Who were the Aryans?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Aryan_language
en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Rig_Veda/Mandala_3/Hymn_34
sacred-texts.com/hin/rvsan/rv03034.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Definitely not you, you dravidian ape.

Nomads from the Pontic Steppe.

the proto-indo-aryan speaking peoples were Indo-Iranic fire worshiping soma drinking cannabis burning chariot riding yogurt eating Sanskrit inventing horse nomads.

why do people make the same threads over and over again?

Okay Mohammad

Because /pol/ only really cares about a few points in history that validate their narrative.

>proto-indo-aryan
Proto-Aryan*

The "Indo"-meme is an English invention.

I feel like you posted before asking if you were Aryan. Didn't you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Aryan_language

referring specifically to the people who spoke this language

The authors of the Rig Veda didn't call themselves Indians but Aryans.

I repeat "Indian" is a meme created by the Anglos.

anyone who uses meme in historical discussion can't be taken seriously, opinion discarded. fuck off

Slightly more civilized barbarians from the steppe.

>soma
>According to professor David W. Anthony, author of The Horse, the Wheel and Language, soma was introduced into Indo-Iranian culture from the Bactria–Margiana culture. The Old Indic religion probably emerged among Indo-European immigrants in the contact zone between the Zeravshan River (present-day Uzbekistan) and (present-day) Iran.[5] It was "a syncretic mixture of old Central Asian and new Indo-European elements",[5] which borrowed "distinctive religious beliefs and practices"[6] from the Bactria–Margiana culture.[6] At least 383 non-Indo-European words were borrowed from this culture, including the god Indra and the ritual drink soma.[7] According to Anthony,

>anyone who
Underages aren't allowed there.
Come back after becoming an adult, and with actual arguments this time.

>He gained possession of the Sun and Horses, Indra obtained the Cow who feedeth many. Treasure of gold he won; he smote the Dasyus, and gave protection to the Aryan colour.
en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Rig_Veda/Mandala_3/Hymn_34

>be Indian
>have a highly advanced culture with rich history, writing and cities
>get invaded by dumb barbarians from the north
>throw away all your achievements, language, writing, cities and culture become a lower caste for your aryan masters
Good job.

Ahaha he thinks he can translate context into English from Sanskrit! ahahahahaha
He thinks परार्यंवर्णमावत translates to Pra arya varna mavat instead of para yara varna mavat which literally translated to glory to his banner, his standard. AHAHAHAHAH!~

>he thinks he can translate context into English from Sanskrit
>literally translated to glory to his banner, his standard
hmm

prāryaṃvarṇamāvat

sacred-texts.com/hin/rvsan/rv03034.htm

परार्यंवर्णमावत is
प=pa रा=raa र्यंव=r-yana वर्ण=varna मावत=mavata

There is some fault in the english conversion and translation I dont even know what it means, but it sure isnt banner or colours of a army, it is descriptive of a colour but the word it self is some archaic designation.

Also varna doesnt necessarily mean colour
वर्ण m. varNa one who wards off
वर्ण m. varNa religious observance
वर्ण m. varNa beauty
वर्ण m. varNa expeller on
वर्ण m. varNa tribe
वर्ण m. varNa lid
वर्ण m. varNa pigment
वर्ण m. varNa class
वर्ण m. varNa sort
वर्ण m. varNa co-efficient
वर्ण m. varNa glory
वर्ण m. varNa nature

There is a thousand meanings so it is hard to say what exactly praryamvarnamavat means especially with the suffix of praryam, the Pr sound in itself is jarring.

>Varṇa (वर्णः) is a Sanskrit word which means type, order, colour or class.[1][2] The term refers to social classes in Brahminical books like the Manusmriti.[1][3][4] These and other Hindu literature classified the society in principle into four varnas:[1][5]

>ARYA varna

Thanks for confirming what i've said.

Yo sanshit can you stop making this thread ty

>wikipedia
yea ok, I learnt sanskrit, you didnt, so I think I know more about it than your google and wiki searches and your knowledge based on internet arguments. I guess ignorance can be innocent but arrogance in ignorance is malicious.

>I learnt sanskrit
typical white hindu

sanata dharma muhfugga

Albino Dravidians.

I learnt sanskrit too, and you are wrong.

Now go and kys in shame fgt.

Hello Afghan brother

I aint white you cracker.

REI, I summon you! (please)

ive emailed him, he still hasnt replied

Emailed him about this thread?

I am from India
It is horrible
I love America, god bless USA