How come so many of the people who participate in Renaissance festivals are usually left wing...

How come so many of the people who participate in Renaissance festivals are usually left wing? They do realize they'd be killed in that time period right?

You too would be considered to be left wing
Conservatives of today were leftist librulz of few centruies ago

You woudl be a leftist too, unless right now you advocate for the enslavement of negroes with biblical justification

I'm a monarchist, papist, young earth creationist, heliocentrist, flat earther, I support slavery, feudalism, and hate immigrants. Explain why I would be killed.

>thinks people in Renaissance thought world was flat

you would be kiled for being a flat earther

So will right-wing people?

An edgy nationalist wasn't someone who was endearing to a monarchy. Hell, monarchs regularly killed those types up until the mid 19th century.

Left and right wing doesn't make sense in a renaissance context.

>flat earther
People would think you were a massive retard
>I support slavery
Unless you were in Ireland, Wallachia or Scandinavia you would probably be put under house arrest by religious authorities.

[citation needed]
Also every NEET that scrolls this site wouldn’t last a day during the Renaissance, or any time period prior to the 21st century for that matter

Because left-wingers are more affluent and creative than right-wingers.

>Explain why I would be killed.
Because you're a mouthbreathing retard

This. All the right wing does is romanticising romantizised romantizied romantizised images of the past

>How come so many of the people who participate in American "Renaissance festivals" are usually left wing?
ftfy

Because they're not actually living in that time period? You know there's a difference between reenactment and reality.

because ren fairs are nothing different than carnivals or the circus or county fairs, and they are going to be filled with the same weirdo carnies who are hippie weirdo drug addicts

Here in Hungary, our equivalent of Renaissance fairs is usually a right wing thing.

They're fucking insane though. Barely anyone depicts the M=medieval Kingdom of Hungary (you know, the actual country where the modern one descends from?), instead everyone goes WE WUZ TURAN N SHIT and larps as the Nomadic Magyars, Turkic Tribesmen, or Huns.

THEY RUINED THE RENAISSANCE FAIR NEAR MY HOUSE WITH THEIR FAGGOTRY
>lets all get drunk and sing about how diverse we are
>pirates are Medieval r-right?
unironically this, brainlets just won't understand..
>Hell, monarchs regularly killed those types up until the mid 19th century.
such as?

>Calls others brainlets.
>Doesn't know about 1848.

The Congress of Vienna's Holy Alliance was literally to support each other versus French Revolution style Liberal/Nationalist uprisings.

Sop projecting your hate towards the left.
Renaissance fairs have nothing to do with politics.

btw source for that bullshit "they would be killed in that time"?

I dunno about other renfairs but the SCA is fairly conservative socially speaking even if they don't politically identify as such. Being a thot or having a dishonorable reputation will get you shunned by the important people and ruin any chance at social advancement.

I think young people in general tend to liberal as well as more likely to be interested in fantasy and renfair but a lot of the older crowd are not as easy to type.

Lefties see old ideal like chivalry, sacrifice, and the tradition present in a monarchy system of government as something we have evolved past and not just a time when we were more in tune with a natural order. It is condescending in a way. Just like they see the lifestyles of people in africa and asia as an experience they can just kind of put in their pocket they see old european mythos as the same. In reality the redneck farmhand would be more at home riding horses with the men of old then these faggots would and their metropolitan unnatural way of life is more seperated from that than the guys with no teeth they make fun of.

Long story short: they want some experiences available to them but ironically they fight against it not realizing you cant keep lifestyles in a human zoo.

Now, user... you know the average Veeky Forums poster is not well based in reality.

>Be right-wing person.
>Be nationalist
>Live in Medieval Ages.
>Your Monarch is a foreigner due to succession laws.
>You: "YOU HAVE TO GO BACK."

>Arrested for treason

>people who participate in renaissance fairs are usually left wing
Nigger what

Modern day NEETs live like the kings of the Renaissance. Probably better than

>Here in Hungary, our equivalent of Renaissance fairs is usually a right wing thing.
>They're fucking insane though. Barely anyone depicts the M=medieval Kingdom of Hungary (you know, the actual country where the modern one descends from?),
>instead everyone goes WE WUZ TURAN N SHIT and larps as the Nomadic Magyars, Turkic Tribesmen, or Huns.

Sounds similar to what they are like in Poland lol. I went to my first one this summer as an assignment for a university class I was in and that shit was "WE WUZ" as fuck. It was a fun time though, I can see why people like that sort of thing. The 'energy' reminded of a US fan convention, everyone was chilling and relaxed which was a nice change of pace from the usual "Fuck off" vibe of most Poles.

Such a pointless thread

You fat neckbeards on Veeky Forums would be first on the chopping block.

>monarchist
which monarch? In any regard you'll be beheaded in some petty HRE city-state that wishes to remain more autonomous
>papist
Say goodbye in England, northern HRE, Sweden, Ottoman Empire, etc. etc.
>young earth creationist
Having any opinion on how we are here is heresy, burn witch
>heliocentrist
Killed by the catholic church
>flat earther
Nobody believed this, seen as a subversive witch and killed
>slavery
slavery is unchristian and tool of the ottomans, killed
>feudalism
Killed by the rising middle class and angry peasantry in the latest revolt
>hate immigrants
Immigration didn't even exist as a concept back then. Killed for inventing a new concept

Because even the most devout inquisitor would have found you insufferable and likely would concoct a reason to have you tortured to death.

They are normalfags who enjoy the aesthetic of the era but not the society in total. Its basically just cosplay. Master morality of the aristocracy is anathema to them and many cucks in this thread

kek do poles larp as sarmatians/scythians? pls be true

>this triggers the soyboy

Looks pretty cool desu

Thats a lot of fancy words for a surf. Get the fuck back you your field before I behead your first born.

>monarchist
>papist
lol, better hope your king never gets in a tiff with the ol pontifex maximus then. Otherwise your ass is grass.

Nobody during the renaissance was enslaving negroes specifically user, and racial slavery has no biblical justification. The Christians of the period were also against slavery in general.