Greece or Rome

Would you rather live in ancient Greece or ancient Rome

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kynodesme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AG, id be richer

if i choose ancient greece will i have to tie my foreskin to a string around my waist like everyone else or can i just wear underwear instead?

Rome

The Pax Romana lasted a long time, whereas Greek city-states were constantly quarreling. Plus the idea of a cosmopolitan Ancient Rome with over 1 million inhabitants sounds like it would be fun.

Ancient Rome during the reign of Augustus:

>wealthy patrician
>own a nice property near the river
>be a senator but since augustus rules with absolute power i don't really need to do anything
>stand around all day drinking with fellow patricians and shittalking about barbarians
>go home and fuck one of my qt slave girls
>go to sleep
>repeat next day

What

Where in the fuck did you hear this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kynodesme

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kynodesme
>>a leather strip that was worn by some athletes in Ancient Greece and Etruria
>>some athletes
while this guysays
>>if i choose ancient greece will i have to tie my foreskin to a string around my waist like everyone else or can i just wear underwear instead?
Do people on here enjoy being deliberately obnoxious and retarded?

I think he's just jealous of their cool foreskin ribbons.

bitch please

Here comes the autismo who uses the term "amerindian" and spews bullshit about 10 000 head start

Rome ofcourse, the greeks are uninteresting faggots(literally).

>This guy thinks ancient Roman bathhouses were for bathing
Friend, people didn't start bathing regularly until the mid 20th century. Bathhouses were for fucking your bros midweek, much like going to the bar. Pick up a book that wasn't co-written by Disney.

Were they used for fucking guys exclusively, or did some women go there too?

Men and women had separate bath houses generally. As did the rich/poor. Rome was a very secular society based on race, sex and class.

I'm sure no small number of guys tries to sneak into the female bath houses.

I'm sure they did. What's your point? Are you just shooting the shit with me and theory crafting about Roman youth and debauchery?

Yep. It's fun to humanise ancient peoples with mostly irrelevant stuff like that.

Why do you have to humanize them? They were just like you and me. Some were good, some were bad. Some enjoyed gay sex, others worshiped a sky daddy and Joesph's Wife's son. Some were more intelligent than most people today. They were no different, except in beliefe.

Hash smoking wine drinking senator/noblemen/rich kid in prime Rome.
Oh and slave fucking, copious amounts of slave fucking.

Not humanise them because they were inherently bad, but because since so few of them could read and write (and even fewer left records of it) we know almost nothing about their day-to-day personal lives aside from broad overviews by other writers. There's a huge disconnect between us and them, because of that, and often we see them more as passing references in a text than real people.

Well what else would they have done? They're human. They must eat and drink, and they must do work to provide food and drink. We know pretty well what an average Roman did on a day to day basis. You either had a trade and worked that trade, or you didn't and needed to beg or provide food/drink some other way. That's been the status quo for a while now.

Jeez man, you seem really argumentative, I'm not trying to make some serious historical assessment here.

Where did they bathe then?

I am extremely argumentative. Especially on Veeky Forums. I've been far too jaded by idiots on this site.
The GaySex House. It's like how we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

This is Veeky Forums. If you solely wany to talk about Greeks playng with their assholes, /b/ is a pretty shitty board. You should be trying to make historical assessments on Veeky Forums. If your goal is to simply play with yourself and shitpost there are plenty of other boards.

It's funny because I spent an hour writing a complete biography of Napoleon on this board earlier today, but now you guys are giving me shit for not taking history as "seriously" as you guys.

Fucking pricks.

Acting like a retard 50% of the time is still acting like a retard. Just because "it's funny" doesn't make it any less retarded.

Joking and memeing about history is a very good way to spark interest on the matter

or more likely

>get stabbed by ambitious rival

>Do people on here enjoy being deliberately obnoxious and retarded?
...Yes?

>It's like how we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

>It's funny because I spent an hour writing a complete biography of Napoleon on this board earlier today, but now you guys are giving me shit for not taking history as "seriously" as you guys.
Sorry about that user, I should have recognized that you're the same Anonymous as earlier

Shitposting aside Romans did in fact take hygiene very seriously. Pic is a residential quarter of a town in the ass end of nowhere yet you see how complex the waterworks are.

>Wanting to live in the ancient precursor to Jew York and most major world cities.
Athens was something different.

> Philippopol_4.jpg
> Philippopol a.k.a Philippopolis a.k.a Trimontium during Trajan
>Capital of the province of Thracia
>population 120 000 people
>A city which Lucian describes as : "And, by Jupiter! One of the greatest and noblest in the whole land! Its splendour is even conspicuous at a distance. And the great river that flows close under its walls -
> in the ass end of nowhere

Oh boy, learn your imperial provinces and their capitals before trying to be smart.

>I spent an hour writing a complete biography of Napoleon on this board earlier today
That was breddy gud.

Nice

>in the ass end of nowhere

Depends which has cuter boys

>ywn watch Cicero quip in the Senate, Antony BTFO the Optimates at Caesar's funeral, or see Augustus turn the city into marble.