What prevented Africans from ever inventing anything or contributing to science and mathematics?

What prevented Africans from ever inventing anything or contributing to science and mathematics?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They never developed much of a civilization outside of Nubia, eithiopia. The west coast civilizations were late commers. And the city states scattered throughout the lake areas of chad and Zimbabwe were very primitive.

its very insulting using terms like 'Africans' that would also encompass great white nations like the Egyptians, please use 'niggers' next time to be more precise

low intelligence and poor conditions

They did, though.
Many inventions were made in Egypt, the carthaginians made clear glass, farmers made a simple calender based on the Julian one, that was much better for farming, Ibn Firnas an African was the first to try and play around with aerodynamics, epic failure, also North Africans early settlers started feeding the strong wild horses who they saw had better stamina, so that he could get stronger and mate with more females, this is the first use of eugenics in history, and the result is that Numidian horsemen had superhorses, who could take an arrow , they didn't even need saddles. These horses (trained in Septum, M.Tingitana), had the best gallop speed /and/ time at the height of Rome, Moorish cavalry was the best form of cavalry Rome could assemble for war.
Oh, and greeks attributed the creation of the whole field of astronomy to a mauritanian king called "Atlas of Mauritania".
There you go, these are probably contributions.

Egyptians were white not niggers

They did for a wee while before the rest of the world was populated by homosapiens where they did things like building societies around cities. But most of Africa is a barren shithole where crops can't be produced on a large scale. This prevents them from being able to settle down and build a society around a certain fertile farming region like in Europe.

All of these will be derided to irrelevance, attributed to literally anything other than a black human being, or not acknowledged at all.

This thread isn't about answering a question, it's about a white boy who feels the need to spam Veeky Forums with his fifth /pol/ thread of the day.

Actual discussions of history fall off the board for this faggot.

Here's a (you)

And saint Augustine of Hippo, he was a huge figure in western theology and philosophy alike. he was born in a pretty modest Algerian home.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

>Egyptians were white
Eh, no, they were Egyptian.
Oh, he's talking about sub-saharan Africans?
Oh dear.

The Carthaginians were a Punic civilization originating as a Phoenician colony, of which there were many around the Mediterranean sea. By the same logic the Romans were African through the province of Africa Proconsularis located on the north coast of Africa, incidentally also incorporating former Carthage.

Some user already explained Egypt adequately

Mohammadens do not believe in cause and effect. They believe that Allah is not bound by such trivial things.
You cannot develop scientific theories without cause and effect

They were isolated.

Sub-Saharan Africa still has more language diversity than almost anywhere else. Each people, each city state, each tribe, each empire, was separated by huge land formations and lack of ways to traverse them. Maps of the world don't relaly depict how large Africa really is.

This lack of exposure to other people meant a lack of new technologies or ideas spreading and mixing.

Whereas the Silk Road and the Mediterranean ended up being where all advancements in society spread to and from, because even from the ancient era, travel by sea was faster than travel by land.

the Scientific Method was invented by Muslims lol

This is the first time I've seen a retarded /pol/ shitposter say Egyptians were white, gave me a nice chuckle

Bullshit, what fantasy world do you live in? Pink unicorns and candy mountains?

its one of the hippest Veeky Forums memes

Causes and effects are inadmissible, according to al-Ghazali, because causes limit the absolute freedom of Allah to bring about whatever events he wills. Effects are brought about, not by causes, but by the direct will of Allah.

Except it incorporated the natives too, to the point where many rulers of Carthage were actually Pheonician, the concept of race wasn't a thing back then, we're not even sure who t attribute clear glass to, anyhow, wether it was a pheonician or a North African.
It's true, it was described vaguely by Aristotle, and muslims, huge aristoboos, installed it in their approach to, for example Mathematics or Medicine.

Al "Math is the language of the devil" ghazali was one of the reasons islamic contribution to science stopped, he declared Avicenna, a doctor , whose books are still used today as reference as a heretic.

Averroes literally argued the exact opposite of that in the 1100s.

Al-Ghazali is the worst thing to ever happen to Islam.

hope you mean subsaharan africa? in which case i bet for the same reason aboriginals, indians and others didn't achieve shit until colonialism.

and this despite alexander conquering parts of india too, still they achieved jackshit until around the 1500s

We are supposed to take this anecdote and seriously apply it to an entire massive as fuck continent? that spot dosn't even mention what country he was fucking in at al.

it's pretty obvious this guy read a few richard lynn articles then pretended he was a member of the peace corps. won't even say what country it is.

you mean like cahokia, an isolated city where no other city had existed

you mean like the Andeans who developed civilization independent of the rest of the world

or the Olmecs who did the same

but my jun-
Mayans
(and some amazonians)

Wait but the deser-
Pueblos

>muh mounta-
incans, again

>der wun no foo-
Incans existed on nearly only potatoes and tuber plants with a small amount of maize

>isolationed from whitey n sh-
So was america

> cities don't just come out of nowhe-
cahokia

>no beasts of bur-
Tenochtitlan and Cuzco, built without them.

>muh languages were-
The Americas have more language families than africa.

>muh trade rou-
Incans and Mesoamericans developed independent of eachothers technological influence, virtually completely.

>muh sea
Asides from the Arawak/Taino/Mayan trade which resulted in no much more than hammocks and words being significantly exchanged, most trade was carried out over land, by walking.

Remember this post whenever someone brings stupid (((jared diamond))) arguments up

YOU are a pseudo intellectual. Stop trying to find bullshit reasons

Why do you people keep replying to pol garbage? Stop it. Report and disregard.

Egyptians were/are middle eastern, not African. Greeks aren’t African.
>didn’t need saddles
Could they even make them?
Granted, the eugenics thing is impressive for their time period and level of civilization

wypipo

Does anyone bent on bashing Negroes actually read about what they were up to? I'm not saying they were on the brink of making any major contributions to humanity, but they had various semblances of structure and civilization, which varied from the stateless societies to more organized Arab influenced Areas of North-west and Eastern regions.

Triggered?

Egyptians are African, child.

> (You)
>Triggered?
>
>Egyptians are African, child.

Egyptians were not black, though.

And what? triggered? all I did was respond to the stupid post. Are you black or something?

Egypt is definitely not black my friend. There's something going on

I've yet to see a society that existed prior to foreign influence except maybe Nubia and some parts of nigeria

>literally black and white thinking
are you retarded

Memes aside, it's clear to anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain that Egyptians are more Middle Eastern that black African.

@3913062
You African does not necessarily mean Black retard.

>I've yet to see a society that existed prior to foreign influence except maybe Nubia and some parts of nigeria

What do you mean by foreign influence?

ICELAND CONFIRMED BLACK

Lets see how i can pick this shit apart
1. You're an idiot. Don't try to claim you know shit about Africa again

Now for you, so lets get started on some of these farces
>Cahokia
Really? the Mississippi region where there were trade routes everywhere from the south to the west? very nice "Isolated city".

>Andeans
is that a real word? lol

>Olmecs
Had a bunch of trade with other tribes and cultural shifts for a while

>my jun-
Are you saying that Central Africans and or South Africans did bad in Jungles when Great Zimbabwe existed? Ok and Mayans didn't last very long

>Mount
Are you implying that East and West Africans had trouble with mountains when Benin, Ghana, Axum, and Egypt existed?

>der wun no foo
speak english when you're greentexting fool

>isolated from whitey n shi-
didn't i say speak english? and EVERY Nation flourished without whitey, except the fucking aborigines, because they did nothing

>cities coming out of nowhere
Cahokia was built by a bunch redskins from the north, nothing comes out of nowhere

>beasts of bur-
What? finish the fucking sentence, idk what you're arguing.

>The Americas have more language families than africa.
How many Ethnicity's and languages do you think make up ALL of Africa? Africa is not a state you dip shit

>Incans and Mesoamericans developed independent of eachothers technological influence, virtually completely
No they didn't, They conquered each other immensely, trading with ally tribes, don't bullshit me

>Asides from the Arawak/Taino/Mayan trade which resulted in no much more than hammocks and words being significantly exchanged, most trade was carried out over land, by walking
In a lengthy post about how you know nothing of Africa and its history and try to demean the place, you absolutely fail at this. Are you implying that Africans could not Develop by sea because East goddamn Africa exists and has traded so many times with FUCKING INDIA. They found Madagascar together for fucks sake.

Yeah I'm reminded this is Veeky Forums, home of the racist retards.

Yeah you guys, Egyptians are Africans. They're in Africa.

and by the way /pol/-kun, tell me, what have these people done to CONTRIBUTE to society at all? hmm? you make a thread about what Africans have done to contribute anything and you move the goalpost to "black people" and then you start posting about redskins which they haven't contributed anything either.

Nearly all societies could be said to be influenced by foreigners to a degree. The only societies on earth (almost) totally free from foreign influence were eskimos and australian aborigines, though even they had sporadic contact with outsiders before the white man came.

Is your goal here to irritate people by having utterly shit indefensible arguments and stubbornly sticking to them? If it is to trigger leftists by speaking unspoken truths you are having the opposite effect and making /pol/ look like they have no idea what they are talking about.

Age of exploration. Same thing that BTFO'd Ottomans, and chinks (300 years earlier), and steppe nigger, and any other nigger.

Al-Biruni and Ibn al-Haytham were pioneers of the scientific method, and the claim that Muslims do not believe in casuality is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard on this board. Also, what does Islam have to do with this thread? The number of African Christians is almost four times larger than the number of African Muslims.

Most Africans are Christians and some of the greatest Muslim scientists were Ash’arites.

The concept of race was most certainly a thing then

wasn't wrong though

No it wasn't.

Ethiopia is mainly West Asian genetically, they're Middle-Easterners who took black wives

not you but

OP didnt say nigger

>all these Arabs getting butthurt over being called African

Muh Scientific progression

Well cultural influence, most seemed to form from some sort of Islamic influence

> (You)
>Lets see how i can pick this shit apart
>1. You're an idiot. Don't try to claim you know shit about Africa again
>Now for you, so lets get started on some of these farces
>>Cahokia
>Really? the Mississippi region where there were trade routes everywhere from the south to the west? very nice "Isolated city".
>>Andeans
Yes, they were Andean civilizations, so they were Andeans.

>>Olmecs
>Had a bunch of trade with other tribes and cultural shifts for a while
Mesoamerican tribes, their culture sprang up from Mesoamerica. Not from the old world, or Andeans, or from any other civilization, unlike Africa.

>Are you saying that Central Africans and or South Africans did bad in Jungles when Great Zimbabwe existed? Ok and Mayans didn't last very long
Are you retarded? Mayans lasted over 2000 years. Also, pic related.

>Are you implying that East and West Africans had trouble with mountains when Benin, Ghana, Axum, and Egypt existed?

Egyptians weren't black. And no, I was saying they are not an issue, the person I was replying to was saying they were. You would know if you read that reply.

>EVERY Nation flourished
Yes, no shit, but no civilization developed in Africa independent of foreign cultural influence, unlike Mesopotamia, Egypt(debatable), China, the Indus Valley, Norte Chico, or the Olmec/Maya.

>Cahokia was built by a bunch redskins from the north
...Who did not have a civilization

>What? finish the fucking sentence, idk what you're arguing.
Whining about Africans lack of beasts of burden.

>>The Americas have more language families than africa.
>How many Ethnicity's and languages do you think make up ALL of Africa? Africa is not a state you dip shit.
What does that have to do with what I said? The person I was replying to was claiming language is an issue when the Americas had even more linguistic diversity

>No they didn't, They conquered each other immensely, trading with ally tribes, don't bullshit me

Don't bullshit yourself, idiot. Neither Incans nor Aztecs reached the isthmus of panama, their contact was limited to indirect trade routes. You are only showing how little you know.

> Sea travel
I wasn't the one who brought it up as an issue, the person I replied to did. And I am pretty sure that the sea travel in East Africa was mostly one sided as they didn't have the sail or a way to island hop as Caribbean natives did. I won't say that as a fact, though.

There are several examples of civilization that FORMED without the influence of other civilizations. The issue is that there is virtually none in africa. Almost all of Africas great empires were heavily Islamic influenced.

I didn't make this thread, and without Andean and Mesoamerican civilizations Mexico, Central America and the Andes invented many things parallel to Europeans and Indians. I can say they didn't contribute much to science, but no one can say they didn't make their own advances. They just were not influential for obvious reasons.

But if you want a serious reply, corn. I don't feel like listing examples

>cahokia
Ife. Benin. Kumasi.

>Andeans
Had sedentary agriculture thousands of years before Africans, giving them far longer to develop. Same goes for Mesoamerica.

>Mayans
See above. Also the cities I mentioned above were all in jungles.

>Pueblos
Villages are not a civilization. Dhar Tichitt is the same shit and much older.

>beasts of bur-
Africans built cities in the jungles without these.

>languages
Completely irrelevant.

>trade routes
Mesoamerican and Andean civilizations, despite being mostly seperate, both existed within highly interconnected regions of their own. Mesoamerica especially was covered in trade routes. The same is true of West Africa, which is why civilization emerged there.

>most trade was carried out over land
As it was in Africa.

>jared diamond
Hardlky any of these "agruments" have anything to do with Jard Diamond.

And that is what's so strange. Islam before Ghazali was a brilliant place. Now it's a barren wasteland.

Ghazali is perhaps the worst person to ever live in human history. He successfully accomplished what the Jews, Christians, and Mongols failed to do; destroy the Middle East.

>There are several examples of civilization that FORMED without the influence of other civilizations.
And yet these civilizations are in the vast vast minority. You could probably count them on your hands. And even then, since the majority of these civilizations are from the early bronze age, it's hard to say with any certainty that we even know enough about them to make the claim that they were founded without any outside influence. Most every civilization and culture in human history was formed and prospered due to having foreign contacts.
>The issue is that there is virtually none in africa.
Yeah sure, if you just flat out ignore them. Ghana, Aksum, Kongo, and Kanem come to mind.
>Almost all of Africas great empires were heavily Islamic influenced.
And why is this a problem with so many of you? Virtually every European nation starting from the late Roman period was heavily influenced by a religion from the Middle East as well. The Latin alphabet is derived from the Greek alphabet, which itself is derived from a script from the Middle East. Culture and civilization is not a static thing. Life isn't like Civ 5. Ideas, languages, and skills germinate through and across cultural and political boundaries. They always have.

africas a literal shithole chokepointed by assholes. they still should have built a maratime trading venture partner empire with india though. no excuse.

>most of Africa is a barren shithole where crops can't be produced on a large scale
Bullshit. Central Africa has some of the most fertile land in all of the World and it's land-mass is similar to the countries of the whole of the United States or China.

>they still should have built a maratime trading venture partner empire with india though.
Oh you mean exactly like they did for centuries? Look, just because you don't know about a subject doesn't mean you should just assume it doesn't exist.

Benis
Buganda
Bunyoro
Ethiopia
Ghana
Kanem
Kongo
Luba
Lunda
Merina
Makpungunwe/Zimbabwe
All I can remember from the top of my head.
Kind of unfair to ask what natives contributed, considering they literally couldn't share their inventions with the rest of the world, unlike Africans.
I can give you some notable inventions though, with a little "-S" to signify if it was shared:
Anaesthesia
Bulletproof vests -S
Electroplating
Freeze-drying -S
Hammocks -S
Rubber
Vulcanization
Somalis and other Eastern Africans such as those in Zanzibar or Kilwa did have long mercantile voyages in the Indian ocean.
Reminder that the "barren" "shithole" of Zimbabwe was the breadbasket of Africa.

Black people invented the traffic light, gas mask, air conditioner, papyrus, printing press, the horseshoe, fire extinguisher, ice cream, mailbox, refrigerator, typewriter, heart surgery, blood plasma extraction, peanut butter, jazz music, rock music, and rap music. You're welcome.

Back in the real world other than the music they didn't invent any of those.

Peanut Butter was invented by the Aztecs
Rap music isn't something to thank people for, nigger.

from the horn to the mouth of the nile it wasnt such a shithole i guess, lots of cannabis based empires (etc) through the ages, but the rest is just so damn big, no advent to admixture for innovation, progress. No combination of ideas and peoples from differing areas so frequently. Just stick chuckers.

Oh just stop. Don't try to blame one fucking guy for a vast series of events that unfolded over centuries. Thomas Aquinas read Ghazali fervently and there are numerous Islamic scholars who followed Ashʿari before and after Ghazali. The idea that this man somehow "killed" the Middle East is horribly outdated.

like.. see the fucking diversity and size of europe? fucking pressure cooker for advancement. Compare africa/australia/south america

>poor conditions
>richest continent when it comes to resources
>warm weather and plenty of land for agriculture

Niggers gonna nig, northern africans had much worse conditions with the dessert right next to them and they still managed to achieve stuff.

The idea is that his teachings halted scientific research, he thought that we should not research this or that if it threathens the devinity of god, we should not look for cures because that is challenging the will of god, we should not approach philosoply, because it challenges the existence of god, read his "Incoherence of Philosophy" to see just how deranged but convicive the man is.

Same thing that prevented humans in Papua New Guinea/Australia from amounting to shit a very low average IQ that meant most intelligent people of their race would be mocked and bullied constantly for not being a feral retard.

>But most of Africa is a barren shithole
Yes user the Sahara is most of Africa's surface area.

>Sub-Saharan Africa still has more language diversity than almost anywhere else
Its because they its pure sound, sound languages can be anything since you dont need to apply consistency with visual writing, it also indicates a culture is braindead.

The black race existed long long long BEFORE ANY EURASIAN race they have no excuse as to why they didnt advance before we existed.

Right off your ass. More so when civilization was born in the middle east.

>but the rest is just so damn big
Which is part of the reason why there was so much isolation between groups. If it weren't for horses, Asia would probably be similar.
>no advent to admixture for innovation, progress. No combination of ideas and peoples from differing areas so frequently.
Take note kids. This is what happens when you get your history from MS Paint /pol/ infographics instead of actual historians. The Eastern, Western, and Southern regions of Africa are absolutely nothing like one another and this is precisely because of the difference in ideas and knowledge shared throughout these areas.
>Just stick chuckers
kek. Any idea how they might have chucked this stick?

>The idea is that his teachings halted scientific research
Except they didn't for reasons I've already laid out.

This, what prompted civilization is a complete mystery.
I'm North African, from Tunisia, I spent a lot of time in sub-saharan Africa, it just doesn't work for them, it's as if civilization is not compatible with them, all concepts of government given to them doesn't work with their harsh social structure, they are borne through a hard, simply by the will to the survive, and this creates hardy men, hardy but not terribly altruistic you see, I've fed many bloated black babies there, it ain't gonna get better.
The only solution for sub-saharan Africa is being left alone, sure, many will die, they will suffer, but that is the exact reason why people create civilization, it is the collective purpose in creating a better life, not being dropped on you from the sky from this weird metal machine (yes, some villagers in sub-saharan Africa barely has any idea about planes)

literal brainlet infograph of africa

Agreed they are nomadic wild humans who should never be allowed in societies and dropped into the wilderness where they belong.

>Its because they its pure sound, sound languages can be anything since you dont need to apply consistency with visual writing
What? Writing is a supplement to language. Every written language starts out as pure sound.
>it also indicates a culture is braindead
Ah yes. Truly the work of a braindead people.

You should study Islamic structure in that period, mate.
He's not blamed by most of contemporary scholars for the fall of muslims, that was gonna happen either way, he is being blamed for striking the final blow, nailing the coffin.
You see scholars had camps, and every camp would try and convince the ruler, of his ideas, and then the ruler would try and implement those ideas if he deems them just, and the camp, led by none other than Al Ghazali filled the mind of many rulers to come with toxic ideas (basically that the Umayyads had it right, we should follow the prophet and his companions and ignore the low howls of the non-muslims, they are just trying to mislead us from the rightous path)
I wouldn't blame him for the fall, I'd blame him for the current decadant islam and their inability to go back to their former glory.

>Inca had no written language
Freaking brainlets I swear

Knots are not writing user.

I sometimes think about this, I just think sub-saharan Africans are brainlets, even modern Africans hold the same habits they've always had. Even the ones on the east coast weren't really advanced and probably heavily influenced by Arabs/Maghrebs, even then no African (aside from Aksumites/Ethiopians who were influenced by Christianity to begin with) had a written language, agriculture, architecture, philosophy, basic technology, domestication, anything everyone else was known for/etc. They did have drums though, and IIRC were pretty good at rhythms and beat patterns.

If I could get to the meat of it, I believe it's their culture, they practiced slavery, cannibalism, human sacrifice, animal abuse, shamanism etc long before the white man came to teach them common sense. The women in particular enjoyed torturing humans and animals alike, there was even an Amazonian-esque tribe full of women who killed their male children who had grown their top teeth first. They were eventually put down since women are incompetent lol.

I read all this stuff from a book called 'Negros in Negroland' if you want to check it out. I haven't finished it yet, but it has lots of recounts from European settlers who explain the things they encounter. It's pretty interesting stuff, it's like Africa was a living hell for everyone before Europeans saved them from themselves.

Also with everyone detailing the thread with Islamic memes, all their "advancements" came from the dhimmi cultures who translated, built, and discovered everything for them. The reason why Islam can only produce shit countries is because the dhimmi cultures can't provide anything else for them anymore. They're all absolutely anti-intellectual to the point of burning vast amounts of books held in monasteries just because they're irrelevant to the Qur'an. They even burned the library of Alexandria. I bet you didn't know that Baghdad was designed by an Assyrian and a Jew, Muslims can't even design their own cities.

Except those trade routes were ran by Persians and (probably) Greeks. That's how Zanzibar came to be a strategic trading city, literally colonized by Persians.

>even then no African (aside from Aksumites/Ethiopians who were influenced by Christianity to begin with)
The founding of Aksum predates Christianity's spread to the region, and it isn't even the first Ethiopian civilization regardless.
>agriculture
Are you retards just allergic to research or something? Agriculture has been in SSA since 4500 BC and was spread to the majority of the continent through the Bantu expansion. The only African hunter gatherers were the Khoisan.
>architecture
Dhar Tichitt is literally older than Mycenaean Greece
>basic technology
You mean like iron working, which has been in SSA since 1500 BC?
>domestication
Of all the shit you've listed so far, this is by far the most idiotic. Have you never seen a fucking Basenji in your life? Do you not know what Sanga cattle are?
>anything everyone else was known for/etc
Hard for people to be known for shit when lazy dumb asses don't bother actually researching what they've done.
>they practiced slavery, human sacrifice, animal abuse
All things that were practiced by white people for centuries
>I read all this stuff from a book called 'Negros in Negroland'
Ah, and now it all makes sense where your ineptitude stems from.
>Also with everyone detailing the thread with Islamic memes, all their "advancements" came from the dhimmi cultures who translated, built, and discovered everything for them.
>Implying Averroes was a dhimmi

They are light years ahead of slavs, what are you even blustering about?

You're mixing up eras. The Kilwa Sultanate was established well after 100 AD. Trade back then was run by numerous different peoples at different steps of the process. There wasn't just one state running all the routes. Aksum was a supplier in its own right, but it was also an important middle man. Aksumite merchants worked along the trade routes coming from India and going north to Rome.

What causes people to have strong opinions on subjects they literally know nothing about?
You have people in this thread talking shit about sub-saharns for shit that is false that even a google search would prove wrong.
People literally think their opinion formed from...literally nothing is more accurate than googling "african civilizations"?

>The founding of Aksum predates Christianity's spread to the region, and it isn't even the first Ethiopian civilization regardless.
Regardless, they were influenced by it whereas other cultures weren't. Their earliest works were even religious ones which indicates a religious importance in writing shit down.
>Agriculture has been in SSA since 4500 BC and was spread to the majority of the continent through the Bantu expansion.
I haven't read anything about that, even Wikipedia mentions everybody except for Africans. What exactly did they grow?
>Have you never seen a fucking Basenji in your life? Do you not know what Sanga cattle are?
No, because I'm not from fucking Africa. Even then, did they put these animals to use? To work a mill? Keep the cows in check?
>Hard for people to be known for shit when lazy dumb asses don't bother actually researching what they've done.
Please name one African philosopher (not some Arabized Muslim either).
>All things that were practiced by white people for centuries
Not really, especially not compared to Africans. They'd sacrifice thousands of people a day and hold festivals for it, especially when they had to send some people to their dead ancestors to earn their favor. Only some European tribes sacrificed a few people in bogs. Butcheries in Africa were compared to European ones, except without beef/lamb/pork, they just used human flesh. Europeans were not cannibals. Last I checked Europeans didn't go around torturing people and animals as a way to pass the time.
>Ah, and now it all makes sense where your ineptitude stems from.
How about you read historical recounts instead of sitting in your Marxist bubble? You are on Veeky Forums, right?
>Implying Averroes was a dhimmi
It's debatable, even if he was Muslim he was Persian. Even then he was killed for heresy.
>Iron Age tools are so impressive lol
>Meanwhile you're being gunned down by magic powder boom sticks by a pale guy

(1/2)
>Regardless, they were influenced by it whereas other cultures weren't.
What other cultures are you talking about here? Most Europeans cultures were thoroughly influenced by Christianity.
>Their earliest works were even religious ones which indicates a religious importance in writing shit down.
Ge'ez script was used on coins before it was used for any religious texts.
>I haven't read anything about that, even Wikipedia mentions everybody except for Africans
Then you didn't look very hard. Read the page on the Neolithic Revolution. It will also tell you what was grown there.
>No, because I'm not from fucking Africa
You don't have to be from Africa to know what a Basenji. They're a recognized dog breed in multiple kennel clubs around the world. You'll see them all the time at dog shows. Also, the fact that you're not from Africa isn't an excuse. This shit is easily researched.
>Even then, did they put these animals to use? To work a mill? Keep the cows in check?
They used them like most cultures used cattle. For farming and meat. In west Africa they were also used for war.
>Please name one African philosopher (not some Arabized Muslim either)
Zera Yacob. Not like it'll matter to you though considering any kind of African philosophy I might put forward you'll either dismiss or degrade for not falling in line with what you specifically want to see. Which is pretty ridiculous given we're talking about something as amorphous as philosophy.
>Not really, especially not compared to Africans
Several European cultures committed human sacrifice including the celts. They didn't all do it, but then again, neither did all Africans.
>They'd sacrifice thousands of people a day and hold festivals for it
Pre-modern African states didn't have the kind of population to be able to kill thousands a day. The incidents of mass sacrifice were much more spread out.

(2/2)
>Last I checked Europeans didn't go around torturing people and animals as a way to pass the time.
Romans literally sent Christians off to be eaten alive by lions and brought in crowds of people to watch it for fun.
>How about you read historical recounts instead of sitting in your Marxist bubble? You are on Veeky Forums, right?
Judging by how little you’ve proven yourself to know about African history in general, I’m willing to bet I’ve read far more historical accounts than you encompassing a far wider timeframe.
>It's debatable, even if he was Muslim he was Persian.
>Averroes
>Persian
Oh my god, just fucking stop. You’ve got no fucking clue what you’re talking about. Averroes was born in Spain and his father was a chief judge. Also he died at 72, due to old age.
>Iron Age tools are so impressive lol
Then maybe you should have specified what it was you were talking about. All you said was that they lacked “basic technology.” Is Iron working not basic technology?
>Meanwhile you're being gunned down by magic powder boom sticks by a pale guy
>Implying Africans didn’t know what a fucking gun was
>Implying a gun is "basic technology" by any reasonable person's definition of the word "basic."

arabs were the most recent conquerers but pre-islam it was black

where there is ease of movement, ideas will flow.

most of africa must be traversed by hard walking, with non-native animals dying of disease, and many man-eating carnivores, and aggressive herbivores.

almost no navigable rivers.

perfect for hunter-gathers, the worst conditions for trading. (and therefore permanent cities), one bad harvest and everyone starves.

>lack of a common lingua franca across large land areas prevents spreading/exchange of ideas

>rough terrain and lack of waterways viable for travel prevents contact between peoples -> prevents exchange/spread of ideas

>What other cultures are you talking about here?
Other African cultures.
>Ge'ez script was used on coins before it was used for any religious texts.
There is a tradition which holds that it has religious origins such that of Enosh introducing it to them. Regardless, my point was that Aksum gets a pass for being introduced to different cultures and ideas.
>You'll see them all the time at dog shows.
I'm sure of that, even so I don't watch dog shows, I highly doubt most people would know of the Sanga cattle.

>Zera Yacob
>A Christian guy from Aksum
I was talking about sub-saharan cultures, I already gave Ethiopians a pass since they don't count.

>Several European cultures committed human sacrifice including the celts. They didn't all do it, but then again, neither did all Africans.
Yes, I already said that, but what they did was nothing comparable to Africans.

>Pre-modern African states didn't have the kind of population to be able to kill thousands a day. The incidents of mass sacrifice were much more spread out.
Not even hundreds a day for a week? Not even from their conquered enemies?

>Romans literally sent Christians off to be eaten alive by lions and brought in crowds of people to watch it for fun.
That had a specific purpose, though. They went out of their way to massacre Christians who were considered their enemies.
>Judging by how little you’ve proven yourself to know about African history in general
That's because I don't study African history, I read a bit of this book which explained the type of shit that went on there. Even you won't deny human sacrifice and cannibalism happened. Heck even if Europeans did it once, they stopped almost 2 thousand years ago while Africans continue the practices today.

>Averroes
I meant Avicenna, my bad.

>Then maybe you should have specified what it was you were talking about.
Then maybe you should have given a better example of their technological height.

>Implying Euros didn't introduce guns to them