel is almost certainly impossible, and as time goes on, our certainly of this fact grows more and more. It won't be our star-stradling state, it would be the state of our robot descendents, who will act in a radically different way than humans purpose built to hunt on savannahs and view their neighbors with suspicion and envy. Considering the vast gulfs of interstellar space, it probably wouldn't even be safe to call it a "state", it would be something unique to that environment, probably more like a robotic ecosystem

>Space tercios
It would be so perfect

Not rally, Theres no way an outright medieval feudal state like the Empire could ever form on an interplanetary scale much for the same reasons the system died out in europe. Advances in technology and such make feudalism such an inefficient system it collapse in the face of any opposition. There's also the reason feudalism never made big empires in real life, the system can't function on a large scale. It's why the system got replace by things like constitutional or absolute monarchies and republics in the early modern era.

Yeah, that's why I said if we ever master space travel and that won't happen in less than 1000 years realistically.

When I said realistically, I was just refering to the events before the empire formed. There's an episode explaining what happened to Earth and how it eventually got abandoned. People started to colonize other planets but they were still under the Earth government so they decided to declare independence which lead to a few wars. As for Galactic Empire , I didn't pay much attention if it was feudal but makes sense why Reinhardt was trying to reform it. If I'm not mistaking, he wanted some sort of constitutional monarchy.

>LotGH is the most realistic scenario given that we master space travel.
user I hate to tell you, but I really don't think Prussia is coming back.

They could potentially trigger allergies

You're both forgetting the decades of diplomacy before the war

let me ask you a question, why is there so much shit in Africa that seems like it evolved specifically to kill humans?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Mars

Pretty good read there.

>he actually thinks it would be possible for humanity to fly to other solar systems let alone colonize them

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

kid go play some more stellaris

More like
>planet declares independence
>earth finds out about it in ten years
>launches empty ship with planet coordinates
>10 years later empty ship impacts planet at c and obliterates all life
>earth colony ship arrives ten years later to terraform and recolonize
>assuming colonist planet didn't send their own relativistic kill vehicle moments after declaring independence though I'd assume earth would restrict access to c capable vessels for this reason
It's the end all be all weapon of a c capable civilization and it triggers me when sci fi uses spaceship dogfighting but I understand that from an entertainment perspective it isn't a cool audience spectacle. But like a sword of Damocles it will hang over every settled planet's head because they would have to assume their enemy would fire it and thus would be forced to fire their own preemptively to stave off annihilation. Of course maybe they'd have a bout of conventional war but it'd be an awful temptation to the loser so even then the hypothetical winner would be forced to preemptively do it in case the losing party would. Unless they had a way to detect and destroy it but what could detect and intercept that? I think I'd have some sort of mcguffin in my story to circumvent it.

Yeah but it isn't a weapons system propelling it it's just the light speed capable engine. Plus you'd only have the engine firing initially to get up to speed and maybe flight corrections now and then (could you even make corrections at light speed) and after that it'd be dead. So you'd be detecting a dead chunk of rock or metal plummeting towards you at light speed. The only thing I could think of is some sort of extensive debris field way out that it would end up striking instead. But if we're assuming we've discovered light speed travel there could be some other crazy tech to detect or thwart it. Light speed wouldn't develop in a vacuum

Meant to (you)
Phone posting is suffering holy shit how do people do it long term

United Earth Imperium Forces REPRESENT

we invade revel planets, conquer them and take their wimmenz as war booty

It's going to be one hell of a ride.

>Burn the Heretic!
>Kill the Mutant!
>Purge the Unclean!

It's a response to the humans evolving to kill everything.

To start I may be saying something retarded because I am not a physicsfag, but from what I understand of the so called warp engines the object is not moving fast but the spacetime around it is. I am talking about the one that made all the news because it "only" needs the energy of a satellite rather than Jupiter.
>Warp donut accerates crafts local space to insane speeds like a weird spacetime raft
>The chunk of spacetime is moving fast, but inside it the ship is not
>Collapse of warp bubble
Does the ships spaceraft just return to normal relationship with the space around it leaving the ship sitting there? I don't see any other option because otherwise the ship would take infinite energy to accelerate assuming FTL? Would using this as a relativistic kill weapon work or would the warp bubble just collapse? The object intended for impact would itself not have much energy yes? It would be the so called warp bubble with all the energy right? Pls no bully, I am a programmer, not a physics man. I don't know the proper terminology to convey clearly what I mean and it's frustrating.