Let's play a game, Veeky Forums

Let's play a game, Veeky Forums.

I got this book as a Christmas present some years ago. As the title suggests, it contains 50 historical figures who "changed the World". Some of the results will shock you!

Rule: list a historical figure you believe should be included. If you are wrong, I'll show you a wildly stupid person who was included instead.

Obviously, Caesar, Churchill AND MLK don't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TPk-O-kPiG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Adolf hitler, nigga has to be in there.

Nah. But this guy is.

You cannot be fucking serious

I'm guessing the theme for this book is leader who changed history in a *positive* light. It's stupid, I know.

So fucking marx or any of the other commie leaders like lenin or mao arent in there either i imagine?

Lenin and Marx are. Mao isn't.

Napoleon

Robert E. Lee

His successes (and more importantly, failures) defined the course of America's titular struggle, which in turn determined the course of the 20th Century.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPk-O-kPiG0

Ghandi Nasser and all American presidents

Constantine. Hell, any leader from like 300-1300

Nopeeee. Grant isn't either. I'll check out the video though.
Ghandi, Washington, Lincoln, and FDR are in. There are several pictures JFK and Jackie, but they don't have an entry. Nasser isn't in here.

Henry VIII

Aaaanope on Constantine. Have this instead (spoiler: no Bill Gates)

In fairness, compared to the other two you have posted Steve Jobs isn't an absolutely terrible entry.

As they say in Spanish: No.

I'm saving up a really good one, just you wait.

Tony Blair.

Martin Luther

By the way, MOST entrants in this book (24-50) are photographed which means they were relegated to the last 200 years.

Cristobal Colon

No and no.

Yes

Lyndon B. Johnson
Barack Obama
Nelson Mandela
Gandhi

Gal Gadot

Woodrow Wilson

kek

No
No
No
Yes
Yes

It's just a short excerpt of Shelby Foote talking about the war's impact on American society, which as he puts so eloquently was for better or worse, the defining struggle of our history.

No Caesar Augustus btw

how many are from before the 1900's

Lenin

charlemagne
alexander the great
louis XIV

washington

luther or calvin

Yes
Yes
Yes
NO

Qin Shi Huang

How in the FUCK can Christopher Columbus NOT be in?!

Mao
Attila
Shakespeare

Come on op, whats the good one? The suspense is killing me.

Leonardo Da Vinci
Michelangelo Buonarotti

Alright I can sort of see the pattern the fags were going for, so I'm saying Ernest Hemingway

not really paying attention to anyone else in this thread... I'll play though.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt has gotta be in there
Probably Ghandi too

Other than that I'm not too sure

Einstein, Newton, Turing

Nope. No Chinese in this book actually. The only Asians are Genghis Khan, Sidartha, Ghandi, and pic related.
Racism, duh.

That retard from apple

>any of them
>leaders

If you make a thread I’ll respond to it without even reading too :D

There are tons of major explorers from the European Age of Exploration someone else would have gone to the Americas if Columbus didn't. I know he's a massive meme in US culture but he's not that big of a deal.

No
No
YES
Alright, I'll post it now but this will probably be the last one.
No
Triple no
I had some notion that this book was, as the title implies, applicable only to leaders/heads of states/generals, etc. But then I saw Shakespeare and William Morris so that couldn't have been the case.

I sure can't imagine a world without pic related!

>I sure can't imagine a world without pic related!

I am fucking raging. What is this shit?!

Is there different sections based on arts, sciences, and politics or did they really say that Vince Lombardi was the 42nd most important man of all time?

>Karl Marx wasn't an important historical figure, someone else could just as easily have written the communist manifesto
Congratulations, you are the most autistic person I have ever conversed with.

>An egg of Columbus or Columbus' egg (Italian: uovo di Colombo [ˈwɔːvo di koˈlombo]) refers to a brilliant idea or discovery that seems simple or easy after the fact. The expression refers to an apocryphal story in which Christopher Columbus, having been told that discovering the Americas was inevitable and no great accomplishment, challenges his critics to make an egg stand on its tip. After his challengers give up, Columbus does it himself by tapping the egg on the table to flatten its tip.

Not really since he was considered crazy because he thought the world was smaller than it actually is. Every educated person just thought that there was a massive ocean between Europe and Asia that would just be too large to pass with their days technology. He just managed to get lucky and find two continents, something nobody expected or would have tried to accomplish.

>the greatest american football coach of all time

Actually I guess he was a leader... was the baseball player in your first pic? No.

Was Shakespeare? No.

Did this retarded book think that its readers were so stupid they wouldn't have been able to comprehend what a discrete subject means?

Full list:

Moses
Pericles
Siddhartha Gautama
Alexander the Great
Julius Caesar
Jesus
Saint Peter
Boudica
Saint Gregory
Muhammad
Charlemagne
King Alfred
Genghis Khan
Saint Francis
Suleyman
Elizabeth I
Shakespeare
Peter the Great
Frederick the Great
Catherine the Great
George Washington
Napoleon
Simon Bolivar
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Abe Lincoln
Bismarck
Marx
Queen Victoria
William Morris
Mohandas Gandhi
John McGraw
Churchill
Lenin
Sam Goldwyn
Mustafa Ataturk
Pablo Picasso
FDR
Clement Attlee
Lord Reith
Charles De Gaulle
Mother Teresa
Vince Lombardi
Indira Gandhi
Nelson Mandela
Eva Peron
Margaret Thatcher
Fidel Castro
MLK
Daniel Barendoim
Steve Jobs

It's not standing on the tip if you smash the tip in.

Edward Jenner, creator of the first vaccine and arguably father of modern medicine
Sir Alexander Fleming, creator of the antibiotic

Gotta go guys, my sister is delivering her baby now.

wtf did viccy ever do except spawn autistic grand kids?

Marx is on this list

WHAT WAS MARX THE LEADER OF?!? EVER!?!??!

THAT WAS THE REASON NO ONE SAID MARX

IS THIS FUCKING THING EVEN ABOUT LEADERS??

Peace

he was the leader of the communist movement prior to it actually being a movement

>2018
>Big Man history
Chuckle in modern historiography

>fucking boudicca ahead of charlemagne and napoleon
what the actual fuck

Karl marx or lenin for sure

So...nothing then? Okay cool.

Because everything interesting with communism happened after Karl Marx died.

>Moses
He was not real, they acknowledge that, right?

>steve jobs

You cannot have the authority to say that.

Jesus was historically verified and real, why wouldn't Moses be?

>You cannot have the authority to say that.
It is the scholarly consensus and pretty much common sense.

OP!! If your still here can you please post a picture of the Ataturk page? I have a friend who is a huge byzantineboo and I want to trigger him.

Like any Turkish person ever like enrages him its that big.

That Moses didn't exist? How? That is part of the Tanakh, we are talking ancient texts. Show me some sources that doubt with 100% accuracy the existence of Moses.

It is not common sense, because as I said, it is the scholarly consensus that Jesus existed and walked the Earth.

It's not a ranking. It's a chronological list

It's a shitty list from Soyboy History.

Vince Lombardi over Augustus

How many super bowls havms Augustus won? Has he ever even brought his team to the playoffs?

What kind of fucking waster made that list?

>not including the most greatest and bravest man of the 20th century

did a kike write it?

God byzaboos are insecure

OP is Muhammad there?

See

im pretty sure Legio Xii Fratensis won the superbowl in 38 ad and that was his legions

>Picasso
>no Renaissance artists

God i hate normies.

>Indira Gandhi

Can we limit it to one Gandhi please?

Doubt it. A kike would have included him specifically to include how evil he was and how many he killed.

There aren't even any composers on the list.

That's the only good thing about that stupid book though

>Daniel Barendoim

is this a joke? they include an overrated pianist/conductor that has done nothing for music and isn't remarkable by any standard except how he made a lot of money with so little talent(most likely just because he had big connections in the music business and he was a jew) and he will be forgotten about in 10 years while the likes of Beethoven, Wagner, Bach, Mozart, Schubert and other greats are left out