Historically, have christians and muslims coexisted more often than they have fought?

Historically, have christians and muslims coexisted more often than they have fought?
Was the rivalry more between the governments, or also between the commoners?

Post about notable areas and periods when either conflict (mass grass root stuff, not just formal king vs king war) happened, or where coexistence occurred.

Other urls found in this thread:

shadbase.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>shadman

I didn't read a word you posted, but source of image?

GOOOOOD FUCKK

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP, YEAH SIT ON MY FACE PLEASE SNIFFF

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

MORE MORE MY DEAR ASS LADY

BRAAAAAP OH YES YES IM IN ASS HEAVEN

no
yes
ottoman empire, russia, modern europe

Literally every country in the Middle East had sizable Christian populations until WW1 when the Turks went full ape mode. Some regions (Assyria, Lebanon, Armenian Plateau) were majority Christian. Egypt was mostly Coptic until well into the late Middle Ages and today has a 10% Christian population (it’s almost certainly higher because the government tries to minimize their size).

>ottoman empire, russia
Those are perfect examples for coexistence.
>europe
Muslims never had much of a presence in Europe, they always were a minority and segregated.

Are you having a severe stroke?

I'd stroke my dick inside that ass

>Historically, have christians and muslims coexisted more often than they have fought?
Yes, if only for the fact that people in general spend more time co-existing than fighting each other. Warring is a resource intensive endeavor and incredibly risky if not planned out properly.
>Was the rivalry more between the governments, or also between the commoners?
Depends on where you're talking about. Not every Christian and Muslim country operated the same internally. Relations between Christians and Muslims in the Ottoman Empire would have been far more strenuous than relations between Christians and Muslims in Cordoba. We can't really get a decent idea of the other side though, because for most of history Christian nations have not allowed non-Christians (aside from Jews) to exist within their borders. Not even rivalries between governments were always the same. For instance, in the time leading up to the Crusades, the relations between the Byzantine Empire and the Fatimid Caliphate were actually pretty cordial. Well, at least as cordial as medieval polities would get at that time. When the Crusades went down, the Fatimids actually thought that the Crusaders were Byzantine mercenaries and were eager to team up with them to fight the common Seljuq enemy. The Crusaders quickly made it clear that this was not the case.

>Post about notable areas and periods when either conflict (mass grass root stuff, not just formal king vs king war) happened, or where coexistence occurred.
This will kind of be a mix of grass root and king stuff, but the story of El Cid is a pretty interesting one in regards to this topic. El Cid was a Castilian Christian, but over the course of his life he ended up swearing fealty to Christian lords and Muslim sultans alike. His army was also composed of a mix of Christians and Muslims, and he was generally popular with both.

Aaah, good old al-Sayyid, king of Balansiyya.

>

>

>Lebanon
Clearly you dont know what you are talking about.

Post the fucking source already.

The Kingdom of Scily under the Normans... if only briefly

shadbase.com
Your life's about to change, user, and not for the better.

Albania i guess

Well, I know that in the crusades when they weren't fighting they got along. Falconry united them.
Also, I take offense of that picture. Neither nuns nor Muslim women want to be lusted after. Delet this.

This but un-ironically

I actually jerked to this earlier today and I am ashamed of myself