Ancestry

This is my great great great great great Grandmother, Mary Jane. She was born in South Carolina in 1797. What did you find in your ancestry Veeky Forums?

What kind of camera was used?

Thanks, I'm adding this to my necrophilia folder so I can fap to it later.

hahahahaha brilliant

not an expert on cameras. she lived to be over 100 though so I wouldn't be able to research

Brother of my great great grandfather, was a dick to Billy the kid and got killed by him

Well one stung me so I followed it back and found the nest now I intend to gas it like I was a Nazi regime and they were Jews.

My great grandfather would allow General Gorostieta to visit his ranch during the Cristero Revolt in Mexico.

Sadly that's the coolest tidbit of family history that I know of.

Oh, and my other great grandfather got deported during the Great Depression as part of the Repatriation Act.

I have mostly Confederate soldiers in my direct lineage. One fought with the 24th Alabama.

My grandfather-in-law fought in the Korean War for Canada, that’s about all I know about my historical ancestry.

I found another. Mary Jane Simmons who married my great great great grandpappy Benson

A bunch of nobody farmers in Ohio, descended from a Hessian soldier who settled in Virginia. My mother's paternal line.

Too scared to call my father's biological father, as beyond him I know nothing of my paternal line. Hoping he dies soon and saves good records.

Pretty uneventful on my dad's side desu. Most interesting tidbit I guess is that going as far back as the revolution, all my paternal ancestors were either too young or too old to serve in any major conflicts when they happened. AFAIK my dad was the first in our paternal line to ever technically serve in a war. If you can call the Gulf War a war, kek.

Mom's side is a bit more interesting. My maternal grandmother's father actually got into a fued with his sisters over how their parent's farm would be inherited. Long story short, great grandpa got screwed over and ended getting jack shit in the will. Relations with that side of the family were strained for a good while because of that, but now since all the people who were actually old enough to remember any of that are dead, nobody really cares anymore. IIRC my great grandpa ended living a more successful life than his sisters anyway.

>me: farmer
>dad: butcher
>grandad: butcher
Back now to Portugal prior to the 1930s
>great grandad: farmer
>great great grandad: farmer
>great great great grandad: farmer
At least my family has always done something of substance to provide for humanity plus they've all owned land.

I'm black...

Here you go. Most of the interesting stuff is found on my paternal side, old sword nobility with plenty of interesting people and stories.

I found this sketch of my grandmothers grandfather but have no idea what the uniform is. I assume Austro-Hungarian or Russian. Anybody know?

My great great uncle was in the SS and was hanged by the US government after the war.

Haha

Really? My grandpa died at Auschwitz, he fell off a guard tower.

I learned about one that died at Lützen in 1632, and whos only son (my ancestor) was born two weeks after the battle.

Another one was an SS Volunteer who died 22 years old

Other than that it's not much. Mostly farmers and working class, some military officers.

Well aren't you original.
There's actually a chapter about him in a book called The Dachau Defendants.

My great-grandmother was from a major noble family in Hungary, directly descent from the Árpád kings in the 11-14th century and through them, most of Europe's royal families like the Ruriks, Münsös, Merovings, Piasts, a few Byzantine dynasties, Bulgarian kings etc.

I can't really tell, but I'd rather say Russian based on the stache boots and colours. The hat could be AH.

I'm very likely related to Menno Simons

On the other side my family was one of the most prominent in the Orange Order in Canada

My great-great grandfather had his leg blown off at the Somme, but he lived and survived the war.
Besides that there's nothing really to share - "back then men didn't talk about their lives."

Here's mine

My great great great great grandpa found himself in ur ancestry if u no wat I mean LMAO

One of my ancestors was the first King of Jerusalem

Carroll County Rifles reporting in.

My great uncle fought at Dunkirk in the Kings Own Yorkshire Regiment. Other relatives were in the Royal Artillery, Engineers and Coldstream Guards. I don't know any further back than that unfortunately.

Your grandmother was a ghost, you fucking ghost?

Perhaps in some ways.

Direct descendant of a 19th century US president. Not a greatly-remembered one at that.

Bump

This is my great grandfather,born 1872. He worked with making tunnels (for the railroad I must assume) and blew off both his hands in an accident.