youtube.com/watch?v=YEONLGOSnZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ibu-XGHUWYY
youtube.com/watch?v=TW_hcZCY6QM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fkr-U2yvYO4
youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberum_veto
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The last thing a huge diverse country with no natural borders and several neighboring empires needs is a decentralized government

what were they even thinking

just like in Roman Empire and HRE

>what were they even thinking
MUH FREEDOM!
youtube.com/watch?v=YEONLGOSnZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ibu-XGHUWYY
youtube.com/watch?v=TW_hcZCY6QM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fkr-U2yvYO4

youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM

Elective monarchy is still a fine idea, it just didn't work in Poland because the throne was always usurped by some other western monarch or by a Ruthenian magnate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberum_veto

European powerless monarchies, in which the "rulers" are just national celebrities, should really switch to being electoral monarchies.

Who would you rather have representing your country?
>some random guy that happened to be born in the only right family
or
>a famous poet, sportsman, scholar, artist, &c. who became a beloved person because of their actions

You could even make the candidates get an approval in the form of supermajority of 2/3 or 3/4 in the parliament - to ensure their apoliticality. Not that it would matter much - these monarchs have barely any powers anyway

I see no resemblance

>be elective monarchy
>survive for 220 years
>suddenly write constitution and switch to hereditary monarchy
>your nation disappears from map without surviving for even a decade
looks like it worked

This is so fucking stupid.

The only reason figurehead monarchies exist is because they are a noble family, not because they are monarchs. That would just be a meaningless title instead of just an ineffective one. I can already crown myself monarch of my house and it would be as legitimate as what you said

Are popes illegitimate because they're elected?
>I can already crown myself monarch of my house and it would be as legitimate as what you said
Are you retarded?

>>elective monarchy

PLC's decline has nothing to do with elective type of monarchy.

Fun fact, much of monarchies in the region were in fact elective, for example Bohemia and Danmark.

>decentralized government

Bullshit. Sejm, i.e. the parliament WAS a central organ of power.

>Bullshit. Sejm, i.e. the parliament WAS a central organ of power.
Yeah but

>Yeah but

As long as the middle nobility was well off, it held the great magnates in check. The PLC's decline is directly related to the decline of the middle nobility.

>The PLC's decline is directly related to the decline of the middle nobility.
And the burgher class

I can't speak for all countries here, but germany avoids the direct election of the representative head of state precise because it would give him a certain legitimacy (in the eye of the public) to interfere with the actual decisionmakers, the parliament and the chancellor. Making it a position for life just makes it even sillier. Don't forget that european constitutional royalty act the way they do precisely because they didn't get elected for the job. They have to tread a far thinner line and have far more to lose than some random politician.

Popes have institutional power, read what HE wrote mongoloid

Germany has that? who?

Those "royals" have no legitimacy to begin with

These monarchies are seen as legitimate by the populace because that's what the state propaganda says. Not because there's something inherently special about it being hereditary.

shit
middle class dominated politics created shitload of great people

Comparing the polish elective monarchy and the HRE elective monarchy would be interesting.
The most important difference I see is that in the HRE, the emperors personal demesne and other lordships eventually developed into livable powers in their own right, while the polish magnates became the playballs of others.

They are complete opposites
For most of its history, there were only 7 electors in the imperial electoral college, and they were all powerful monarchs at that
On the other hand, EVERY adult male noble in Poland had voting rights.
The poorest nobles in later elections were bought out by the magnates to vote for their desired candidates.
It didn't help that the election happened in Wola near Warsaw in Mazovia
Which is significant as Mazovia had both the highest percentage of nobles of any region, and it has always been amongst the poorest throughout Polish history

>this is what liberals actually believe

No, they are seen as legitimate because they are the inheritors of the blood, property, family and cultural traditions of their direct ancestors. Do you think if "the state" proclaimed Merkel honorary Queen she would be seen as legitimate?

>muh liberals
fuck off to /pol/ underage retard

>fuck off to /pol/ underage retard

modern leftism is the same revolutionary garbage as liberalism, fuck off back to whatever normie site you came from, you don't belong on Veeky Forums.

How the fuck are my posts left- or right-wing? Nothing implies that either way.
Are you from the 1800s?
Fuck me, we really need a board Americans are banned from.

>State propaganda is the root of a monarchies legitimacy

this is some liberal bull shit, or leftist. It doesn't matter, it's still not traditionalist

>What was the church?

#notallamericans

although it is sad when a /pol/ack is unable to differentiate between liberalism and republicanism.

>failed and collapsed because of foreign governments interventionism in the royal elections; causing kings to literally be vassals of the neighboring empires

Really makes you think huh?

underrated

Why is it bad if was in Masovia then
That way the poor people don’t have to travel there

Man, the 1795 borders were aesthetic. Stupid Vienna Congress messing everything up.

>That way the poor people don’t have to travel there
That's exactly why it's bad

I seriously prefer the 1619 borders.

I meant this one.

Hol up
>makes pierogi
so uh
>curses Russia
you be sayin
>rides pegasus cavalry
I can call
>plays witcher