Why is history so comfy...

Why is history so comfy?Whenever I feel bad I just need to retreat into something historical and its like I'm wrapped in a blanket of timeless safety.

What is Veeky Forums's snug of choice?

>Why is history so comfy?

Umm... no honey. No... just no. History is only "comfy" from the straight male perspective. Let me tell you, it's a real DOOOOWWNER for anyone else!

Pretty much anything in late nineteenth century continental Europe.

Did you ever take a moment to realize that history is only ever 'comfy' for anybody who is WHITE AND MALE?

excellent taste.

Call me new, but I love reading about battles during the World War II on Wikipedia while listening to the smiths

>the World War II

Was gonna write the world wars, but that wouldn't make sense cause I don't really read battles of ww1 and forgot to the the. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALRIGHT :'(

I know this bait but women should be sorted at adulthood into dependant and independent women. Their choice, but there's no going back. Independent women will be treated as complete equals in every way, while the women who chose to be dependent will be treated like women.

Feminism problem solved.

Stop baiting, it isn't funny

Used to be the natural order if you made it to about 30 without getting married you became a "spinster" which is basically an ineligible independent women with almost zero marriage prospects who tutored or did some menial trade to make money.

I turn to my own personal past history with females I love (not like my mom and family and stuff but girls I'll always feel positivity and love for). Its a powerful drug, love.

This but with men too.

That's some faggy shit user

If that was with men maybe but because it's with girls no unless that user is female.

Really into the Stone Age right now.

Really? I have 3 unassailable connections in my life I can count on like an iron vangaurd.

> (You)
>Really? I have 3 unassailable connections in my life I can count on like an iron vangaurd.
Depends are they your exes or friends, or what?

They are people that I Love.

History reminds us of a time when we weren't insane believing in inauthentic artificial ideological constructs.

This. Exactly this is why its comfy. Its like peering back into a sane era. The past feels a whole lot more real than the present. I know its cliched or w/e but I honestly feel like I was born in the wrong era this time is just clownis, lame, and constantly in decline.

It's 4am here and I'm doing exactly that, reading wikis I'll probably forget the details of in a couple weeks. But I don't care because I'm snug in bed, the wind is roaring outside and my mind is escaping to the story of Charlemagne.

I’m usually into modern stuff but recently I’ve been buried in Alexander the Great history.

What does this even mean, what relation do they have to you