What does this flag mean to you?

What does this flag mean to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A5ra9cXx1-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

An edgy faggot trying to provoke people on a board full of pseuds and/or racist cretins

I'm from the south to me it stands for southern pride, which was stolen from us by the enternal y*nkee scum

/thread

A white etho symbol that represents the American south and it's struggle for independence.

Freedom, heritage, honor, liberty, anti-totalitarianism.

A reminder of what could have been.

The war is over, anons.

Civil war, such as you have just passed through naturally engenders feelings of animosity, hatred, and revenge. It is our duty to divest ourselves of all such feelings; and as far as it is in our power to do so, to cultivate friendly feelings towards those with whom we have so long contended, and heretofore so widely, but honestly, differed. Neighborhood feuds, personal animosities, and private differences should be blotted out; and, when you return home, a manly, straightforward course of conduct will secure the respect of your enemies. Whatever your responsibilities may be to Government, to society, or to individuals meet them like men.

The attempt made to establish a separate and independent Confederation has failed; but the consciousness of having done your duty faithfully, and to the end, will, in some measure, repay for the hardships you have undergone. In bidding you farewell, rest assured that you carry with you my best wishes for your future welfare and happiness. Without, in any way, referring to the merits of the Cause in which we have been engaged, your courage and determination, as exhibited on many hard-fought fields, has elicited the respect and admiration of friend and foe. And I now cheerfully and gratefully acknowledge my indebtedness to the officers and men of my command whose zeal, fidelity and unflinching bravery have been the great source of my past success in arms.
I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue. You have been good soldiers, you can be good citizens. Obey the laws, preserve your honor, and the Government to which you have surrendered can afford to be, and will be, magnanimous.
—N.B. Forrest, Lieut.-General
Headquarters, Forrest's Cavalry Corps
Gainesville, Alabama
May 9, 1865.

triggered much? jesus christ ez mode

a sad chance to have 2 americas, how badass would that have been?

>t. brainlet darkie

Rock music made by rednecks.

You are in denial if you think it doesn't represent the Southern fighting white man.

Not necessarily a symbol of slavery of racism, but I don't think it's in any way a symbol of the south or state rights. The south has a rich and wonderful history, there's no need to represent it with something to remember a tragic war that was fought for retardes reasons.

Failure. Crushing, smothering, inescapable failure.

The naval jack or the largest pro-slavery insurrection in history.

a shit tier "society" whose rightful place is under the boot of the north

Is this about Southern whites being the descendants of Celts?

A low HDI, undeveloped, resource dependent part of the world in desperate need of foreign aid

>the Union lost 300,000 men to quell this

>The war is over, anons.

It's jist half-time, Yankee.

Eat a orange slice and get ready to finish this.

me personally? the flag of the South, a banner depicting a specific cultural region. IMO only y*nkees and negroids looking to start shit take offense.

but this, really
/thread

Just another flag representing some idea relevant enough for people to embrace or hate upon..

THEM DUKE BOYS ARE AT IT AGAIN

A flag of minor but legitimate use during the ACW , which was then revived during the civil rights movement for purely reactionary and racist purposes.

Illogical hatred for no other reason than skin colour

>the only difference in race is skin color

Slavery and Rednecks

This

t. Britbong

This meme needs to die.

Sticking it to the man, rebellion, freedom, political incorrectness, Terrans from Starcraft, going your own way, independence, autonomy.

A naval jack of the Confederacy revived because it's asthetically pleasing to become a symbol of the South. It's funny how people try to turn nice things into hate symbols. Pepe was just the latest. This was arguably the first.

Jim Crow

A failed rebellion whose defeat marked the end of slavery in the United States and the beginning of the notion of America as a nation-state in and of itself rather than a confederation of states.

>AYKCHUALLY THAT'S NOT THE ACTUAL CONFEDERATE FLAG

Confederate sympathizers and neo-Confederates use the battle flag, and in popular culture it's seen as "the Confederate flag". Confederate apologists always rely on technicalities like this because they have no answer to the fact that primary documents explicitly and repeatedly state that the Confederate States was founded in order to preserve the institution of slavery.

rebellion

Dukes of hazard

a derivation of the imperial Russian jack.

Heritage but not in a "wooo they should've won" way, just my respect for history and being southern. Plus Dixie is a really good song. Call me a cuck but it's good thing the yanks kicked our asses.
youtu.be/A5ra9cXx1-o
I listen to this once a day

Fuck lincoln though, he was a tyrant towards his yank subjects

An aesthetic looking flag.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord,
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored,
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword,
His truth is marching on.

Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps,
I can read His righteous sentence in the dim and flaring lamps,
His day is marching on.

His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel,
"As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal",
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on.

Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat,
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat,
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.

Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me,
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.

While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is Succour to the brave,
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of Time His slave,
Our God is marching on.

Our God is marching on!

Flag of losers

losers

>le reddit hivemind

Flag of the south, let them fly it since they died for it it's their fucking right

you know this author was kind of a hack, right?

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!

In Dixie's Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie's Land I'll take my stand,
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie!

There's buckwheat cakes and Injun batter,
Makes you fat or a little fatter.
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land

Then hoe it down and scratch your gravel,
To Dixie's Land I'm bound to travel.
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie's Land I'll take my stand,
to live and die in Dixie.

A mistake. US should have been split off. Now the country can't function as its showing its two different ideology, one of Confederates and one of Union.

If split off is not an option, then the confederates should have been nuked from the orbit. They are a cancer to this country.

If that happened, the British would probably have taken control. Their foreign policy was impeccable

Pride, culture and killing y*nkees

and yet we stil BTFO 300,000 y*nkees

when will y*Nks ever learn

fpbp

>retards actually believe this
kek the US survived fine as one nation for the entire 20th century the north/south divide didn't come back till 2000 when the internet polarized people

>Previously
A Battle flag for the Southern Forces
>Now
Some edgy colonial shit used by rednecks.

One of the flags amerimutts are obsessed about.

It happened during Nixon shock too. The US world was turned upside down. We uplifted China out of poverty and gave them the keys to the world.

I can't remember any past that as history is too murky, but I have a very strong suspicion the Great Depression was due to the deep south conservatives too.

Poor whites getting cucked by rich whites

These